Chapter 37: GO GO POWERANGERS!

"THAT'S MY BROCCOLI BOIIII!!"

Midoriya grabs the man by his shirt and slammed him into the wall.

"You're a type O huh?" The villain gasped before sharply elbowing our green boi off him. "Duck!" Shoto yells, a barrier of ice coming between the villain and Deku.

'I would've quacked tbh...'

"So, being a type O affects his quirk huh?" I surmise as Midoriya leaps back, crouching before us. "Seems the bloodtype affects how long his quirk can work on a person..." Midoriya mumbles. "We can't run with the two of them down, Stain is simply too fast," Todoroki grimaces, referring to the two heroes still on the floor. "All we can do is hold out until the other proheroes arrive..."

"No, we can't...!" Midoriya clenches his teeth. "You two have already lost too much blood- we won't hold..."

"I'm fine," I grin, waving my scabbed over arm. "Not perfect but it works," I shake my arm out, both to sort of prove that I'm fine but also to hide the botched job I did. Sure it was working for now but no way in hell would it hold.

But damn did I need it to.

"But Peppermint, you should stay behind, you're still spouting like a morbid chocolate fountain," I grin to lighten up the atmosphere.

He looks hesitant but eventually agrees to back us up.

"Alright, let's go Midori," I tighten the cuffs around my gloves and turn back to Shoto. "Make sure to-"

"I'll protect you," he stares me in the eyes, flames licking up the side of his face.

"I promise."

-

-

-
A heat rises to my face.

'DAMN IKEMEN-!'

the villain gets to his feet and grins a rather freakish grin. "Three on one? Won't be easy will it...?"

Midoriya leaps forward and swings his left fist which the villain quickly dodges. I cover him, sliding onto the floor and creating a wave of dirt that topples the man over.

He rolls back and Midoriya leaps into the air, hopping back and forth between the narrow walls with skill. 'damn...!' I smile to myself as I follow suit, albeit not as quickly. 'to think just a few weeks ago he'd break his legs everytime he jumped...'

Icyhot uses a constant barrage of ice to keep the villain down as Midoriya eventually gets behind him and swings his right hook.

But again, the villain is too fast and he misses.

I jump and flip, landing a kick on the man which he just barely blocks with his forearms.

His grasp quickly switches and grabs me by the ankle, throwing me off him.

I almost land head-first in the dirt but a nice slope of ice smooths out my landing as I come to a halt by Todoroki's feet.

"Thanks-!"

"Your arm," he grits and it takes a second before I notice the red sludge pouring from my forearm. "A-ah, thanks..." I grab my arm, sealing the tissue back again, this time the skin emitting a rather unpleasant burning smell.

'these heroes better get here quick...!'

I feel his hand wrap around my wrist but I pull ahead. "C'mon Peppermint, show me some heat," I grin back at him as I roll my right shoulder.

I hear a slight sigh before a surge of heat rushes to my right and I stretch my arm back to greet it. As the flames turned almost hot enough to blister my skin, I curled my fingers into a fist and threw my arm forwards. The inferno followed with a split second of delay. I aimed my knuckles straight at the hero killer, him having just gashed a wound into Midoriya's arm, causing the green boy to have jumped back several paces.

A perfect distance.

I open my hand, rocketing the fire I had just amplified by condesing oxygen near it and by using a gentle swirl of wind to spin the flames, giving it direction.

He largely dodges it but the fire is able to graze him, allowing Deku to retreat for now.

Todoroki steps around me, placing his hand in front of mine and making my fingers weave between his.

'NOT QUITE THE TIME TO FLIRT TODORO-'

"Can you amplify it like this," he mutters into my ear.

I shiver a little but get my head in the game. Nodding he proceeds to create a bunch more attacks while I directed and enhanced them.

"Stop...please..." Iida snivelled from behind us as the attacks from both ends got more and more devastating.

"I can't... see you fight for me any-"

"IF YOU WANT TO STOP US THEN GET UP!" Todoroki forced my hand to follow his as he began to emit larger and larger balls of fire.

'this idiot- he's overheating himself!'

"GAH-!" Izuku gasped, falling to the floor, still as a board.

"LOOK CLOSELY AT WHAT YOU WANT TO BE!" Todoroki steps before me, raising a tall icewall that gets sliced down in a single cleave.

In a few steps, the hero killer closes the distance between us, his blade cleaving down. I trip Todoroki, getting him out of dodge as I duck to the left to avoid the hero killer's attack.

But suddenly, the blade comes up from below.

-

-

'he's gonna-'

The blade was an inch away from my armpit, about to shave my arm off.

-

-

-

'blue-?'

Iida comes whizzing from behind me, engines aflame as he lands a solid kick to the hero killer's gut. Stain flies backwards, slamming into a wall.

"I'm sorry my friends, you are right," Tenya mutters solemnly. "You're right, a true hero would have never done what I tried to do..."

"Well yall emos better lighten up soon or I'll punch ya!" I grin as I place an elbow on Iida's shoulder. Todoroki walks up beside me and I do the same to him.

"Let's kick some creepy butt-"

"LIKE I'D BELIEVE YOU!" The hero killer busted out from the wall as stampedes towards us.

Todoroki tries to widen the distance with his flames but Stain dodges by sticking the butt of his blade into the bricks and hopping onto it.

"Todoroki," Iida turns to said Icyhot boy.

"Could you freeze my legs?"