🦋 ˢᵗʳᵉˢˢᵉᵈ 🦋

Taehyung entered the hall room, where his father was working on his laptop.

"Dad I want to talk to you about something", Taehyung said in an enraged voice, image of Koo's fresh tears flashing in his mind.
"What is it young lad ? What has got you so infuriated ?", Daeshim asked his son, still focusing on his laptop.

"It's about Jungkook", Taehyung said and Daeshim snapped his head towards his son.
"Did you fuck up again ?", it has became a normal habit for the father-son duo to curse at each other.
"No dad. But the daughter of your 'good' friend did", Taehyung deadpanned, air quoting the word 'good', mocking Daeshim. Mr. Han, father of Isabel, only remembered Daeshim whenever his company would be in debt. Junghyun had warned Daeshim many times about Han's toxicity, but, Daeshim paid no heed to it. Mr. Han was nothing but a businessman to him.

"Did she do anything to Kookie ?", Daeshim asked.
"Yes", Taehyung scowled before uttering each and every thing Isabel had done to Jungkook, including the bullying in school.

Daeshim clenched his fist, and said with an enraged voice, "And YOU couldn't do anything ?! If you cannot protect Koo, then what are you with him for, then ?!"
"I had warned her hundred times. But she is a woman and her father is a friend of yours", Taehyung spat back at his father, which took the old man off guard.

It was true that Taehyung had always been like a shield for Koo. The little one was sensitive and pure-hearted. He could barely see the evil intention of people behind their good talks. There had been many people who hurted him and bullied him for many reasons. And safe to say, that all of them landed in the hospital, after Taehyung came to know about it. But the tiger hybrid had his protocols too. He had never raised his hand against a girl. He would ask them to apologise to Koo, and the latter, being the little angel he was, would always forgive them. But Isabel was getting on his nerves now. Once, Koo had brought a plushie to school so that he could donate it to the adoption centre nearby. And Taehyung had seen how Koo cried himself to sleep when one of their classmates kicked the plushie.

"Okay. Don't worry. I'll talk to her father", Daeshim sighed.
Taehyung nodded, and as he was about to leave the room,
"Taehyung", Daeshim called his son.
Taehyung turned back, and answered, "Yea ?"
"Happy Birthday", Daeshim said, smiling. "You're an adult now. You'll be getting out of the high school this year. And you'll be entering the college next year and joining the company soon. I wish you luck", Daeshim's formal tone earned a small nod from his son.

"Which stream do you want to chose, Taehyung ?", Daeshim asked, his tone changing into a grave one, now.
"Commerce", Taehyung muttered under his breath. He knew that he had take up his father's company and he grew up with that mentality too.

Daeshim nodded and again said; his tone, a bit homely now, "Listen son, don't think that I'm pressurising you. You know very well that I will support you no matter which ever career you want to pursue. So, don't be under a hurry to chose your dreams"
"I know father", Taehyung said, with his head hung low.

Daeshim understood by the word 'father', that his son needs some time by himself now. He dismissed Taehyung, lastly adding, "Don't worry. I'll talk with mr. Han and make sure Isabel never does such a thing to Koo"

Taehyung, with a pair tear clouded eyes, hurriedly exited the room, going towards his room, where his angel was waiting for him.

"Bu-oh mom", Taehyung quickly wiped his tears and greeted his mother with a smile. Hyuna noticed her son's tears, and got up from Taehyung's bed, walking towards her son, who was standing in the doorway of his room.

"Don't pressurise yourself Taehyung. I have faith in you", Hyuna pressed a small kiss on her son's forehead, and passing a sweet smile to Jungkook, exited Taehyung's room.