Chapter 40: run bish RUUUUN

"Rescue training at ground Gamma?" I asked rather curiously as Momo nods. "Apparently it's to test our maneuverability, it's been set up as a race after all," Kirishima grinned and I hummed in reply.

"Didn't Mr Aizawa just say this? Do you ever listen?" Kaminari teased, tuning his radio. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same back. Before our childish bickering could go any further, Aizawa was queing the first team to start.

With a whistle blow, they were off.

The first team consisted of some of the best in terms of mobility. Sero used his tape like a discount Spiderman, Ojiro could use his tail to propell and balance him, Mina had he slime to skate on and Iida was basically Sonic.

The poor souls put up against them were Kirishima, Dumbki and, the poor soul who broke bones anytime he so muched as twitched, Midoriya.

But, I had to admit. After the whole hero killer incident, it seemed the internship had really helped Midoriya with controlling his quirk. There were quite a few times where he managed to use his quirk without snapping his shin backwards.

So needless to say, I was curious as to how he would approach this.

As expected, the duct tape Spiderman, Sero quickly took first place with his well matched quirk.

However...

-

-

"Woah! Midoriya is taking first place!" Kirishima cheered and I grinned.

The boy was hopping and boosting himself off every surface he could find, keeping his body as compact and low as he could. This gave him a lot more speed, placing an emphasis on distance than height.

A style that was rather familiar...

I heard Bakugou growl softlt beside me and I grinned.

Throwing an arm around the boy, I teased into his ear.

""That damn nerd copied my style!"" He threw me off him and glowered at me. "That's what you thought right?" I raise my hands up in a sign of surrender.

"YOU-!"

"You're surprisingly insecure aren't you...?" I mumble to myself and he freezes.

His eyes flick to the floor, a soft red on his cheeks from rage. Or maybe that was embarrassment?

"You don't have to be," I stuff my hands into my pants pockets, "your quirk might be flashy but its your hardwork that makes it so powerful." I grin and he turns his glare to me. "I mean even I wouldn't have thought about finetuning explosions to serve as propulsion or spinning it to give it more torque like in your Howitzer Blast-!"

"SHUT THE HELL UP! You're sounding like that shitty nerd!" He fumed, stomping away.

"Aww don't be like that you big tsundere-!"

As the pair continued yelling at each other, the rest of the class quickly found their attention shifting away from the race and more to the dynamic duo within their midst.

Momo and Tokoyami sighed at the scene while Jirou just shook her head. "It's a miracle he hasn't had his face blown off yet, gero" Tsuyu chirped while Hagakure chuckled.

___________

"Dang, I'm so jealous of people who can use their quirks for speed." Pikachu groaned, plopping onto the locker room bench.

"Yeah, I really have to work on my mobility," Kirishima sighed, pulling his shirt on. "Since all my quirk can do is turn me into a rock," he chuckled.

"Hey!" I stomp over and grab the shark-toothed boy's cheeks. "That's an extremely manly quirk, don't you ever self depricate," I scold and he laughs.

"Ok, ok, thanks Ryo," he chuckles and I follow suit, pulling my hero costume top off.

"Mobility isn't everything," Tokoyami chimes in, pulling his shirt over himself. "You can compensate in other areas"

Kirishima sounds in realisation and I nod along absentmindedly, noticing a rather distracted looking Midoriya.

I shuffle over and bump shoulders with him.

"What's with the long face? You'll get wrinkles like a certain boomboom boy," I warn, perhaps a little too loudly as said boomboom boy yelled in protest and stormed out of the room.

"-ahah, it's nothing," He laughed awkwardly after Bakugou left.

"Just... Uh- stressed over the term exams-! Yeah!"

-

-

-

'what a shit liar...'

"Oh speaking of!" Kirishima turned to me, shirt half buttoned, exposing those MANLY PECS. "Me and Bakubro were gonna study for the exams the next week or so, wanna join us?" He asked genrally.

"Pass, a bunch of us are headed to Yaomomo's place to study," Kaminari grinned and Sero nodded. "Uh I don't think Kacchan would like it if I went," Midoriya too excused himself with a chuckle.

"Guess its just me then!" I grin, retying my hair.

"Can't wait!"

-

-

-

'I regret EVERYTHING.'

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE?!" Bakugou scolded, thwapping me across the head with a rolled up magazine. "HOW MANY CARELESS MISTAKES HAVE YOU MADE ALREADY?!" He laments as he turns to Kirishima before repeating the proccess.

'well at least I have the concept down... Its just some conversion error....'

I grumbled under my breath as Bakugou finally sets down his weapon.

"MAKE SURE TO TAKE A REST, YOU BOYS HAVE BEEN AT IT ALL DAY!" A yell rather similar to Bakugou's, just in a higher pitch, echoed from downstairs. Bakugou shot to his feet and stomped to the door. "SHUT THE HELL UP OLD HAG!" He slammed the poor plank of wood against a cracking wood frame.

Clearly this was not the first case of violent door abuse.

Hello officer? Yes, that man right there!

"DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU BRAT!" The person, who I figured was Bakugou's mom, shrieked from downstairs.

'like mother like son I guess...'

I chuckled to myself under my breath and turned back to my paper.

"...c'mon, that's enough for today..." He mumbled softly, running a hand through his hair and shuffling to TV.

Kirishima and I shared a look before staring at the boy.

He turned around, holding two CD cases and notices our incredulous looks.

Instantly, a vein pops on his forehead.

"DON'T FUCKING LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! DO YOU WANT TO WORK ALL NIGHT?!"

-

-

-

Instantly, Kirishima and I rake the papers into our bags and sit criss crossed against Bakugou's bed.

"So-!" He frowned, holding up the two discs.

-

-

"Super Slasher Gorefest 2 or Bloody Chainsaw Massacre?"