Chapter 56

"Liam please! I need to see them! They need their mother!" I pounded at the door.

"That's enough Avery!" He seethes.

"I just got them to fall asleep you need to lower your voice! Knock it off!" He yells at me quietly.

"Please Liam. Why are you being so cruel. Those are my children. I carried them for 9 months you can't take them from me." I cry.

"Why shouldn't I? You were going to do the same fucking thing to me Avery! But I'm at least being nicer than you were going to be! You planned to take them away from me for the rest of my life! This is the least you deserve!" He closes the door and locks me away again.

It had been days since I had held my precious children. I heard their cries, I pounded at the door. He was relentless. He left me completely by myself. He locked me away in a bedroom. He wouldn't even come see me. He come in to deliver food but that was all. He wouldn't even look at me or tell me how my sweet babies were.

I was heartbroken.

Nurse Pov:
I tossed and turned the next few nights. I felt like a zombie at work. I asked everyone if they thought that she was telling the truth. No one believe that it was the Avery Jennings that disappeared. So what if it looked like her they said? That girl is probably dead they would say. It was just some crazy girl who wound up at our hospital.

In my heart I just felt there was something more. I knew I needed to drive to the police station and confess about what I had seen.

Liam's pov:
I didn't feel bad for Avery. Not an ounce of sadness for her. I didn't care I really fucking didn't. She was going to do it to me so why not do it right back? I missed her though. I missed her like crazy. This is not how I wanted to start off our life with our children. We were supposed to be a big happy family not an angry separated one. Just a few more days I need her to understand the pain. The pain she was trying to put me through.

Wren and Liliah were two little bundles of joy. They were so perfect. They slept mostly. They cried here and there but after a diaper change and a bottle they were as happy as can be. They slept in the bassinet right next to our bed. I had locked Avery in the guest bedroom. Ryan was staying here with me helping me out. Twins are fun and all but they can be a lot on your own. I couldn't wait for Avery and I to raise the children together but I had a feeling Avery was going to be extremely difficult.

"Liam. Somethings wrong." Ryan comes rushing into the hallway.

"What do you mean??" I yell quietly.

"Detective is on the phone. He needs you, me and dad he has urgent information. Dad is on the way now."

What the fuck. What else can possibly go wrong?!

Avery's pov:
Liam comes bursting through the door. Breathless and angry. I shoot up. Wren and Liliah?! Are they okay??

"What's wrong?! Where is Wren and Liliah?!" I cry.
"We need to go now."
"What? What the hell are you talking about? Where is Wren and Liliah??" I yell still not moving.

"Can you HEAR? GET UP! We need to fucking move!" He yells back.

"I'm not fucking going anywhere with you until you tell me what the HELL IS GOING ON! WHERE ARE MY CHILDREN!"

He darts over toward me and slaps my cheek.

"When I tell you to do something you fucking do it!" He grits his teeth.

All the panic sunk into me. I didn't like when he was like this.

I still felt frozen, I couldn't move. He grabbed a tight hold of my wrist and pulled me up.

"Wren and Liliah are fine. They are sleeping." He snaps.

I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Pack your shit. I'll grab Wren and Liliah's things."

"What the hell are you talking about?! Where are we going?!"

I watch as he balls his fists and grits his teeth.

"SOME GOD DAMN NURSE BELIEVED YOUR DUMB STORY! NOW THEY ARE LOOKING FOR US! WE NEED TO GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" He screams.

I begin to cry happy tears. Someone did believe me. They were going to save us.

"You dumb bitch. God Avery. They aren't going to find you! Do you really think I'm just going to let us be sitting ducks so they can find us??! Did you really think your dumb plan would work?! You're pathetic. Get your shit. I'll deal with you later. I can't even look at you I'm so disgusted. I hope you know this is your fault. This just adds more time you won't see them. I hope you're proud of yourself."

I begin to cry. He was cruel. What happened to the love we had. The spark he had. The soft spot. It was gone. Liam wasn't their anymore. The devil had taken over.

"I'm not going!" I yell before he walks out.

He stops dead in his tracks.

"God Avery you want to play games now? Do you really think that is going to stop me? I could care less what you want."

He turns toward me and grabs hold of my chin forcing me to look into his devilish eyes.

"If you think for one fucking second I will let someone ruin this family you're dead wrong. They can die trying. You need to get over yourself because this is your life. Your fairytale ending won't happen. So get used to this one."

He walks away from me.

I drop the floor and cry. They had to find me. They needed to find me. I couldn't live this life anymore, I wanted my old one back.

Chase's pov:
"They are a dangerous group of people." Detective Williams said.

"We will need to divide and conquer the island. They could be anywhere." Another one chimed in.

"When are we going?! What if they already got spooked. What if they moved already. We need to move!" I exclaimed.

"Slow down. I know you want to find her. We are doing everything we can." Detective Williams reassures.

I was going to kill Liam with my bare hands when I saw him. He raped her. She carried his children into the world. I couldn't imagine the pain she has gone through. I refused to wait. I wanted to rescue my beautiful fiancé. I needed to know she was ok.

"We're going to steak out spots on the land at night so they don't see it coming." Detective Williams chimes in.

God I hope he's right.... I hope we find them. I need to find them. I need to find my family.

Avery's pov:
I know I needed to pack. I didn't want to be screamed at anymore. I had no fight left in me. I prayed they would find us before we were gone. My time was running short. Time was running out.

"Times up. Let's go Avery." He snaps.

My heart melts he's holding Wren and Liliah in his arms. I reach out to kiss him. To my surprise he lets me hold Wren. I let out tears of joy and kiss my sweet baby boy. Liam doesn't have time for our reunion he drags me away. I'm just lucky to even hold Wren. It had been days.

I didn't even know where we were going. I just prayed Chase would find me soon.

We run out of the house. I don't know where everyone else is. I'm in too much of a daze to care.

"STOP! DON'T YOU DARE GO ANYWHERE WITH THEM!"

My knight and shining armor did come after all but he had no back up. Chase survived no chance against Liam. I was fucked.

The next chapter is gonna be action PACKED! I hope you guys like the way this is going..... sorry if you don't but I just see it playing out this way and I want to go with my heart. There's going to be one more chapter and then the epilogue🥺🥺big sad 😭 I hope you all love this chapter!!! I love how it turned out!!! Comment and vote❤️❤️