Chapter 41

Liam's pov:
Oh my god. How could I be such a fucking idiot. I left her alone. What if in that time something could have happened. I can't believe I left her.

"Avery?!" I yell as I run up the steps

God please be ok. It was just a few minutes. She would be ok right?

I run into the room and she's not lying on the bed. I rush to the bathroom door and try to open it. It locked. Fuck. Fuck, fuck fuck!

"AVERY OPEN THE DOOR!" I pound my fists against the door.

Still no answer. She could be hurt. I needed to save her. I slam open the door and hear the shower running. What if it was all a ploy? What if the shower is running and blood is dripping down the drain?

I throw open the shower curtain and Avery is in the middle of washing her hair.

Avery's pov:
"WHAT THE FUCK YOU CREEP!" I scream at him.

I instantly cover my body.

"YOU ALREADY RAPED ME! WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED FROM ME!" I cry.

"I WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU WEREN'T BLEEDING OUT! You locked the door! What else was I supposed to do?! I WAS SCARED AVERY!" He screams at me.

I begin to cry. I was already fragile enough as it was. Him yelling at me was just the icing on the cake. I didn't want him watching over my ever move just because I hurt myself. He turns the shower off and hurries over to get a towel. He tries to come near me.

"Stay away!" I cry.

"Avery please. I am only trying to help you."

"NO!" You only make everything worse!"

I almost slip from the shampoo residue. Liam catches hold off me. I try to break away from his grasp.

"Let me go!" I cry.

"Look at me Avery." He demands.

"At least give me a towel first." I snap.

He wraps the towel around my body.

I quickly move past but he grabs my good wrist.

"Leave me alone please!" I cry out.
"I hate you so much this is all your fault!!!" I slam my fists into his chest and continue to cry.

"I just want to go home. I don't want to be here anymore just let me die please." I continue to sob.

Liam tries to pull me closer into him.
"No! Leave me alone! I don't want to be near you!" I continue hitting him with my hand. He takes hold of it and looks at me.

"Avery. Hey. Look at me. I'm right here. Take a breath in and out."

I was hyperventilating and crying. I didn't want to look at him. I didn't even want to be near him. I sunk down onto the floor wrapped in my towel. Liam sunk down with me and rubbed my back up and down. I began to shiver. My hair was soaking wet and the towel was damp. My bandaged wrist was soaked as well.

"Come on let's get you dressed."

Liam got up and picked me up off the ground. He tried to take my wrist and lead the way but I pulled away from his grasp. I went to grab some clothes and changed in the closet.

Liam was waiting on the bed for me. He nodded at me insisting that I come sit with him. I bit my lip nervously. He holds up more gauze. I nod now understanding.

I sit next to him and he moves closer to me. He undoes the gauze and begins to unravel it. I look at my wrist in shock. The area is red with fresh cuts. I begin to cry. The tender cuts. I failed. I was still here. I couldn't look at them anymore. It was too much. It was his fault.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled at him.
He looked at me confused.

"Av I'm just fixing your bandage it's ok."
"NO! LOOK AT THESE! IT IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" I scream.

My head begins to spin. I begin to feel dizzy. I grab hold of my stomach and sit down. I want to scream the whole room is spinning. I was having an anxiety attack. Liam was a blur.

He quickly rushed in moments later with a glass of water.

"Here. Take this. You're ok Avery. Breathe in and out. Look at me. You're okay. Drink some water:"

He grabbed hold of my shoulders.

I did what he said breathes in and out. I suddenly began to feel relaxed as time had went on. Things felt ok. The anxiety went away. Then I felt tired. So very tired. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I looked at Liam. He looked at me and nodded.

"It's okay baby. You're okay now. You're here." He reassures me before I pass out.

"You're here." That was the problem Liam. I was still here. Still stuck in your sick world.

Liam's pov:
Looking at those fresh cuts. It killed me. She was trying to get away. Escape. I knew we could work things out. Everything would be okay. I wish she didn't see those cuts. She spiraled out of control. She was just beginning to calm down. I knew when she was having panic attacks. This one was bad. I didn't want to drug her. Truly I didn't. But she was so overwhelmed. Struck with panic. I didn't know what else to do. I just wanted to see her relax. I was only trying to help. That's all I ever did.

I called my dad and told him he could come get my mom. She didn't need to be here anymore. I didn't want her there to console Avery when she woke up. That was my job. If I was the only one there Avery would have to turn to me. Or I would force her. Clearly the silent treatment wouldn't work anymore. She had nearly killed herself. God I've never been so scared in my life. What would've happened if I didn't find her? I couldn't live life without her. How was I ever going to sleep? What if she tried again? And again?

Would this ever end?

Hellooooooo so sorry this took so long to get up but I hope y'all like this chapter! I like the way it turned out and I hope you do too☺️comment and vote!!!