Chapter 24: NARUTO RUNNNN

Yeah no we were screwed...

The booing wouldn't stop even as Bakugou finally left the stage.

"Without further ado, let us get started!" Midnight announced as the jeering finally let down. "Now here is the first game of the festival!" She waved towards a large screen that looked as though a slots machine was spinning on it.

Blurred words flew by for a couple seconds but eventually it stopped, the preliminary game being...

-

-

-

"AN OBSTACLE COURSE!" Midnight cheered loudly before announcing the rules.

I just caught onto the important bits.

'4 kilometers, don't leave the arena, use whatever means necessary to get through it.'

I recalled as we awaited the signal to begin.

'hmm... Which place should I come in? Maybe 10th...?'

I didn't exactly want to go all out in the prelims, plus I'd get to watch the top few grab at each other's ankles to get ahead.

Then the lights faded out.

"BEGIN!" Midnight yelled and we all set off.

I settled in a comfortable pace just behind Midoriya. I was never one for running so I'd probably switch to flying over most of the race.

But that sure didn't last long as the doorway became more and more congested. Before anyone could elbow me in the ribs I hopped up and sent myself flying above the rest, thanking God that the hallway had such a high ceiling.

Lucky I flew too as the second I reached the exit of the hallway, a large sheet of ice spread accross the floor, enrapturing most if not all of the contestants.

'seems like he's all going all out from the very start, huh?'

I continued to fly forward, hot on Todoroki's tail. Not that I was very far ahead either, Kirishima, Bakugou and Yaoyorozu among other familiar faces easily broke past Todoroki's ice trap.

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY SO EASILY, YOU ICYHOT BASTARD!!!!" I could hear Bakugou holler as he zoomed past me. 'icyhot! Why didn't I think of that?'

I grinned as I watched Bakugou chase down Todoroki.

Then, out of the blue, Mineta flew out above me.

"You think you're so good Todoroki but I've outsmarted you!" He yelled, completely unaware of the threat looming before him.

'should I warn him...?'

-

-

-

'naaaaahhhhh...'

"TAKE THIS, MY SPECIAL ATTAC-" The tiny pervert was interrupted with a metal claw to the face.

I turn back to the giant hunks of metal now blocking our way.

"It's those robots..." Midoriya muttered.

'so they've seen it before huh...?'

I glance down as more and more people were starting to reach where I'd been hovering.

'well it doesn't matter, I'd better get past this.'

I boosted myself forward, hopping onto platforms of condensed air to scale the large robot. I dodged a few swings aimed in my direction and just about passed the second robot when frost crept up it's side.