Chapter 14: boom×4

'is that...?'

"Todo, that's-" I pointed at the figure surrounded by the purple mist.

"All Might..."

Withthat confirmed, the both of us rushed down on a slope of ice Todoroki made.

He lands a few seconds before me as we see Bakugou blow up some of the warp villain.

Wasting no time, he kicks a foot onto the floor, freezing the large bird-like creature that had been restraining All Might.

"I'm here because one of your poorly trained thugs told me you thought you could kill All Might." There he goes again with his cool guy monologue...

'HEY I HELPED YA KNOW??'

All Might had managed to pry himself from the creature's grip, landing on his feet near Midoriya. I rushed over.

"All Might, let me," I raise my hands and he lifts his arm to allow me to touch the wound on his side. "I'm no Recovery Girl but I should be able to at least close this up a little..." I mutter as I put my quirk to work. It wouldn't heal the wound, I was basically just making the skin stretch over the injury to minimalise bleeding.

'huh...?' But something was strange. No matter how much energy I put into it, the wound was closing very slowly. 'is this... steam...?'

Thankfully, Kirishima was distracting the blue haired villain which bought us some time.

I sigh and step back, I'd done all that I could. He gives me a nod of thanks as he turns back to the creature.

"The symbol of peace will mot be defeated by the likes of you..." Todoroki scowled. I turned over to Bakugou who seemed to have somehow restrained the warp gate villain. "He has a real body under all that...?" I murmur, squatting down beside Bakugou who had a hand placed firmly on what appeared to be a metal cylinder in the midst of all the purple mist.

"Che, it wasn't hard to figure out. Only certain parts of you turn into that smoking warp gate. You use that mist to hide your body as a kind of distraction, thinking that made you safe." Damn, Bakugou sounded like Velma when she explained how the masked villain of the episode did it all. Well, a much angrier, gruffer Velma...

"But if you didn't have a body you wouldn't be wearing this neck armour, right? You're not immune to physical attacks if they're well aimed." He set of a small bunch of tiny explosions against the metal armour, making the villain flinch.

"Don't move! Or I'll blast you to pieces!" He threatened, pushing the metal armour into the ground.

"Woah that doesn't sound very heroic..." Kirishima chided. I couldn't help but add in. "Yeah Blasty-boy, ya sure you aren't secretly one of em?" I tease, wagging a finger at him.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!"

"You are all hardly injured and have caught my two strongest men... Kids thses days really are amazing..." The villain with a hand fetish muttered under his breath.

"Okay boomer..." I snicker before turning back to Bakugou. "Oh no worries, not you Senior Boomboom-"

"I DIDN'T SAY SHIT!" He yelled in response, surprise surprise, letting off another small chain of exolosions against the purple mist villain, much to his displeasure.

"They make the League of Villains look like amatures..."

'damn right-'

"We can't have that... Nomu."

With that the creature let out a high pitched shriek not unlike the sound Kaminari made when I threw a fake cockroach at him the other day.

I quickly got to my feet as the creature struggled to get back to his feet, not hesitating in the slightest as ice covered limbs fell off his body. I could see Todoroki's jaw fall slack, not that I could blame him.

"How is that thing still moving...?" Midoriya asked the question that all of us had in mind.

All Might crouched down, holding an arm out to usher us behind him. "Stay back everybody!"

Yet no matter how far back we stayed, we all witnessed, clear as day as the stumps where the creature's limbs had fallen off began to morph. Tissue and fibres reforming at an impossible rate as the arm rebuilt itself from the inside out. "What is this? I thought you said his power was shock absorption!" All Might yelled, getting onto his feet albeit unsteadily.

"I didn't say that was his only quirk... He also has super regeneration..." So... Wolverine? Or Deadpool without the jokes? Aight.

"Anybody got an adamantium bullet..." I muttered, not exactly surprised when no one replied.

"Nomu has been designed to take you on, a highly efficient punching bag that bits back..."

'Designed...'

"So that thing is some kind of mad science experiment?" I clench my fists. Something in my gut told me this wasn't just some souless super soldier... Somewhere in there a human had been made to endure horrid procedures that turned them into this wordless, mindless slave.

Being a lab rat myself I guess you could say it struck a nerve.

"First, we have to get Kurogiri back... Nomu." His words made my eyes blow wide.

"BAKUGOU-!"

It was like a flash.

A split second in time that generated so much air flow it shoved me, Todoroki and Midoriya back a few paces.

"KA-chan...?" We all paused as we spotted the blonde boy rested on his laurels just a little away from us.

"Woah that's amazing Kacchan, you dodged it?" Midoriya asked incredulously but I'm sure we all knew, there was no way he could have.

"No you stupid nerd, I didn't even see it coming..." He grimaced, getting off the floor.

"Then how did you get over here?"

At Kirishima's words, both Todoroki and I turned to where the Nomu was, the same conclusion on our mind.

"All Might..." I muttered as we watched the dust settle.

In the middle of the large dent the Nomu's attack made on the wall of the building was All Might.

He looked bad.

This wasn't normal.