Chapter 30

Liam's pov:
I let out a groan and rubbed my head. I was lying on the couch with a blanket draped over me. I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom and grabbed some pain killers. I had a massive hangover. I was not feeling too hot. After gulping down the pain killers and head to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I needed food in my system. I hoped Avery would make her way down soon. I don't exactly remember what had happened last night. I might've blacked out.. I didn't mean to I was just so angry with her. It was wrong. I shouldn't have gone about it that way and I was definitely going to be paying for it. I had meant what I said about her delivering Wren and Liliah at the hospital. I wanted my family to be safe. Even if that meant taking the risk of having her go to the hospital. I hadn't actually talked to Dr. Evans about it but I knew it would be fine. The tricky thing will be timing. What if she goes into labor early? It takes a day to get the other side of the island where the hospital is. All questions we will have to ask during our next appointment. I had also been serious about her trying to escape once she got to the land. There would be wicked consequences. I warned her. My only hope is she will listen. 

I pull out my phone and call Ryan. 

"Hey what's up?" Ryan answers. 

I can hear the fits of laughter coming from Emma and Ella. I couldn't wait for that to be Av and I with Wren and Liliah.

"I was just thinking. Maybe it has been long enough since we have split them apart. Maybe you guys could come over? I do missing seeing Ella." I grin.

I can practically see Ryan rolling his eyes through the phone. 

"You're not going soft over there are you?" He groans.

"No. No, it's not that I just had thought it would maybe you know be nice." 

"After she deliberately left the house yesterday and came here to see Emma even though you told her no? Yeah I think you are going soft." 

He was right. I just felt bad about last night and I was hoping to make it up to Avery but he was right. She didn't listen to me and I can't reward her when she disobeyed me. 

"Have you talked to dad?" I change the subject. 

"He called yesterday asking how things were."

"Did you talk to mom?" I ask eagerly.

"Yeah. She is alright. Dad said they are working some things out. Whatever that means." 

"Hm." Is all I can manage to say.

"Ok. I gotta go. We are about to eat. Talk to you later." 

"Bye." I hang up the phone.

I still was thinking about the way I yelled at my mom that night. I never screamed at her before. Not like that at least. The words she had said to me when we came back. I couldn't seem to get them out of my head.

"She didn't raise us like that." 

I was a mama's boy growing up. Ryan was close to my dad. My dad never liked that I had taken interest. Not like Ryan did at least. When I told him I found someone I really loved his face lit up with excitement for me. As soon as I had told him it was Chase's girlfriend. That when he and Ryan began teaching me the ways. My mom looked so hurt. She begged me to leave Avery alone. She saw Avery at Chase's house when they were visiting. She had loved Chase so much. It broke her heart to know I was going to follow in Ryan and my dad's foot steps. I remember at dinner when she slammed her glass down and yelled at me. That it wasn't right. My dad dragged her up the stairs. Whatever happened upstairs, changed her. She was struck with fear. She never said a word about it again. Until the day after Thanksgiving. I never saw her like that. I am brought out of my thoughts when I can hear Avery making her way down the stairs.

"Good morning, I was just getting ready to make breakfast." I smile. 

She just gives me a nod.

I take her hands and and put them in mine. I pull her close to me and give her forehead a kiss. I can feel her resisting. 

"Listen, I just wanted to tell you I am sorry for last night. I am sorry for all the other nights. The drinking. I used it as a way to cope. Not that it is any excuse for what happened. I never meant to hurt you Avery. That night when we did it. It isn't how I wanted things to go. I was just tired of waiting. I thought things would change and when they didn't, I was angry. So I drank. Last night I was angry with you, so I drank. I realize now how much it has negatively affected you. I don't want to be like that. I want us to be happy. We have two little ones on the way. I need to be there for you, for them. I am so sorry Av. You don't have to forgive me just yet. You might harbor that anger forever. I just know deep down that you have a place in your heart that loves me. That is why I will never give up on us. You and me are forever. I know we will make things work. I think that once Wren and Liliah are born we will be a lot closer. Until then I am willing to do whatever I need to do to make you happy. I love you more than anything Av." I give her a hug and kiss her lips.

To my surprise she gives a small kiss back.

"Thank you Liam." She looks down at the ground. 

I knew things were still going to be rocky between us but I would do what I could to see that smile.

"I was thinking today we could spend the day finishing up their rooms? We can put the bassinets together too." I smile. 

I can see a small flicker of happiness in those beautiful eyes. 

"That would be great." She gives a small grin.

Just like that things were turning around. The ball was in her court now. What she did next, well I can't wait to find out.

Helloooooo my loves!! Long time no chapter I know I am sorry! I usually try to write a chapter a day but my schedule is beginning to pick up so it might be a bit more infrequent.  I will do my best to post as much as possible though! I loved that this chapter was just Liam's pov. It was different but I liked it!! They actually didn't fight?? They had a civil conversation?? What will Avery do next?! Hope you loved this chapter(: comment and vote!!