Chapter 33

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Emma was pregnant. Again. I felt sick. I felt like I could be sick. I knew this wasn't voluntary on her part. I know exactly what happened. Liam jumped up with excitement. Andrew said something but I couldn't even hear him. Liz got up and that's when things became more clear.

"Did Emma want this Ryan?" Her voice quivers.

Andrew hushes her in an angry tone.
"Why don't you ask her yourself." Ryan spits in an angry tone.

I watch his hand clench onto Emma's.
"Yes of course. I couldn't be happier." She grins.

I knew she was doing that for her sake and Ella's. I bet if she had said the wrong thing Ryan would have caused hell back home. Emma was protecting Ella. I was going to protect Emma.

"You are all so fucking sick! You're rapists! Liz did you really want Ryan and Liam?"

I was going to continue but Liam whisked me away. I tried to keep my feet planted but his grip was too strong.  He pulled me up the stairs and slammed the bedroom door shut. I was scared to say the least.

"You can stay in here the rest of the night and be alone on Christmas for all I care if you keep acting like this! That was disrespect to my family! You have gone too far! You do not talk about my family that way Avery. We were having such a good day. Why did you have to go and ruin it?!"

I hated him so much in that moment. He was sick. He always tried to find ways to fault me. It wasn't my fault it was always his. I had to bite my tongue on this. I didn't want to spend the night alone. I knew Emma needed me. I needed to see her. Even if I had to endure Liam's horrible family. I could do this.

"You're right. I'm so sorry for acting out like that. I guess it's just been nice having the attention on Wren and Liliah. I guess I just felt that they were stealing our thunder, you know?" I touch his arm.

I felt sick saying that. That was so far from the truth but I didn't know how else to cover my tracks.

"Aw I know Av. But hey this means they will have someone else to play with." He grins.

"Don't worry everyone is still excited for us." He smiles.

I give him a fake smile back.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you like that. I understand why you're upset babe." He squeezes my hand.

I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes.

Liam stayed close by me all night. After my little outburst. I think he will trying to protect me from Ryan or Andrew's evil wrath. At least he wasn't as evil as them. It was nice but starting to get annoying. I needed time with Emma. She would barley look at me all night. I didn't know what was going on with her.

She whispered something to Ryan and darted out the living room. This was my chance. Liam grabbed my hand but I pulled away.

"I'll be back, promise." I give him a small reassuring smile.

I heard the toilet flush in the bathroom. I knew she was in there so I waited outside the door for her. She opens the door and jumps in surprise.

"Jeez you scared me." She mumbles.
"Sorry. I've been trying to talk to you all night. I keep looking at you but you won't even make eye contact with me. I didn't know you were pregnant. I'm so sorry Emma. I promise we are going to make it out of here. He's not going to hurt you anymore. Listen I actually have a plan."

"Stop Avery just stop. Just because you want to escape doesn't mean I want to. You have no idea what happened. I did want this baby. Just because you aren't happy doesn't mean I'm not. I'm done trying to escape." She snaps.

"Where the hell is all this coming from?" I snap back.

"Because everything was perfectly fine! I was happy! Then you came and put ideas in my head!" She yells.

"I SAVED YOU! If it weren't for me or Chase we would've been stuck! You would've never met Evan! Or got Ella out of this terrible fucking hell!

"Because of you! Because of you and Liz wanting to escape on thanksgiving I didn't get to see my daughter for two fucking weeks! Because of my "stunt" he kept her from me. He used it as a punishment. I'm not risking not seeing Ella. She is the only god damn thing I have left." She is on the brink of tears.

I walked away toward the stairs. I had no reason to stay downstairs anymore. Emma and I had never fought. She looked so angry with me. I was trying to save us. I wasn't trying to put anyone in jeopardy. How could someone be so horrible? Keep a child away from their mother?

I didn't even realize I had been crying. God damn it. The only fucking person I had left I was fighting with. My luck. I was so angry at Emma. So angry at her for blaming me. So angry at this fucked up situation.

I heard a knock on the door.
"Go away Liam." I cry.

I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I couldn't bear to look at him.

"Avery honey it's me." Liz's voice was so calming.

She pops her head in the door and gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Liz." I cry.
She runs over to me and hugs me. I let my sobs come out. A mother's hug is just want I needed. Liz was like a mother to me. She might have raised two horrible children but that was not her doing.

"I know honey it's all going to be ok. I don't know what's going on but if you would like you can talk to me." She pats my back.

I confide in her. Tell her everything. That Emma yelled at me. Ryan keeping Ella from Emma. She nodded at me and listened. It felt so good to release all this anger I had built up.

"This isn't your fault at all Avery. Please don't think that it is. I think she is just overwhelmed with the pregnancy. I can imagine it might not be something she had wanted. She's under a lot of stress I can imagine. Unfortunately I see a lot of Andrew in Ryan. He has a side to him. Liam can be a bit better at times. I don't see as much of his father's blood in him than I do Ryan.  She doesn't want Ryan to keep Ella her the future baby away from her again. That's why she got so upset. It might be hard for you to think about know but those children become your life. You love them no matter what. They did no wrong to you. It was the father that did the wrong. That sweet child shouldn't be punished. I know you will love your babies unconditionally Avery. I know you'll do what it takes to protect them. You will be such an amazing mother." She squeezes my hand.

I wipe away the tears from my eyes.

"Let Emma come to you. I know this is hard honey. I'm here for you always. We might not see each other often but just know I'm here for you. I can't wait to meet your little ones." She smiles and looks at my belly.

"Wren and Liliah." I smile and hold my belly with pride for the first time looking at this a whole new way.

We never told anyone there names yet. Well I told Emma but other then that. I could see it in the future. Me, Chase, Wren and Liliah. Living life the way it's supposed to be. Nothing could go wrong, or could it?

Y'all I loved how this chapter turned out. I didn't expect it to go this direction but I'm glad it did. Pay close attention to this chapter😏there's a few hints or I guess you could say foreshadowing for future chapter or books?😉😉 how about Avery and Emma fighting?! That's a turn of events. But I hope you loved this chapter! It made me excited to write☺️