Chapter 17: HE'S SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE!!!

"The landslide zone!" Hagakure chirped, gloved hands waving about being the only indication of her presence.

"You should have seen Todoroki and Yamada! They were so powerful!"

I glanced at Todoroki and we both seemed to share the same sentiment.

'I didn't even know she was there-'

"C'mon, lets get you kids back to campus, you've been through enough for today," the policeman walked over, waving a phone as he rounded us up.

Asui jumoed forwards, asking about Mr Aizawa.

"He suffered some pretty bad fractures and lacerations to the face. He sustained quite a bit of damage to his eye and we aren't sure if he will make it out without any visual impairment. However, he is stable and we can only wait and see how he heals," this seemed to drag the morale down which the police chief probably noted as he quickly added on.

"Thirteen suffered a few lacerations to the back but is expected to make a full recovery, as is All Might." At the sound of the first piece of good news in a while, the class seemed to release a collective sigh.

"What about Midoriya?!" Uraraka and Iida call out simultaneously.

'they're some pretty good friends, huh...?'

I watch as they sigh in relief at the good news.

'but then again...' I recall the incident, how Todoroki and Kirishima had supported me and how Bakugou had saved my ass.

'I guess I have some pretty good friends too...!'

I rejoin Kirishima and Kaminari, Todoroki now missing from sight having probably gone up ahead. "Where's Bakugou?" I ask, jogging over. Kirishima glances around, spotting the blonde by the door to the USJ.

He goes to call him but I offer to do it instead.

He was staring up at the building as though it had just insulted his mother, fists balled up so tight his knuckles were white.

"Hey," I call, no exactly surprised when he doesn't turn to acknowledge me. I throw an arm over his shoulder. "OI YOU-!"

"C'mon! I'll buy you a drink of something! You did save my ass after all," I grin, dragging him towards the bus with me.

Even as we boarded the bus I already noticed it. It seemed the adrenaline was finally leaving us, making us all rather tired out.

I plonked down in the same seat row I'd arrived in, pleasantly surprised that Todoroki had done the same. Except he now took my previous seat by the window.

"Thanks for helping me out back there," I started, resting my head against the chair and leaning back. I shut my eyes and thus couldn't quite see what face he was making byt continued. "It was great working beside you even if you act a little too aloof for your own good..." I mumble, feeling the tiny hands of sleep grip ahold of me and slowly pull me deeper and deeper into the abyss, the blackness of sleep slowly embracing me.

"I hope we get to... work together... again... parnnerr...."

The white haired boy slurred his words as his conciousness left him.

It was no wonder why he was so tired, after all using the energy needed to keep you going to fuel your quirk wasn't going to exactly help your fatigue after using it.

It did have the added bonus of burning off extra fat for energy though, keeping our main character effortlessly lean...

Can you tell I'm jealous?

ANYWAYS!

Todoroki looked over at the boy who now looked rather unsightly with his white hair now stained with dirt and sticking out in odd places. The soft snoring noises and drool that was tugging at his lips didn't exactly help either as he fell into a deep slumber.

Still Todoroki couldn't help the smile that rose to his face.

He thus decided that a partnership need not be something as useless as a friendship...

So maybe...

Just maybe...

He could see the two of them spending more time together.

Not as friends, no no,

As partners...

Not that he truly knew what that entailed.

He turned his head to look out the window, resting his cheek in his palm as the soft breaths that sounded from beside him lulled him into a comfortable rest of his own.

Who exactly knows how they ended up leaning against one another, snoring away softly as Mina took advantage of her seats behind them to snap a few pictures.
__________

Bakugou didn't quite know what to call this irritation he felt as he watched the two snooze away.

'stupid shitty hair, making me wake them up...'

"I'm not your damn dog..." He growled under his breath as he glared down at the pair.

"OI! BASTARDS! WAKE UP!" He hollered, feeling that sense of irritation swell in his stomach as he watched the two barely stir.

"I said... WAKE UP!" He yelled, grabbing onto Ryo's arm and yanking him out of his seat.

This finally made them wake up, apbeit groggily.

"Hmm...? Puppy...?" Ryo mumbled sleepily, running a hand through his spikey hair.

Bakugou tensed, now trembling with anger.

"I'M NOT YOUR DAMN DOG!!" He screeched, dragging the boy wuth him off the bus.

"Bakugou...? Whatchu doin...?" Damn his accent was stronger when he was tired.

"Bastard...! You said you'd buy me a drink for saving your ass right?!" They continued this rather humourous conversation on their way back into the school.

Todoroki rubbed his head, unaware of how his duocoloured locks were rather messy after rubbing against Ryo's shoulder with every jostle and shake the bus made. He sat up and got to his feet, slowly making his way back towards UA's main building.

Still it was strange, he felt a little... Disapointed?

He had hoped to listen to whatever ramblings or jokes Ryo would have had after awakening.

Maybe he had just gotten so used to Ryo's nonsensical mumbo jumbo from sitting beside him in class that it felt strange to be in school without it.

He just decided to shake it off, maybe a good night's rest would relieve him of this strange feeling.