Chapter 9

A/N this chapter will not follow the dialogue of the show

"What is wrong with you?" Jace asked Alec as they stood on the stairs, Alec felt his face heat up slightly at the intensity of Jace gaze, his left blue eye held the same bright blue as Yasmin's. Alec stumbled over his words before finally spitting out, "You have every right to be mad at me"

"What did you do?"

"At Magnus the demon image of you.."

"So what you me, I love you you to," Alec heart skipped a beat, "Come on man we're Parabati ". Jace smiled at him calmly.
Alec hardly remembered the rest of the conversation he let out a few garbled words before Jace walked away smiling as if he had settled the pounding in Alecs head.
——————————————

"Looks like we're stuck here together" the little red head said unhappily. "For what it's worth I thought your mother was too hard on you."
"Most mothers are" was his brittle reply,

"My mother not like that...I mean she wasn't.." she trailed off a he gave her the I don't care look.

"Go on knock me on my ass, it'll make you feel better"

"Your right about time thing" he chuckled correcting her position before they began. It took less than 5 seconds for him to knock Clary down. Her form was terrible, her attack to wild and blind and her defence no existent.
"Again" He said pulling her up before going again.

Clary swung at Alec unsuccessfully yet again, Alec almost groaned at her incompetence. He was still angry at her for the trouble she had brought on him and his family. He again knocked her to the ground while she continued to question the calves authority and orders, he was mainly focused on trying to get her to actually hold the switch in a manner in which she could be able to attack, a the moment in time it was a miracle that she hadn't smashed the glass or something.

His phone rang, "Hello"
"Hello Alexander" the voice on the other end of the line was Magnus'. "What's up?" He asked walking away from Clary, actually interested in what the warlock wanted.
"Well last night with the demon you seemed a nice guy who worked well with Yazzie and I was wondering if you'd join us for drinks?" Alec felt a warm feeling in his chest but it froze over as he turned to see that Clary was not in the room.

"I would love to really, but I've got to go and rescue Clary before she goes off to Brooklyn to her mothers apartment", he had actually been listening to the girl as they had spared about the box hidden in the house that had her brothers initials on.

"I'll send Yazie" an amused voice sounded before the phone cut off and Alec hurried out in search of the red head.
———————————————

Yasmin was walking quickly towards the art studio having received a call from Magnus to tell her Clary had left the institute. She followed the clear trail of smell that was Clary's.

The sound of a loud phone sounded from across the street, mundanes looked around in confusion as an invisible phone ring caught their attention. Yasmin almost burst out laughing as she watch Alec grab Clary, she caught some of his frustrated words. "...what's the point in an invisibility rune if you don't silence you phone".

She crossed the street, candy walked a few steps away answering a call from Simon. "Alexander" she called, Alec spun to look at her his face turned from alert to shock. Yasmin had her waist length blonde hair tumbling down her back free from its usual two Dutch braids. Her clothes mirrored Alec's with a navy blue shirt and her crossbow strapped to her back.

"You look..." she raised an eyebrow at him smiling. "I woke today to two shadowhunters, clave members, asking Magnus if he knew where Yasmin Wayland was. I assume our wise little red head had something to do with that."
Alec threw a glare at Clary who was talking quickly to Simon, confirming her suspicions. A part of her was glad she could actually now show her face properly.

"Look Alexander I know it's hard for you and Clary" Alec now look bewildered, "You know being in love with Jace and all, he straight and..." a blush covered Alec's cheeks. "I don't...I'm not..I'm not in love with Jace. Not in the way I thought I was" he stumbled over his words before his face agin became hard, "And I've already had this lecture from both Izzy and Clary, don't make it you to"

Yasmin only laughed, "Come on were going to loose her again"
———————————————

"Simon!" Clary yelled hugging the mundane. Alec and Yasmin trailed behind, "...not the end of the world" Simon finished shrugging.

"The world has been ending for thousands of years. You get used to it"

"Alexander" Yasmin hissed poking him in the ribs earning a smirk from Alec. Surprise and happiness ripples through her,
"Are you smirking at me Alec grumpy pants Lightwood?" She asked teasingly, he only smiled wider slinging an arm around her shoulder before turning back to Simon.

Yasmin didn't pay attention to the convention she was caught up in Simons' scent, it had changed since last time. He now smelt very different, cold and clammy. Not Raphael vampire like but defiantly not human. Her theory was again proven when Simon leaped over the wall like he was a master parkour artist.

Yasmin dragged an annoyed looking Alec behind her as they followed Simon.

They reached the lift within a few minutes. Simon had been right when he said he knew Brooklyn. "You got better at this"
"You to" Simon flirted back at Clary as they climbed an old black ladder up to the back entrance of the loft.

"Climbing a fire escape excited mundanes! I will never understand these people" Alec groaned from where he stood on the ground as Yasmin balanced above him. The sun shone down into her face so she turn to look back at him a bright smile plastered on her face.
"Come now Alexander, see the pleasure in the little things" she scolded.

Alec stared at her for a moment as if he had been hit.

Then a smirk slipped onto Alec's face as she turned back to climb, "I've got a nice view from here" her face heated up, she tossed a well aimed rock at his head earning a yelp from the Lightwood.

They reached the loft door, Clary unable to open it as she struggled against the rust. Alec stepped forward but Simon pushed him back shoving the door open with ease. Yasmin again look at him, now highly suspicious especially as Simon could now see the runes that he shouldn't be able to see. Simon patted Alec on the chest as the three of them entered but a sound caused Yasmin to hesitate.

Turning to her left, perched on the wall was a handsome boy with acorn green eyes and soft brown hair, he was wearing similar clothes to Alec with a seraph sword at his side. She raised her crossbow but his hand glowed, "Warlock she cursed" as he flung her crossbow down into the ground at the bottom of the stairs.

The boys was staring as her as shoved them at her, Yasmin felt herself tumble backwards down the ladder. As she hit the ground darkness ebbing into her vision she could have sworn he heard the boys voice that sounded so familiar whisper in the wind.

"I'm sorry Yasmin"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N I'm so sorry I had to rewrite this entire chapter because wattpad deleted it. Arg I'm so angry it's done the same thing to chapter 19!!! Technology! Anyway this should be nearly the same and the plot is exactly the same. Hope you enjoyed.

Tess