Episode 23

Alec was still on the ground his heart felt shattered. He hadn't been able to move in ten minutes, Magnus and Izzy where holding him, he was in so much pain he couldn't get up.

Jace was gone.

His heart clenched for Yasmin. What had happened to her?

Suddenly Ajax fell to his knees, gasping for breath, fingers scrambling at his throat. "Ajax" Magnus cried in panic. Blood ran out of Ajax's mouth, ears, nose. Even his eyes. "Yasmin. Yasmin. She's gone" he screamed in pain, writhing on the floor.

Alec heart stooped, he had lost Jace and now Yasmin. "We are going to Idris" he said. Magnus tried to stop Ajax getting to his feet. "No, I'm fine. I can get us there. My connection to Yasmin it can take us close to them" Magnus held him up as Ajax created a portal.

Alec looked at the four of them. "We need to go now!"

Alec hurried onto the banks, Izzy, Magnus and Ajax just behind him. His heart soared as he saw Jace and Clary heatedly kissing om the ground. Jace was alive! He was ok!

"Where is Yasmin?" he asked, the two jumped apart. Clary looked towards the water. She ran towards it, when a burst of light caused her to fall backwards. They all shielded their eyes.

A body rose out of the water carried by a man with pure white wings. Alec cried out as he saw as the man placed the body on the ground, it was Yasmin.

Alec rushed forward ignoring how the angel just vanished into thin air. He picked Yasmin up cradling her in his arms. "Yasmin?" he whispered quietly. He could just about make out Clary and Jace whispering furiously in the background something about Yasmin and Valentine, but Alec didn't care.

Her body was cold. "I love you" he whispered kissing her on the lips. Tears splashed down onto her porcelain skin. He looked up over the lake, the world had stopped turning. He had got her back, for a brief second. He had got her back... and now she was gone again.

He turned back towards the others. All of them where in tears. He began to walk towards them when Jace let out a gasp. "Alec" a soft voice called from behind him. Yasmin's body was gone. In its place was

...Yasmin.

She stood before his, dressed in a flowing white dress. Her hair was soft, glinting like liquid silver in the moonlight. Alec ran at her, pulling her into his arms, he held her tightly. Sobs racked his body.

Her hand pushed his face to look into hers. She was glowing slightly. "Alexander Lightwood" she smiled at him, "I love you". His sobs intensified but he dipped his head capturing her lips with his.

His world was turning again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alec sat happily at the bar looking over at Izzy and Yasmin, the two where drinking together smiling. Both had drinks in their hands. Around Yasmin people where talking and drinking but they faded into the background to Alec, he couldn't take his eyes off Yasmin, scared she would disappear again.

"You know she not going to disappear again" Jace sat hitting him on the shoulder as he sat down next to his Parabatai. Alec nodded at the blonde but his frowned.

"Everything okay mate?" Jace asked his face turning serious, "Look if this is about the Parbati rune I don't kn..."

"It's not"

"What is it then?"

"Its Yasmin" Jace's face fell, he nodded at Alec to continue. "I don't know how much damage Valentine's done to her. Think about it that man took almost everything from her. I'm worried she's broken, and I can't fix her"

Jace looked at Alec his eyes were dark with worry, "Only Clary knows what happened to Yasmin and she won't tell me what Valentine said or did. We don't know what happened in the Lake" Jace looked over to Yasmin who had been joined by Clary. The three girls were smiling.

"We won't know how she feels for a while Alec. But I can only imagine. She was locked in a cage. In a cage Alec! Helpless as she watched Clary almost get beheaded, then she watched me get ki... hurt" Alec frowned at Jace stumbled over his words.

"Something is wrong" Ajax said, he took the seat on Alec's other side.

"How do you know?" Jace asked,

"There is some kind of bond between us like the one you have with her but only stronger. I imagine its similar to the Parabatai bond" Ajax explained quietly glancing around. "That's how you felt her die?" Ajax nodded to Alec's question.

"Then how is she alive?" Jace asked frustratedly.

"How are you alive Herondale?" Alec didn't understand the look that pasted between Jace and Ajax, Jace looked slightly horrified by Ajax's statement. "Jace is our best fighter, Valentine wouldn't have been able to kill him" Alec brushed off Ajax's question.

He turned his eyes back to Yasmin who was turning away from Clary and Izzy, she was walking outside. Alec leaped to his feet, he ignored Jace and Ajax's hushed whispered argument.

He hurried after her out into the street. "Yasmin" he called after her causing her to spin round, "I meant what I said. I love you". Yasmin walked towards him, she was had changed into her usual black and blue leather clothes. Her leather boots made no noise on the ground. "I don't think I can live without you" he stated,

"Nor I you" she smiled, "I thought I had to choose between you and the shadow world... but I don't" Her voice was steady, as she stood on tip toes to kiss him.

"I remember Alec. I remember everything. Every detail. Every Kiss. Everything about you"

"So, what do you say to trying round two of being together?" He smirked down at her his lips tingling.

"Yasmin Herondale. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes. Alexander Lightwood. I will be your girlfriend"

Alec smiled happily at her, Jace wandered out to see the two of them. His expression was light and happy. "Can I speak with my sister?" Alec nodded at his Parabatai, walking back into the party siling like a drunk idiot. He was drunk, drunk with happiness, at being in love.

--------------------------------------------------

Jace leant towards Yasmin crying out in pain, she caught him worry etched onto her face. "Jace what is it? What's wrong?" her voice seemed distant to his ears; pain coursed through him. Suddenly he fell to the ground, Yasmin's arms had moved away, he glanced up at her to see her eyes blank. She didn't move. His heart stopped as her eyes turned black and then silver flooded her irises. His vision cut off into blackness as he collapsed to the ground.

The last thing he saw was Yasmin's silver eyes, glinting in the moonlight, reflecting the lights from the street.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N Season 2 is finished!!! I'm cruel to end with cliff hangers. Alec and Yasmin are finally together, but for how long?

Comment what you think season 3 has in store for our favourite shadowhunters?

Unfortunately I'm currently working on season 3 so I wont be publishing on this story for a few months due to writing the plot and also school is really hectic at the moment! Happy 2020!!

Thankyou so much for all your support throughout this season. Stay tuned for season 3.

Tess