Chapter 72: CANNOT STOPPU TWINKLING.

The very same afternoon we were rushed back into the swing of things. With everyone working so hard on perfecting their ultimate skills it created a sense of normalcy I was pretty thankful for right now. Still I decided to lay off the offensive for now and started to work on a move better suited for rescue or passive situations.

I gleamed a bit of inspiration from the harness the pink-haired girl, who I now knew was called Hatsume, had given me. You see, it was made from tubing that contained a coolant with luminescent properties. The yellow glow of the liquid would only occur when powered by a blacklight but I kind of took its place as the power source. This allowed me to better dispose of excess energy when overheating while also providing a heat sink for me to garner energy from.

This was nothing too new but the real improvement was that now I was able to regulate and utilise higher amounts of energy.

This is because the liquid was also a decent conductor of electricity which would allow the liquid inside to spark and form these arcs of electricity which were meant to indicate the balance of energy in my body. A steady crackle meant all was well while no sparks or too many would mean I was too low or full of energy respectively. These sparks served as a way to release energy when simply giving off light would no longer be enough.

The new move I had in mind made use of this new piece of equipment to turn me into a human flare or flashbang depending on what I needed it for.

If I were to suddenly gain a lot of energy at once, say by absorbing the kinetic energy in gas molecules, the vest would utilise both conductive and luminescent properties to dispell as much energy as possible immediately. This would result in a sudden discharge of light and static electricity, essentially granting me the bright light of a bolt of lightning for roughly the same amount of time.

Thus it meant I could use this to temporarily blind enemies in a fight or even signal for help in a rescue operation.

Of course that was the easy part, the theory.

Having been in this pitch black concrete box for an hour or so, let me say that theory doesn't always work out flawlessly.

"UGH C'MON YA STUPID THING, WORK!" I holler as I try once more to no avail. By now I had just produced the light of an LED bulb, about what I ususally emmit with my old arm bands, which would be great if I was trying to stun a caveman.

I flop to the floor panting as my vest ebbs and wanes.

Then a rumbling spooks me to my feet. Peering out the vent hole I watch as Katsuki's AP Shot passes cleanly through a mountain of solid concrete. Not just that but everyone around me was working so earnestly, I mean could you blame me for getting all motivated?

"Well I can't let myself loose to anger issues now can I?" I mutter to myself as I sit cross-legged in the centre of the box. I held my hands out in front of me, feeling the cool air brush my skin. Relaxing into it I sort of feel my way through the blank space, closing my  eyes until suddenly the hairs on my arm stand upm.

'Light ya stupid shit stain-!'

The following series of events occurred within a span of under a second, yet it felt like time had stopped.

Seizing the feeling, I engage everything I can, almost shitting myelf as the energy physically shakes my hands.

Then, that searing pain that had seized my hands during the training camp came back, but just as sudden as it came it disappeared.

It left my hands numb, unfeeling for the next few milleseconds as mix of a gasp and a scream rips itself from my lungs.

Then my vision is bathed in white.

For a solid few seconds I can't tell whether i've opened my eyes or not with the amount of light that assaulted my eyelids.

Then my eyes snap open as my shoulder is shook. "Kiri...?" I question the redhead who seemed to be blinking away the blur from his eyes.

"It fucking worked didn't it?" I muttered in disbelief after a few moments passed.

"No shit it worked, fucker trying to blind us-" Katsuki's rambling is cut off as I smother him in a flying jump hug combo.

"YES!!! FINALLY!!!" I practically sobbed into his hair as I had my arms around his neck and legs wrapped around his waist, held up only by the grace of the bomb bomb boy who kindly supported my ass from the back. Though whether he did so out of instinct or actual choice was another story so I quickly leapt off him and ran to Kaminari.

"Did you see?!" I squealed as I clasped his hands in mine. Kaminari had that look of a someone who was torn between feeling pride for one's friend and wanting to insult them. "I couldn't not see it even if I tried." He thus expectedly delievered the quip riding the fence of his two aforementioned emotions.

"I'm fucking awesome, I'm-" "glowing...?"

"Why thank you kind-" "No I mean your hair," Kaminari looked astounded as he pointed over my shoulder. "It's literally glowing."

I grab my ponytail and sure enough, the ends of my hair seemed to warp into this plasma-like state, glowing a faint gold light.

"What the fu-"

Before I can finish I'm dragged out of the hall by the hand of one Mr Aizawa.