Chapter 13: EAT MY STICKY BALLS

The world around me grew pitch black.

Then a pinhole of light.

That small spot expanded further and further and soon I found myself being dropped into the landslide area I'd glanced at earlier.

I used some air pressure to slow my fall but still landed with a hefty thump.

'well that's going to bruise...'

A soft breeze draws my attention as a shard of ice stops centimeters from my face.

My eyes flick up as I meet heterochromic eyes.

"Guess we're made like JB and Ari since I'm always Stuck With U," I bable and watch as he tilts his head in confusion.

"Nevermind, we should prepare to take down any villains that might be after us right now..." I flash him a quick smile as we slowly descend the hill.

'-! footsteps-'

Todoroki leaps in front of me but I pull him back, landing us behind a rock.

He shoots me an annoyed glare which I ignore.

"I'd rather you not freeze them to death with that quirk of yours... Let me handle this pretty boy," I say in a hushed whisper before I vault over the rock and dig the ball of my foot into the ground.

"W-WHAT?!" A couple of the villains cry out as the ground liquifies, swallowing them up to their necks before hardening again.

"Well, I'd say freeze but I kinda just saved you from that fate by the hands of my partner back there..." I pointed a thumb back at Todoroki who was getting up from behind the boulder and dusting himself off.

"So what do you say we skip the small talk and get to the interagation?" I grin, strolling past people with strange body morphs of different sizes until I reach a suitable candidate.

He seemed a little shorter in stature, two curved horns grew on either side of his head.

He looked almost like a little demon, though his expression was more like that of a traumatised child.

I crouch down with a grin.

"How about we start with you, hmm?" He grows even paler, now a stark white.

"No worries, we'll start simple... what's your name?" I hear gravel crunch as my emo classmate walks up behind me.

"We don't have time for this," he complains as he crouches down next to me. "Tell us everything or I'll freeze you to the point your cells die," he threatened, rasing an ice slicked hand up to the quivering man's face.

"T-that's not very heroic-!" The poor guy seemed on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, sorry about that, my partner here isn't the nucest one," I grinned, placing a hand on Todoroki's iced up shoulder.

"So its best to just tell us now!"

I lean in closer.

"Or else... I can't guarantee you'll make it out unscathed..."

"Hgh- GYAAAAH!!!"

The guy was that water tank in the the Flextape™ commercial, he spilled EVERYTHING.

And I mean everything.

Including what he had for lunch today.

Remind me to get my boots cleaned.

"Well," I speak as I finally get up, the blood flowing through my legs once more. "We should head back to the main square and see if our classmates need help," I crack my knuckles.

Todoroki nods and we continue our descent, leaving behind the army of trapped villains. Ome of which might have had a particularly wet pair of pants as of this moment...

Yet I can't quite shake the feeling that a certain seatmate of mine keeps stealing glances at me.

But everytime I glance back he seems to be looking anywhere else.

Weird...

Still, when I finally had time to think about it, it sure seemed as though the villains hadn't quite thought through where to put us.

'Or maybe they don't know our quirks...?'

"Hey Todoroki," I catch the attention of my Icyhot classmate as we slide down another slope, hoping to level with him a little. "Why did the villains place us here?" We took a small pause on a plateau. He gave me a look that urged me to continue.

"Placing two reccomendation students in the same area, not to mention with the most versatile quirks in the same area... That seems like too big of an oversight doesn't it?"

The boy places a hand over his chin in contemplation.

"I don't know about you but if I were a villain I would have made some effort to seperate us..."

"Not to mention..." I hesitated in telling him this but decided why the hell not? If he used it against me next time, it'd give me more chances to find ways to get over this achilles heel of mine.

"My quirk Manipulation, works by me contacting the item I wish to change." I walk over to a small rock, picking it up. "I alter it to my wishes by changing the pressure or chemical bonds in the substance by absorbing energy or inserting my own energy into it."

I give him the gist of how my quirk works as I tighten my hold on the rock, forming it into the sillouette of a tiny All Might figure.

Two fork prongs, a downwards pointing triangle and two twigs for legs, bam, All Might.

Not that I meant he had twigs for legs, that mans had better calf muscles than all the boys in Prince of Stride combined, just that his arms were so huge in comparison. Kinda like comparing Bokuto's juicy CAKE to Oikawa's carbon-dioxide, linear molecular geometry of 180°, door lookin ass.

-

-

-

What was I talking about again?

"However, this makes fire particularly tricky for me to handle." I toss the figure at Todoroki and he catches it. "For one I can't exactly touch it and its state is neither here nor there so I can't quite manipulate it either..." And that was without even going into how a fire takes in the oxygen from the air, causing concentrations and ratios in the air to go out of whack, making it hard for me to even use my cornerstone of support, air manipulation.

"So as a villain, if you knew about my quirk, wouldn't you have put me in the fire dome?"

I looked back up at Todoroki who seemed to somewhat catch what I meant.

"Even if they didn't think that far into it, just by knowing I have to touch something to change it, wouldn't putting me in the fire dome have made sense considering everything would be too hot to touch?"

"So they don't know our quirks..." He muttered.

"Seems like it..." I nod, once again starting us back towards the main square of the USJ.

"Well, whether this was overconfidence or an oversight, I do know one thing..." We share another glance.

"This gives us an advantage."

"Took the words right out of my mouth..."