Chapter 14

"Bye mommy! Bye daddy!" Ella waved at them.

Emma said they had been fighting more lately so Ryan decided they needed a night alone together. I was more than happy to watch Ella overnight. I was also relieved that Emma wasn't actually falling for Ryan. We hadn't told anyone about the baby yet. I told Liam it was too early. In reality I just didn't want to come to terms with it yet. I told Emma and the god awful family dinner we had last night but no one else knows.

"It will be great practice for when we have the baby." He had said at breakfast this morning.

"We're having a sleepover!" Ella shrieked.
She ran to Liam and hugged him as soon as she saw him. She had been obsessed with him lately. It was kind of cute.

"We got all the snacks and games and all the movies you could imagine!" I smile at her.

She was a mini me of Emma. It was adorable. I would love to have a girl of my own. Chase and I always fantasized about when we would have kids. He wanted a boy first but I always said I wanted a girl first. I wanted 3 kids but he said 2 but I knew I'd win him over one day. I had just gotten off my birth control. We were going to start trying for kids after the wedding. The thought tore me up inside.

"Aunt Avery?" Ella was looking up at me with those big brown eyes and luscious locks.

"Yes sweetheart."
"Tag you're it!" She giggled.

I let out a laugh.
"Oh I'm gonna get you!" I run toward her.
"No tag backs!!" She giggles.
I lock eyes with Liam.
"Looks like you're next."  I grin.

"If you can keep up." He raises his eyebrow and grins.

He runs into the kitchen. He's on one side of the counter while I'm on the other.
"You can't get me." He sticks his tongue out playfully.

"Fine." I grin.

I run back to Ella and hatch my plan. She loves it.
"Uncle Liam! Where are you!" She giggles.
"Hiding from Aunt Avery! She's it." He laughs.

Ella runs into the kitchen. I peek in and watch Liam crouch down to her level.

"Aunt Avery's not it anymore you're it!" She lightly taps Liam's arm.

I bribed her with some candy if she would be it for a few seconds to make Liam it. She happily agreed.

"Oh you're gonna get it!" Liam says in a playful tone to me.

"Run Ella!" I laugh. She runs up the stairs.

I follow after her but Liam stops me before I even get to the second step.

"You're it." He teases.
I try to pull away but I trip so Liam ends up catching me. Are lips just a few inches away. I can feel the heat radiating from his face. We both stand there, neither daring to move. I pull away trying to let go of the moment. We were just having fun playing with Ella. We got ahead of ourselves that was all.

Liam's pov:
Having Ella there was the best. She was full of smiles and laughter. I watched Avery relax with Ella around. She couldn't stop smiling and laughing with Ella. I'm so glad Ryan and Emma let us have Ella for the night. Avery doesn't know but told Ryan that we were having a baby. I was just so excited I couldn't contain myself. Plus I told him I was struggling with Avery and how unhappy she was. He thought watching Ella would help. Boy has it. We almost kissed! She didn't make the move and I didn't want to scare her off but I could tell she was interested.

I was taking out the Dino chicken nuggets and French fries. Ella's favorite. I couldn't wait to do that with a baby of our own. Avery would melt when she saw that little baby in her arms. She would fall for me too. Everything would fall into place.

"Dinners ready!" I yell upstairs.

No answer. I decide to go upstairs instead.

The door to the future nursery is open. I could hear the laughter coming from the room.

"Where's Uncle Cwase Aunt Avery?"

I was about to interrupt. I felt sick at the mention of his name. I decided I wanted to hear how Avery would handle this.

"Well. You see we were supposed to be together but something happened."

"Like what?" I could her the curiosity in Ella's voice.

"Well we are kind of playing a game of hide and seek me and Uncle Chase. I'm hiding and he's going to seek me. He's going to find us Ella. Don't you worry." I can tell she is smiling.

How many fucking times do I have to tell her. Chase will never find her! She mentioned that name in front of our niece! Who does she think she is?! That name should never be used in this household. He took what belonged to me. He kept me away from my Avery! I knew I couldn't go in there and cause havoc. I had to wait until tomorrow. I couldn't yell in front of Ella.

Avery's pov:

"Dinner is ready."
I flinch. How long had he been there? Did he hear what I had to say about Chase? He would kill me if he knew.

If he knew anything he sure wasn't saying. He was great. Playing with Ella, making her laugh. He was happy. I close the door to her bedroom and head down the stairs. I just put her to bed.

Liam was sitting on the couch drinking a beer. I didn't like when he drank. Not after what happened.

"Hide and seek huh?" He takes a swig of his beer.
"What are you talking about?" I look at him confused.

Fuck. That's when I know.

"Cut the crap Avery. I heard you talking to Ella." His voice was angry.

"Why the fuck would you fill her head with lies?! Why the fuck were you talking about him?! I said to never mention his name! Why don't you listen!" He roars.

I step away from him. I can feel myself beginning to cry. Why am I crying. He's an asshole. It doesn't matter.

"God what else do I have to do! I already got you pregnant! What else do I have to do for you to know you're mine!" He bellows.

I run up the stairs crying. I hated that he did this to me. I hated that he made me feel this way. We were having fun today. I was actually relaxed around him. But I said one thing wrong and he goes off. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with him sometimes.

He always ruins everything. This is why you can't have nice things.

Had to get another chapter out for you guys!! You're all too sweet🥺what did ya think of this chapter?? And it's seem like you all are on team twins for the most part?? Do you like Liam and Avery together or do you like the fighting one day happy the next Avery and Liam? Lol. I hope you loved this chapter! Can't wait to hear your feedback 🤩