Chapter 7

They entered the room as Clary finished the Hexagram. "Jocelyn was right your artistry is beyond compare" Magnus complimente
"I wouldn't say that" Clary muttered.

"Ok we're ready, everyone take their place on the hexagram" Magnus nodded to Yasmin. "We must initiate a bond, once the bond is made it cannot be broken till the demon retreats. No matter what happens we must not let go of each other's hands. Yasmin stood in between Magnus and Alec, nodding to Alec. Magnus went quiet.

Alec tentatively reached out as he connected him and Jace's hands with a quiet boom, slowly the bond stretched  round to Magnus and Izzy. The only thing not creating the bond now was Yasmin.

This was the moment when Clary Fairchild would be tested as well as everyone in that room. Yasmin gracefully drew a silver dagger rimmed with red rubies, sharp and deadly. "What are you doing?" Alex asked concern laced his voice. She ignored him as she held the dagger out to the middle of the hexagon. Magnus murmured a few short words and the blade burned red hot. Yasmin held her breath as she sliced the blade across her right side, wincing in pain.

The shadowhunters yelled and Alec made to break the bond but was stopped my Magnus's booming voice, "DON'T BREAK THE BOND" Alec's  face was stalk white as he watched Yasmin threw the dagger to the edge of the room her blood dripping onto the chalk. Magnus grabbed her arm to steady her but all the while keeping his hand in Izzy's. Yasmin looked into Alec's bright blue eyes and not for the first time wished he could see in her eyes that she was fine and this was what had to happen to help Clary. Alec grabbed her blood soaked hand completing the bond.

"I will lead the ceremony. The demons name is Varlik, at some point he will ask for payment." Magnus said calmly.

"Hasn't he already had his payment" Alec growled gesturing to Yasmin whose blood coated both of their interlocked hands and the gash on Yasmin's side.

"What kind of payment?"Jace asked holding Alec's hand tighter, worried Alec would break the bond.

"We will see"
Magnus started to chant and the bond became harder to maintain.
"Varlik is among us, do not break the bond" Magnus commanded as a black cloud appeared spinning and roaring.
"Hold on" Jace told Clary,
"I'm trying".
"Try harder" Yasmin gritted out.

Alec tightened his grip on Yasmin but her eyes weren't working properly, the cut was deep and her mind was focused on other things.

"It is time. The demon demands payment"
"What does it want?" Alec Yelled
"For it we must each relinquish a memory of the one we love the most, but it wants something else from Yazie" Magnus cried his voices strained.

Izzy went first, it was an image of Alec smiling. Next was Clary with an image of her mother. The demon turned to Jace next, his was in a field of bright green grass under a blue sky, the memory itself was of a young blonde haired girl with Jace's blue eyes. She was dressed in shorts and a T-Shirt with a sword strapped to her waist. She was smiling at them.

"Yasmin" Jace yelled in desperation "No! It's one of the only memories I have left"
"Do not break the bond" Magnus yelled ago. His gaze going to Yasmin who was frozen.

The demon turned to Yasmin next and for the first time spoke. "For you, you must reveal your identity" it hissed, although the voice was quite and sharp but Yasmin heard the cold amusement in its voice.

"No!" yelled Magnus but the demon ignored him as it reached out and tipped the hood off of Yasmin. "We meet again Yasmin Wayland. I've missed our time together" Varlik roared turning to Alec.

Jace was staring across the hexagon in amazement, as was Clary but her face showed confusion and a hint of jealousy. Then Alec's memory was revealed, it was Jace. "No it's not true! The demon deceived me!" He yelled.
"Do not break the bond!"
"Alec No!"
Alec broke the bond causing everyone to fly backwards expect Yasmin who sunk to her knees, seemingly held in place by the grip of the demon.

"I can not contain the demon much longer" Magnus cried sweat pouring down his face. Alec got up but Jace pushed him aside. The demon made a grab at him but Yasmin leaped forwards into its grip. "Jace!" She cried out in pain and fear.

Jace was on his feet in an instant grabbing his twins blood soaked hand. Izzy helped while Clary stood frozen in shock. "Clary help us!"
"Clary if you kill the demon your memories will be lost forever" Magnus supplied from somewhere.
But Clary didn't hesitate as she stood up and thrust the blade into the demon. It roared in pain before dissolving. Yasmin dropped into Jace's arms.

Jace crouched down his twins head in his lap. "Come on Yaz wake up" he pleaded.
"Wake up Wayland" Alec growled desperately. Magnus watched, fear bubbled in his core.

Yasmin's eyes snapped open as she gasped for breath. Jace sighed loudly as his fingers frantically pressed onto the gash in her hand. Magnus stepped in stopping the bleeding but the cut itself was still deep and raw.

"Even with my magic it's going to take some time to heal, if you had cut any deeper you would have bled out." He paused his eyes focused on her sky blue ones, "I'm just glad your ok" he told her smiling before walking up to Alec where the two converse in hushed tones.

Yasmin could feel herself slipping into darkness. " I found you" she whispered a smile crossed her lips as she drowned darkness the last thing she heard was the brothers words.

"I'm never leaving you again. Ever again"
===========================
A/N
I am sooooo sorry for the long wait between updates my exams are really soon and I'm stressed out. This chapter was really fun to write as I always thought that summoning a demon should be dangerous and require a blood sacrifice. I'm sooo happy that I can now explore the relationship betwenn Yasmin and Jace and how/If Clary will effect t it.
In the next chapter we will see a protective Alec and a torn Jace. thank you again for racing this book I will try and update agin soon.

Side question and anyone got any revision tips?

Tess