Chapter 68: TodoKatsu frfr

(In case you can't tell this is Shoto and Katsuki's perspective of the previous chapter)

"I'll see you boys in a bit," Ryo sighed, an iron grip around the red feather that had just popped up and tickled the three of them awake. It wriggled as if painfully under his fist, the barbules crumpled and broken.

Shoto nodded and Katsuki grunted in response, both still sat on the bed, legs still tangled together.

"Be good~" the tanned boy gave a wink wonk before shutting the door behind him.

The boys sat in silence for a second before...

-

"WHAT'S YER FUCKING DEAL YA OVERSTUFFED PEACOCK-"

-

Then as the screeching faded away, the two were left together without their typical mediator.

"I was looking forward to spending the day together," Shoto finally spoke up, looking almost like a pining puppy as he looked miserably at the door.

Katsuki squinted, a mix of tsundere-like disgust at the boy's sap and, deep down, agreeing.

He looked away, only to look back seconds later to find the Icyhot boy still staring at the door. He ruffled his hair in annoyance before slamming that same hand into the sheets. "Goddamnit..." He grumbled, throwing himself out of bed.

It was early morning, not as early as the blonde would normally have awoken, but earlier than anyone with sound mind would have gotten up during a weekend.

He did a quick stretch, his joints popping with a satisfying crack.

He slipped on his flipflops, grabbing his phone and dorm keys.

Then he looked back at the boy still on his bed.

-

-

-

He was hugging that stupid stuffed chicken Ryo had brought in last night.

"STOP LOOKING LIKE A DAMN LOST CAT-!" Katsuki sighed as the boy merely looked at him, unbothered.

He lumbered over to the door, wrenching it open before looking back.

"I'm getting breakfast, come if you want." He mumbles before leaving the room, the door left open behind him.

He walked alone down the hall...

-

-

-

That was until a second pair of footsteps softly sounded from a few paces behind him.

The two boys made it to the lift, Katsuki holding down the open button until the duo-toned boy passed through the sliding doors. The lift slowly descended, a silence hanging in the air.

"Did you close my damn door?" The blonde muttered, leaning against the lift wall with his arms crossed.

Shoto nodded, yawning softly.

Katsuki huffs, satisfied with the answer and silence settles once more.

The doors slide open and the pair make their way to the common area. As expected, they seemed to be the first ones here, the lights still cold and the room still dim.

"I'm gonna make breakfast," Katsuki yawns as he lumbers over to the kitchen, desperate for the taste of bitter coffee on his tongue to wake him up.

Shoto nods, despite being out of sight of the blonde, as he settles onto one of the common room's various sofas. He rocked his head around to get rid of an annoying crook in his neck. He had half a mind to just get another bed to fit the three of them better for next time.

While thinking on how to solve the issue of a tiny bed fitting 3 boys over the height of 170cm, he flipped through channels on the TV before settling on a b-rated horror movie channel.

Cherry syrup blood was sprayed across a dirt path as a cliche, pre-recorded scream played, crackling as the camera panned out.

"Camp Massacre Gore Slasher? I fucking love that movie," Katsuki grinned, setting his coffee on the, fittingly named, coffee table and flopping back onto the sofa.

"It's so bad it's almost good," he snickered as an axe-weilding,  sack wearing maniac showed up on screen.

A brown-black ooze trickled down the side of the man as the final girl pulls out the knife she had used to harm him. She drops the knife, as expected, and runs deeper into the forest.

"It's making me hungry for soba..." Shoto mutters, Katsuki responding by looking at him almost bewildered.

"The guy's blood," he mumbles, pointing at the screen as it closes up on the wound of the serial killer.

"Looks like soba dipping sauce."

-

-

-

"That's fucking nasty," Katsuki tries to scowl but an unavoidable grin crawls up his face.

They continued watching till the end of the hour long movie, the banter dragging on even as the credits rolled.

"He's so fucking dumb it's almost funny when he di-"

-

*growl*

-

-

-

They stared blankly at each other.

"I'm hungry..." Todoroki looked almost deadpan as he looked down and placed a hand on his hollering stomach.

"So fucking troublesome," Katsuku rolls his eyes as he stands up, looking away from the boy to hide his attempts at stifling his smile.

"C'mon I'll cook something," The blonde sighs, finally over his giggle fit as he heads back into the kitchen, the duo-toned boy trailing behind him.

Needless to say it was, miraculously, a rather pleasant afternoon. The boys were getting along more than either would have ever though possible, Shoto as the calming ice to Katsuki's explosive fire.

As night crept by, the pair halted their coversation on how they would attain a bigger bed, the pitter patter of rain catching their attention.

"It's late," Shoto mumbles, gazing at how the golden streetlights outside warp with the streaking of raindrops down the window's glass. A chill that permeated hung in the air, causing the pair to share a shiver.

"If that bumpkin catches a cold and passes it to me I swear..." Katsuki mutters yet his words lack the bite he intended for.