Chapter 28

Liam's pov:

I felt so much anger toward her. I couldn't believe how she acted. Things were going so well with us. It only lasted a day. It only ever lasted for a small amount of time. I was tired of this. I went through such great lengths for her. This is how to repayed me. This was all the fucking thanks I got.

In a parallel universe Avery and I would be together. Truly together and in love. I wouldn't be a criminal on the run or the one that had to kidnap her to get her to love me. I did so much for her. She never cared.

I drag her up the stairs into the bedroom. I drag her into the room and push her lightly so she is forced to sit on the bed.

"God Avery. What the fuck. I do so much for you. You have no idea what I do to protect you. You were about to marry Chase! He isn't right for you. He never was. I always am. That's why I swooped in on your wedding day to save you." I smile.

"SAVE ME?!" She cries.

I put my hand to her mouth.

"Stop. You do not speak. It is my turn to talk. Don't you dare say a word." I look deep into her eyes.

She gives me a nod with tears starting in her eyes.

"He isn't right for you baby. I am. We are perfect together. I know you were just confused. You thought it was Chase you wanted. Don't worry. I am not too upset anymore, now that I have you. I am the perfect one for you Avery. I am the only one for you. I broke out of prison to get back to you. I saved you from making one of the worst decisions of your life. Now we get to start our life together with our beautiful children. We have so much together. I saved you Avery. I always will."

I let out a breath.

"My god Liam. My fucking god." Is all she says.

I give her my heart and this is the thanks.

Avery's pov:

He is so sick. So sick in his head that he thinks this is all normal. I wanted to scream at him. Rip his head off. Instead I choose to take the high road. If I yell at him this will only make everything worse. Maybe just maybe if I am civil he will finally see it through my eyes. I need to place his game. I need to sink to his level no matter how bad it might hurt.

I let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Liam. You're right. Fate always brings us together somehow. I guess we are right for each other. I am just denying the inevitable at this point. I really should begin to except things. If I except things, Liam will you please take me to the hospital to deliver. Don't do it for me do it for our future together. You know the Dr. Evans said I might need a C-section.. if I do and we deliver here we could loose the babies. You know you could loose me too." I hope this is the convincing he finally needs.

"I know Avery! You don't need to remind me!" He snaps.

He paces angrily back and fourth. I wait to see what he will say.

"I just need to think about everything. You put me in a hard position here I hope you know that." He spits.

I cringed when he said those words. I put him in a "hard position." What the hell! I didn't do anything. He's the one that put us in this position! I never wanted kids! Ever! Not with him at least.

"Okay." I mumble.

He storms out of the room and slams the door behind him. I hear the lock click into place. He's got to be kidding. Please tell me my mind is just making things up.

I run to the door and try to twist the knob. Of course it is.
"LIAM!!!!" I pound my fists against the door.
"Please! Let me out Liam!!!!" I cry out.
I sink down tasting my defeat. I slam my head back against the door.

Liam's pov:
She bangs her fists and the door and yells. I sink down listening to her cries. It felt good to hear her cry. She put me through hell. She needed to understand. I loved her. I didn't want her to hurt but she needed some tough love from me right now. I know she would understand eventually.

I got up and walked downstairs. I needed a fucking drink. This had be a shit show. Today was supposed to be a good day. Not a bad one. I take a swig of the vodka. I pour some over ice and mix OJ into it. I take another swig of vodka before putting it away.

I didn't want Avery to die. Of course I didn't. Nor did I want to put Wren and Liliah in harms way. But how could I go to the hospital without being recognized? A disguise would still be too risky. I couldn't go to prison again. I couldn't just send Avery on her merry way to the hospital either. She would never come back. There had to be a way. To have a safe delivery.

A few drinks in I stumbled my way up the stairs. It was 8pm. Poor Avery hadn't eaten anything yet. I unlock the door and open it. She's sleeping. Still feeling some anger toward her I decide to head back downstairs. If she is hungry she can make her way down eventually.

Avery's pov:
I wake up from my cat nap and see the door was open. Huh I'm surprised he didn't wake me up. I make my way downstairs and there is a remanence of a frozen pizza. I take a slice and sit down in the kitchen. I can hear some sports game playing on the tv.

I hear a loud thud in the living room, I quickly run in.

"Liam?! What was that?!"
"Just a book that fell of the coffee table." He grins.

He stands up and makes his way over to me. He puts a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I'm still mad at you, know. But you're really beautiful, and pretty. I can't resist you for long." He tries to kiss me but lands on my cheek.

He reeked of alcohol. Of course. He was drunk. When he got angry this is where he turned. While I was locked in a fucking room he was getting drunk.

"Liam you're drunk." I snap.
"I know, I'm sorry baby. There was just so much on my mind." He tries to hug me but I move away.

"Save it for someone that cares." I roll my eyes.

"Well ok miss sassy pants. But I'll have you know I made a decision about everything."

Cliff hanger!!! Final guesses, will Liam have Avery go to the hospital? If so how do you think she will go without escaping or Liam being caught?🤔hope you enjoyed!! Can't wait to write the next chapter😊comment and vote!!