Chapter 4: Kurapika is now drowning in an indescribable emptiness

We all gathered in front if the scoreboard. I knew I did relatively well so failing wasn't on my mind, I just hoped for the sake of the poor soul that did fail that Mr Aizawa was just bluffing.

The screen then flooded with our results, I found mine rather quickly. '3rd huh?' I eyed the two names above mine. 'Looks like I gotta watch out for Momo and Todoroki...whoever they are.'

I flicked my eyes to the familiar name beneath mine. 'ohhoh? Bakugou Boomboom Katsuki in 4th behind me? His poor ego...' I chuckled to myself before I saw Kaminari deflate beside me. I hurridly glanced at his ranking before turning to him. "I only got 17th...????" I could practically see mushrooms growing out of his head.

"Don't mind~" I chuckled, patting him on his back.

"Your quirk just isn't that suited for this test," that statement was fairly true, though I neglected to say that he could very well have just tampered with the equiptment to secure a win. Just give em a good zap and get the score.

"Yeah, I understand how you feel Kaminari," A cheery voice sounded from behind us.

"Kiri!" I greeted the redhead as he joined me in placing a hand on Kaminari's crouched form. "Hey," he smiled before pointing at his score. "I got ninth but only because I did well for all the stations where quirks aren't exactly usable..." He muttered sheepishly and I felt Kaminari somehow shrink more.

"Well if you're that worried," I direct my words at Kaminari. "You could always ask Kirishima to train you," I grin.

The redhead seems estatic at this suggestion, a wide toothy grin plastered across his face as he holds his hands out determined. "That's a great idea! You could start by joining me in my daily 500 sit up and 7km run routine!" He smiled happily, throwing out those terrifying values as though they were nothing.

Kaminari tenses under my hand then shoots up. "NO THANKS, I'M GOOD!"

We take a few seconds to laugh before reading the room.

Or well, the field.

It was like they'd just finished binging Bananafish, or Assassination Classroom...

The class was relatively silent,  most of them huddled around this guy with curly green hair.

He held his fist in his other hand. At this distance I could barely make out the purple bruising on his finger.

'does his quirk... hurt him...?'

I check the rankings.

'21st, Midoriya Izuku... A guy's name, so it's him?'

I frown.

I can't help the feeling that bubbles up in me.

It was a rather unfamiliar feeling yet I couldn't stop myself from walking over. I passed a Bakugou with an unreadable expression and Iida who looked sadly at Midoriya.

Just as I reached a hand out to Midoriya however...

-

-

-

"By the way, I was joking about the expulsion."

"Eh...?" The class answered homogenously.

"It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your quirk."

The tone.

The word choice.

The delivery.

THE DAMN CREEPY SMILE HE HAD ON HIS FACE AS HE SAID IT.

Pure humourous perfection.

So I did what anyone would do in that situation.

I laughed my ass off.

The hand I'd reached out towards Midoriya came hurtling back to me, now wrapped around my waist as I double over in laughter. I could hear the shocked response to Mr Aizawa's words from the class behind me.

It just made me laugh more.

I was wheezing, ugly snorting noises emitting from my lips as I cackled not unlike that of a certain hyena by the name of Kuroo.

I glanced up for a second, eyes glazed with tears and vould barely make out Midoriya's stunned face as he gasped.

"Eh...?"

-

"pfft- GAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA-" That sparked a whole new life in me.

"Of course it was, didn't you know?" A girl with black hair spoke, not that I paid much attention.

I was still marveling at the look of pure shock on Midoriya and his groups' face.

"U-uh...Yamada...?" Kaminari called from behind me but I was too far gone.

I flipped around and grabbed his shoulder to stabilise me.

"DID YOU SEE HIS FACE?!?!? BWAHAHAHAH-" I was basically chocking at this point, my throat and stomach was in crippling pain and yet I couldn't stop.

"Well that was a little suprising, huh?" Sero spoke up over my impressively loud wheezing.

"I'll take the challenge up anytime!" Kirishima added, holding up a fist.

Bakugou stood behind him, looking a little peeved.

In my state of pure high-ness, my brain flooded with serotonin, I remove my hand from Kaminari and hobble over to Bakugou. "H-hey..." I speak up, still trying to choke down fits of laughter. I hear Mr Aizawa ending off the class behind me.

I cough a couple times into my hand and straighten up, putting on the most serious face I can muster.

"Better luck next time, Blasty boy-"

Nope no good,

There I go.

"Pfft- HAHAHAHA-" I cackle.

I see the heat rise to Bakugou's face as Kirishima holds him back from blasting my face off. Kaminari puts a hand on my shoulder and pulls me away, still in a midst of a giggle fit.

As the four leave the field, they neglect to spot the two teachers who were obscued behind bushes.

"Is that him?" The number 1 hero asked his colleague. Aizawa looked up at him for an elaboration.

"Young Ryo-kun, was he that boy with the white hair?" All Might reiterates, casting his gaze over at the four boys who were reentering the school. Aizawa followed it, nodding slowly.

"I never expected a government guinea pig to act like that," Aizawa muttered. His words sounded harsh but they very much reflected what he thought. "They sent him here so I can restrain him if he goes out of line like some sort of muzzle."

"Well if he can laugh like that," All Might added in thoughtfully. "He might actually be able to enjoy his life here..."

The silence shared was mutual, filled with the sense of duty the two shared as teachers.

All Might shook himself out of it, getting back to his main topic. "Now regarding the expulsion threat-"