Chapter 20: Not a vibe...NOT A VIBEEE

"Why the heck are you all here?!"

'hmm?'

I glance up from my desk where I'd been daydreaming.

At the front of the class stood Uararaka and a few others, staring at something outside the door.

I jumped up and headed over to check out the situation.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked like the proper class prez he was.

I walked up to Kirishima and Kaminari. "Hey guys, what's going on?" I ask as I scan over the faces of students from other classes. Hell it seemed like there were even some from other courses.

"Yo Ryo," Kirishima flashed me a grin before turning back to the mob that baricaded our door. "I'm not too sure either... They just kinda appeared..." Kaminari nodded along.

"Their scouting out the competition you idiots..." Ah, the amazing Bakuhoe makes his entrance!

"We're the class that survived a real villain attack," he walked up to the crowd, unphazed by their numbers. I watched in a state of confliction between stopping whatever he was going to do to offend the angry mob and just watching the scene play out in amusement. I glanced over at the pair beside me with a raised brow but both of them just gave me a look that said they weren't quite willing to risk their lives to stop him.

"Welp...guess there's no helping it..." I murmur as I slowly approach the brewing conflict.

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras."

'ah... Too late...'

The crowd burst out in jeers and booing, no doubt because of Bakugou's less than friendly words.

'uh oh damage control, DAMAGE CONTROL!!!'

I grab Bakugou by the shoulder and wrap an arm around him, tugging him down. "Hey guys, sorry about that," I chuckle as Bakugou begins to fume in my arms. "My friend here has a bit of a temper issue so don't mind his coarse words!"

I could see the crowd's faces grow less angry and more confused. And I knew fully well why.

You see, Bakugou has never really been one for hugs of any kind. So clearly, grabbing him while calling out his anger issues would only serve to add fuel to the raging bushfire. So what I was trying to say was that he was now trying to blow my head off.

I managed to keep my damage at a minimum by condensing air particles around me but I still got a couple singed hairs and the end of my shirt was kind of smouldering.

"Now if you'll excuse us-" I try to brush past the crowd with Bakugou in tow before he completely burnt my clothes to a crisp but...

"So this is class 1A..." A purple haired guy with pretty severe eye bags stepped forward. "I heard you guys were impressive but you're just an ass." He muttered, glaring down at the angry Pomeranian in my grip. 'I'm getting some baaad juju from this guy...'

"Is everyone in the hero course delusional or just you?" I could feel Bakugou tense under my arm.

Hell, at that even I wouldn't risk my life. I quickly get off him, stepping a few paces back. I look up at the purple haired guy who kind of reminded me of an Aizawa junior. He had some kind of sinister look to him. 'Not a vibe...NOT A VIBEEE'

"I was sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs... But such is life," he stared straight at Bakugou. Was this the legendary, only ever seen in mangas, declaration of war?!?!?

"I didn't cut it the first time round but now I may have a chance..." He muttered, placing a hand over the back of his neck. "If any of us do well enough in the festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course."

'damn, I didn't know that...'

"Then they'll have to transfer people out to make room." His face was stoic but he sounded as though he was on the verge of laughing maniacally, like Gargamel in The Smurfs.

"Scouting out the competition? Maybe some of my peers are but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best I'll steal your spot right from under you." Damn, his words hit hard. I could practically feel the tension oozing from the class behind me. "Consider this a declaration of war."

'THERE IT IS!!!'

He paused for a bit and my big mouth just couldn't resist.

"If we gotta kick someone out I nominate Mineta!" I yell, a grin tugging at my lips as I glance back to check the reaction of the tiny grape boy.

My man's nearly exploded.

I couldn't tell what he was saying through his angry protests and snot covered face.

I nearly choked on my spit I laughed so hard.

Sighing I turn back to the mini Aizawa. "Lighten up man," I smile but the bitch in me can't help but issue a challenge of my own. "Let's all just do our best and have fun~" I tilted my head down to give the cockiest looking face I could.

"After all, I'm not too worried about you if you called the little speech just now a declaration of war," well, I came here to diffuse the situation but seems like I made it worse...

We had a tense staredown, Bakuhoe kind of just shoved out of the picture as the bou glared at me.

"HEY! I'M FROM CLASS 1B NEXT DOOR!" A loud voice echoed from a silver clad boy who seemingly just popped out from the crowd. "WE HEARD YOU FOUGHT SOME VILLAINS AND I CAME TO SEE IF THAT WAS TRUE! BUT YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF BRATS WHO THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN US!"

I looked away from the angry silver boy for a bit as I thought about something.

I turned back to Aizawa 2.0.

"Wait, does this mean we have a rivalry now?" I gasp as I snap my fingers.

I'd always wanted a rival!

I get to live my anime protagonist dream!!

The boy justs stared at me blankly.

"HEY DON'T IGNORE ME!"

Bakugou turned to leave and I took that as my cue to do the same.

"Wait guys! You can't just leave!" Kirishima sighed. "How was that supposed to be helping the situation? At least say something!" He groaned, staring at me.

I turned to the purple haired boy.

"Oh sorry, I never did ask your name huh?" I ignored the disappointment radiating from the rocky boy behind me as I looked expectantly at the Aizawa numero dos.

"Shinsou Hitoshi..." He seemed to ponder over something before adding on. "Yours?"

I grinned.

-

-

"Yamada Ryo."