Chapter 50

I fold up the letter and open the back of the picture frame on the desk. It was just some decorative piece so I knew he wouldn't ever find the letter. I didn't want to throw it out. I wanted Chase to see it one day. I don't know how he would but I really wanted him too. I don't think I'll ever see Chase again or my family which breaks my heart.

I turn the light off and shut the door behind me. I head upstairs for bed. I really hoped Liam wasn't up. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. My luck seems to be going in my favor. The lights are off and he doesn't make a move when I come in. What a relief. I head over to the window and look outside into the night sky.

"I miss you so much." I whisper out.

Maybe it will reach them. Maybe they will know how much I still love them and care for them. I wonder if my family and Chase saw me now, would they still love me? I bet they would try deprive me of Liam. Tell me I just had Stockholm syndrome. Which I very clearly did not. Liam and I were so in love. He might have done bad things but they were past us now. I was having his children. We had to be a family. Everything would be ok. I felt less upset since writing the letter. I felt a wave of relief. I looked at Liam he was sleeping peacefully. I can't help but smile. He looks so cute. It is still crazy to me how we are so in love. Not many people can say they fell in love with their kidnapper.

I climb into bed and leave a small kiss on his cheek. I snuggle up next to him. He's half asleep but he repositions himself so we can snuggle up together. I try to close my eyes but I don't feel tired. After what feels like forever of tossing and turning I decide to get up. It was getting harder and harder to fall asleep with my growing belly. I sit on the edge of the bed and think for a moment. Maybe some fresh air would do me well. Yeah. That sounded nice.

I grab a blanket and wrap it around myself and tip toe downstairs. I didn't want to wake Liam, he is was sleeping so peaceful.

Liam's pov:
My heart felt complete again when I felt her climb in bed with me. I fell asleep instantly.

I woke up and attempted to snuggle up closer with Avery. Her spot was empty. Instant panic went through my mind. Where was she?!

It's fine Liam. Relax. She's probably in the bathroom. But the bathroom was dark. She wouldn't have....

No. She wouldn't leave me. We were fine. Just a minor argument. I shoot out of bed.

"AVERY?!" I yell.

No answer. Fuck. I run down the steps as fast as I can.

"AVERY?!"

My heart was racing. This couldn't be happening. I look toward the porch and see the light on. I can see the silhouette of Avery's figure sitting in the chair. I pull open the glass door.

"Av what the hell!" I yell at her.

She still doesn't answer. I was starting to get really mad. I rush over to her and she is fast asleep. I feel my whole body relax. I give her a gentle nudge so I don't scare her.

"Hmm?" She mumbles out.

See you idiot! She was just outside. You just her now. She wasn't going anywhere. She was just outside. But why was she outside?

"Good lord Avery you scared the crap out of me. I reached over for you and you weren't there. I was worried about you."

A small smile makes its way to her face.

"I couldn't sleep. I thought some fresh air would do me well. Relax babe. You don't have to be so uptight." She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Yeah but you should've woken me up. I would have come out with you. In your condition you need to be careful. What if you had fallen?"

"Can I not be outside and have some peace and quiet to myself? I'm a grown women. I can do what I want. And do not use the pregnancy as an excuse Liam." She snaps.

I wanted so bad to be a normal couple, you know not having to lock the doors, not having to watch her 24/7 but again I kidnapped her. We still had that between us. I was not risking loosing her. I just didn't really know if she was 100% trustable yet.

Those words came into my mind.

"I miss you so much."

Focus Liam. You can trust her. You need to make her as happy as possible so she stops thinking about whoever it is.

"Come snuggle with me." I give her a little pouty face.

"Hmmmm I'll think about it." She giggles.

"Come on baby, come climb into the warm bed with me."

Before she can say anything I pull her up out of the chair.

"Wait! Come on look at the stars with me. It's so beautiful out here." She whines.

"Okay anything for you." I kiss her sweet lips.

I was relieved she wasn't mad at me anymore. We were happy together again. Nothing was in our way anymore from complete happiness.

"Hey Liam?" She let's go of my hand and looks up at me.

"Yes love?"

"Do you think that maybe one day we can get off this island? You know maybe travel somewhere with the kids...? I don't know I want them to see the world and everything it has to offer. I want to see the world too... I am so happy here with you don't get me wrong. But I really want to travel together and live our life's to the fullest."

She looks down at the ground. I know she's afraid of what I will say. I don't want to let her down.

"You know I think that it could be arranged. It would be nice to travel. Maybe you and I can just travel alone at one point too. Have my parents or Ryan and Emma watch the kids? You deserve to see the world and all that it has to offer. I would love to see it with you."

I smile at her.

I let out a sigh of relief when she smiles back at me. Of course it would have to be a good few years before we went anywhere. Her disappearance needs to die down first. People are still talking about it. I still check in on the local news.

Chase will not stop at anything to get her back. Unfortunately for Chase little does he know that Avery is in love with me.

I'm sorry if this chapter was a little lack luster but I plan for the next chapter to be BOMB, just need a little filler before we could get to it 😅 I think though I'm going to have to wrap this book up soon😭😭I think it's nearing the end which breaks my heart bc I have made such a connection with this characters lol. But! I hope you loved this chapter!! Comment and vote ❤️❤️