Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Yasmin was perched on the edge of the table, the cuts around her wrist had scabbed over but the sound of footsteps made her jump reopening the scabs.

Gritting her teeth in pain she turned to the door. Alec stood in the doorway flanked by three men in shadowhunter gear. "We are taking you to the silent city" Alec said walking carefully forwards Yasmin, eying the trails of blood running slowly down her forearms. "Will you come..."

"Forget it Lightwood, we have our orders" the man biggest man said. He grabbed Yasmin by her chains dragging her out the room, away from a conflicted Alec.

——————————
Alec kept a firm grip on Yasmin's arm as he led her towards the downworlder entrance to the city of bones. They were surrounded by more shadowhunters all armed and alert.

The wind suddenly changed direction. Yasmin picked up the distinct scent of vampires and werewolf along with Jace, Clary and Izzy. A small smile crosses her lips; to her left Meliorn smirked, he to must know that they were not alone.

Growls sounded from around them. Alec yelled orders as the group was surrounded by Werewolves. There were only a few shadowhunters left around them. Alec looked nervous and for a brief second Yasmin felt bad for him, but then she remembered he was the one who had proposed to Lydia.

"No one follows us in" Alec ordered the three remaining shadowhunters. They nodded drawing their weapons. Alec picked Yasmin up, swinging her up over his shoulder. She yelled in protest.

"Alexander Lightwood put me down!". Meliorn raised his eyebrows at her but he was grabbed roughly by Alec as the Lightwood boy advanced towards the entrance.

Yasmin face banged up against Alec's.....lower half. Her arms fumbled clumsily as she pushed her self up so she could see what was going on. Despite herself she felt her face heat up as her hands slipped a little too low down Alec's back, Alec went rigid signalling that he knew exactly were her hands were in danger of slipping.

Yasmin looked behind them expecting to see the three shadowhunters standing guard but what she actually saw was something else. Two of the shadowhunters were pulled away into the shadows seemingly by nothing but Yasmin suspected vampire involvement. The last shadowhunter was pulled under an abandoned truck. Yasmin's thought she saw the tail end of a whip around his legs. "Izzy" she thought happily.

The muffled grunts were enough to make Alec turn around, This caused Yasmin to come face to face with Meliorn. Alec whipped back around striding forwards. "Watch it Alexander I'm not a bat to swing around" Yasmin complained.
"Not to late to turn back" Meliorn taunted smiling,
"Shut up" growled Alec.

They entered the warehouse. Alec placed Yasmin back on her feet, while he drew a rune in a column. As the door opened revealing a silent brother. Whispers seeped out from the open doorway, Yasmin felt cold and hot all at the same time. The energy drained from her legs. It felt like she had swam underwater for ages and now she was above the surface again her legs were weak and unstable.

"Alec stop" Clary yelled appearing out of nowhere. Jace appeared in front of Alec.
"You said you were taking Clary back to the institute. You lied to me" Alec accused his parabati.
"Get them out of here" Jace told Clary.

Unfortunately for Yasmin she was trapped by Alec's hand gripping her waist. She shoved Meliorn into Clary; the two of them ran.
Yasmin now had gotten herself in a bit of a predicament. As she looked into Jace's eyes she saw worry and betrayal. She tried to smile at him but the energy was slipping out of her body. The voices from the silent city still swirled around her but she had a distinct feeling that no one else could hear them.

"Yaz are you OK?" Jace asked his voice sounded like it came from far away. The world was blurred. She could not bring herself to answer, she simple sagged back into Alec her legs no longer able to support her weight.

Yasmin didn't know how it happened. Jace must have thrown himself at Alec. One moment she was leaning against Alec for support next she was up against a concrete column and the two boy were punching the living daylights out of each other.

Seconds dragged by. Yasmin wanted to yell at her the boys to stop but the voices were louder now. Even if she spoke the boys wouldn't hear her over the din in her mind. Suddenly the voices died leaving Yasmin in a silent world. The two boys had stopped fighting. Jace was on top of Alec.

"...about Yasmin! It about your feelings..." Jace was cut off as Alec's fist collided with his cheek.

This time Alec ended up on top of Jace but the difference was Alec holding his seraph blade to her brother neck. The two boys were yelling at each other, but Yasmin only caught odd words like, "kill", "Come" , "No", "Yamsin".

Alec fell backwards, Jace got to his feet. The Lightwood boy seemed to be fighting a battle inside his own head. "Jace" Yasmin called to her brother, her voice sounded foreign. It was quiet and soft barely over a whisper. Jace spun around running towards her, he obviously hadn't liked what Alec had said to him.

"Yaz!" He gasped crouching before her. "We need to get you out of here". Jace picked her up holding her gently in his arms. Blackness crawled into her vision. "Don't hold it against him. Not till you know his reason" she whispered to him before letting herself fall into darkness.
————————————————
A/N Hi guys I'm back Thankyou so much for all your amazing comments. It's almost the holidays so I hope to finish this book soon. Do you guys think I should enter this book in the Wattys?

This chapter was hard to write as I had writer block and I needed to keep Yamsin in the dark to a lot of what's going on. I still love her little interactions with Alec though and Jace is Bering a lot better at fulfilling his older brother role. What do you guys think of how Yalec (I can't come up with anything better). It's coming up to a really big episode if you guys have watched the Tv show. How do you think it will go down?

Thankyou agin for all your support. You guys are amazing!!

Tess