Chapter 43

Before I could scream he put a hand over my mouth.

"Shhhh relax I'm not going to hurt you. Just wanted to have a little chat with my sister in law." I could just make out the smirk on his face.

"I feel we don't talk enough. I feel we should change things don't you?"

I feel myself still struck with fear.

"Right?" His voice is growing angry.

I give him a slow nod. He takes his hand away and puts it back down toward his side.

"Where's Liam?!" I cry out.

He couldn't have known that Ryan was doing this. Liam was always there to protect me from him. Why wasn't he here now?

Liam's pov:
A few hours had past. I was still upset and angry about the fight Avery and I had. I pulled my phone out.

"I'm so fucking done Ryan I can't do this anymore. I'm going to turn myself in once she delivers. She almost killed herself tonight and every fucking thing I do is just wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong!" I yell into the phone.

I don't know why I called him. It was just an instinct. I was angry. I was upset. Broken. I needed someone to give me tough love. I knew Ryan would understand. He would be pissed off at me for letting Avery ruin me like this. He would yell at me, tell me to toughen up. What I needed to do.

"Jesus Christ Dude. Calm the hell down. I'll be over after we put Ella to bed. Don't go rogue." He snaps before he hangs up.

Avery had made her way upstairs. We hadn't talked since our fight but I made sure to keep my eye on her. I was worried of what could happen. She glared at me any time she noticed me staring. How did things get so bad? We were so happy at one point. How did we get here?

As the hours past I began to regret calling Ryan. I was just stressed. He couldn't help us though. This was something I needed to do on my own. I was about to text him that we solved things but I got a text saying he was at the door. Fuck.

I open it and Ryan looks angry.

"What the fuck dude." He snaps as I close the door behind me.

"Nothing. It's fine now. We fixed things." I lied.

"Cut the bullshit. I know your lying. What the hell happened that you decided you were ready to turn yourself in? Do you know how hard you worked to get her? All the fucking bullshit you've been through with her? Do you want to go back to jail? For life? Murder charges? Kidnapping? Do you want to be separated from your family? Do you really want to throw everything away?"

His words hit deep. Hard. He was right. I was going to throw it all away. For what? Avery was just having a little breakdown. She would be fine. God he was right.

"Fuck. You're right. I don't know there was just a lot Ryan. She really hates me. She's really unhappy."

"Well you can tell me about it over a drink." Ryan grins.

He was right. I needed a drink after this mess.

Ryan's pov:
"So this isn't the first time she's hurt herself?"

"No. She said she did it high school because of bullying and then the first time it almost happened I caught her. But this second time.... I found her. Bleeding out. It was bad Ryan."

"Mom came. To help.... you know she doesn't talk about it but I know stuff like this happened with her and dad. Dad was fuming mad it happened. He wanted to chat with Avery but I told him no. I just needed mom. So he sent her over on the boat. She helped... but then when she saw me she was just angry. She didn't want to see me. She still doesn't want to." Liam sighs.

I hated watching my brother in so much pain. Not after all he's worked for. He's been through hell and back for her. She doesn't even care. Emma was never this bad. I don't know why Avery gives him so much trouble.

Liam takes the last swig of his drink as I do the same. I take his cup from him and go into the kitchen to pour another. I take the little pill out of the bag and crush it up. I watch as it dissolves into the drink. Never thought I would be drugging my brother but it was for his own good. He would never let me talk to Avery alone. She needed to be punished. She hurt my brother. Caused him all this worry. The babies could've died. Selfish. That's what she was. He would fall asleep, Avery and I would have a little chat and everything would be fine. He will have no idea.

I give Liam his drink and watch as he takes a sip.

"I bet things will change soon Liam." I give him a nod.

"Really? Because right now they don't look that great."

"Trust me on this. I think it will."

Liam let's out a yawn.

"Huh. I just got so tired for some reason." He lets out a small laugh.

Good. Everything is falling perfectly into place.

"I think I'm going to call it a night. I'm so tired." I watch his eyelids flutter.

I give him a nod. He tries to stand up but falls. I quickly catch him.

"Why don't you just stay here for now."
"But I want to make sure Avery is ok." He mumbles.
"Don't worry about her. She will be just fine. Just fine." I grin.

He's passed out within a few seconds. Perfect. Time for my plan to hatch. I walked upstairs to their bedroom. It was dark. It took some time for my eyes to adjusted. I tip toed in and stood right over her.

"Hello there Avery." I have an evil grin plastered on my face.

I can make out the horror on her face. She's terrified. I quickly cover her mouth so that she doesn't scream. Not that Liam would wake up anyways.

She cried out for Liam. I laughed. She was afraid of me. She should be afraid of Liam. He should be instilling fear in her. If he wants things to work.

"He's downstairs. He was pretty tired so he fell asleep downstairs. Why don't we take a nice little walk on the beach. Have a nice little chat I grin."

"I'm not going anywhere with you! I want to see Liam."

The only time she wants him is when she needs protection. Not today Avery.

She tries to run to the door but I quickly stop her.
"Going somewhere?" I grin.

"What did you do to Liam?!" She yells.

"It's funny that you care about him now. When you can't have him."

"I'm not going to hurt you if that's what you're thinking. But we need to talk. If Liam won't do it then I will. If you know what's good for you then let's go. It's not up for debate. I'll drag you if I must." My irritation growing.

Avery's pov:
Why wasn't Liam here to protect me when I needed him most? He would never let Ryan do this. My whole body was filled with panic. I was terrified of Ryan. Why would Liam let this happen?

Ryan scared me. I knew I didn't have a choice. I didn't know what he would do if I refused, but I didn't want to find out.

If y'all didn't like Ryan before then you def will not like him now😂😅I really liked how this chapter turned out! Ngl have been having writers block lately... and I want the chapters to turn out perfect for you guys! Do you think that Avery will start to "behave" around Liam now??? Possibly fall for him? Do you think Avery will tell Liam? What did you guys think?! Comment and vote!!😊😊