Chapter 24

It was December 10th. I was officially 5 months pregnant. My belly was huge. It was hard to believe that two little ones were growing inside of me. It had been 2 weeks since everything had happened. A long two weeks of just me and Liam. I tried to ignore him. A lot. I didn't like how I felt towards him. There was a small part of me that enjoyed that kiss. I was trying to focus on how angry I was with him. It had been two weeks since I've seen Emma and Ella. It was terrible. Since we've been found we haven't spent that much time apart. We were just best friends. She understood everything that I was going through. We were there for each other. I wondered how she was doing. Was Ryan hurting her with Ella around?

The whole trying to ignore Liam thing usually never worked. He would not leave me alone. He was also trying to cuddle up together and kiss me. I hated it. But I loved it at the same time. What the hell was wrong with me?

Today I was in no mood to be chatty with Liam. I didn't want to play nice, I didn't want to play pretend. I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. I was 5 months pregnant. I hadn't seen my family, Chase since July. I feel like a terrible person. Over the past few months all this stress just caused me to think about other things. I didn't have much time to think about my loved ones. The thought of that killed me inside. I had wondered what Chase was doing at this moment.

Chase's pov;
It's December now. Still no fucking signs. The police are useless. They haven't found any leads. Robbie had vanished into thin air. I know he was part of it. That's why he just perfectly wedged himself in Avery and Emma's life. I can't believe I couldn't see that. Poor Avery. I miss her more than anything. Evan is upset too. He is trying just as hard to find Emma and Ella. He's lost without them. Just like I am lost without Avery. I'm going to find her. I'm going to kill him when I see him. Fool me one shame on you. Fool me twice, well shame on me. How could I have let this happen? I was supposed to protect her and be there for her always. I messed up I lost her. Now she had to pay the price because I couldn't protect her.

Avery's pov:
"So what do you want to do today?" Liam jumps into the bed and kisses my belly.

"I want to be left alone." I groan and throw the covers over my head.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." He mumbles.
"Fuck off." I snap back.

"Woah, woah. Knock it off Av." His voice is snappy.

"What? I don't want to do anything today but you don't leave me alone so why don't you!" I yell.

He sighs.
"I know what this is about." He nods.
I roll my eyes.

"You're 5 months pregnant today more than half way now." He gives me a small grin.

"I know you might be a little worried but things are going to go just fine. Doc is coming tomorrow and he will say the same thing love. Everything is going to be just fine." He rubs little circles on my bump.

"That's part of why I'm upset. Liam it's almost Christmas. You have no idea how hard it is to be away from my family."

I watch him grab a fistful of the sheets. I know that comment made him angry. "My family." He hates that. I love watching him fill with anger.

"Av, honey. I am your family now. Think about it we will have two little ones next year to spoil but for now I'll be spoiling just you, don't you worry." He winks.

"No Liam. You don't understand . You never will. You can play pretend family all you want. I'm not playing fucking house with you. You're not my family!" I yell at him.

He throws his fist into the bed.
"God! Why do you have to be so fucking stubborn!" He screams.

"ME?! I'm stubborn?? You're trying to fit two pieces of a puzzle together that clearly DON'T FIT! I don't know why you won't fucking except that!"

"My god Avery. It's always the same god damn thing with you. Ever since thanksgiving I swear you've changed. I don't know what's gotten into you anymore. I feel like we just fight every day. Worse than before. I can't keep doing this Av."

"Then stop! I don't want to be here anymore! I don't want to do this! Stop trying to fit our broken puzzle pieces together." I cry.

"You broke me Liam. You ruined me. You've taken everything from me. What more do you want." I sob.

I watch his face changer from anger to a soft gentle face. The caring, compassionate Liam is back.

"Shhh it's okay. I'm so sorry Avery. I don't want you to hurt. Let's work this out." He whispers into my ear. He wraps me into a hug and rubs up and down my back.

I left myself relax into his arms and cry. I didn't care what I felt with him anymore. I just needed comfort. Maybe this was his plan all alone. Separate us so I would be forced to come to him. I didn't care anymore. I just needed comfort.

After a few minutes of sobbing into his chest I relax. I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Stay here. I'll be right back." He smiles.

He runs into the bathroom and closes the door behind him. What is he planning?

He comes out a few minutes later with a smile on his face. He comes closer and puts his hand out for me to take.

"Come on." He grins.
He has filled the jacuzzi bathtub almost to the top with a bubble bath. I couldn't help but smile at his surprise. It was sweet. Just what I needed today.

"Take as long as you want. I'll be downstairs waiting for you." He wraps around from behind and kisses my shoulder. I sink into his arms.

I wrap myself in the bathrobe and head to the closet to change. The bath was much needed. Very relaxing. I was kind of excited to see Liam downstairs. I know I was angry with him this morning but his good deeds made me smile. It made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. I didn't care if it was sick to feel that way. I needed something good right now.

Liam was waiting downstairs with a mug of hot chocolate for me and he had Elf ready to play on the screen. One of my favorites.

He puts his arms out and I eagerly run over to him and hug him.

"You smell good." He smiles.
"So do you." I giggle.

Liam's pov:
"Thank you for all this." She mumbles.
"You don't have to thank me. I'm sorry Av. For the way I treated you. You have every right to be upset with me. You're going through a lot and I'm sorry."

I had been a total dick about everything. It had been two weeks since everything happened. She had every right to be upset today. I wasn't going to let her see Emma, that I was still firm on. But did I really need to pick a fight today? It was stupid. I should have just listened to her. She's just so stubborn sometimes and I don't have patience with her sometimes. She makes me loose my temper I can't help it. If I want us to be a real true family then I need to work on my anger and have more patience with her. I know she likes to test me sometimes. I can see it in those big blue eyes. I can't let her have that satisfaction. If I want her to come to me I need to start acting like a true gentlemen. I know that bubble bath eased her up. This movie day would help too. She actually hugged me and thanked me. I could see the twinkle in her eyes. I had made her happy. It was so nice to see her smile for once.

She was snuggled up next to me with her head on my shoulder.

"Hey. I've been meaning to talk to you about something it just slipped my mind."

She has a nervous look on her face.

"So Wren and Liliah huh?"

"Oh." She blushes. Her cheeks light up red as she sits up and looks at me.

Another chapter for you all bc I couldn't stay away☺️☺️😂 so does Liam like the names?? Is he actually going to start being nice or do we like the bad Liam?😏let me know you're thoughts!! Hope you're having a wonderful day💕💕