Chapter 57

We both stop dead in our tracks. We both turn to the voice.

"What? Did you think I was the cops or something?" He grins.

It was only Ryan. Playing a really awful trick. Why would it have been Chase? It never is.

"I came to find you two. You seem to be taking your good old time and dad was getting pissed." Ryan rolls his eyes.

Liam gives me an evil glare.
"Hurry up." He snaps.

"I'm going as fast as I can." I plead.

"I'm still sore from surgery. Please stop yelling at me." I cry.

I was sore. It wasn't a total lie. Part of me was also trying to slow down in hopes Chase would come to my rescue.

He lets out a sigh but doesn't say anything. He hasn't been this angry with me in a long time. I forgot what this side of him was like.

Chase's pov:
"I'm not waiting around. These fucking cops just keep dicking around. We need to go look now. It could be too late for all we know." I tell Evan.

He gives me a nod. We both had our guns. I wasn't by myself this time either. I had backup. What could possibly go wrong?

Avery's pov:
We arrive to that god awful boat. I was terrified to see Andrew. I knew he would be beyond angry with me. I seemed to be causing trouble a lot for this family.

Liam practically drags me up the steps to the boat as I hesitate with every step.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!"

I jump out of surprise. Wren and Liliah begin to cry. Liam rolls his eyes and shoves Liliah into my arms. I let out tears of happiness. My sweet little baby.

Ryan and Liam push past me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! You made them cry!" Liam yells at Andrew.

"YOU'RE WIFE TOOK OFF WITH ELLA!" He screams to Ryan.

"WHY WEREN'T YOU WATCHING THEM?! WHAT THE FUCK!"

I begin to panic. They left without me. I needed to get away. What if we run out out of time? What if the boat takes off without them?

"It's her fault!" Andrew points his finger toward me.

"If she didn't say something at the fucking hospital we would have never been in this mess in the first place!" He screams at me.

I wait for Liam to protect me. To save me. But he doesn't. He just looks down at the ground. He didn't care what his family said about me anymore. He wasn't there to protect me.

"Come on! We need to find them!" Ryan yells.

"Go upstairs Avery. Now." Liam demands.

I give him a pleading look.

He waltz's over to me and pulls me into him.

"Do not disobey me. Not here. Not now." He snarls.

I quickly run up the stairs with the children in arms.

"We aren't going to be sitting ducks."

Damn it sure fucking feels like it. I begin to cry. I was stuck here. I was literally waiting for Liam to come back and lock me away. We would go somewhere else. Where no one else would find us. My fucking luck.