Chapter 49

Liam's pov:

"Avery wait up!"
She ran ahead of me into the house. We haven't fought in so long. I'm terrified that she will hate me again. I want to trust her and I do but how do I know this isn't all some sort of sick ploy? It doesn't seem like it but it didn't seem like it all those times before and it was. I didn't want to go back to the house and socialize anymore and I sure as hell didn't want her going by herself.

"Avery please that's not why I didn't want you going over there. Please just talk to me."

I caught up to her as she was stomping her way up the stairs.

"Then what the hell did you mean? After all this time you still don't trust me? I thought things had really changed. I thought you had changed! How are we supposed to raise a family together if you don't even trust me?! I don't want to love someone who doesn't trust me." She cries.

"Baby please just hear me out."

I pull her into my arms. She tries to resist but I don't budge.

"I just was afraid of you being there with Ryan.. you know you pissed him off pretty good. That's why I didn't want you going. I am sorry for telling Emma. That was something you wanted to tell her when you were ready. I just got worried she would ruin us. I just love you Av.. we have been so happy together."

"God I want to believe you so bad. Maybe you are telling the truth but it just seems too good to be true. At the end of the day I am still  the women you kidnapped. We both know it is true Liam. It is just the unspoken rule around here."

Her words were like a knife straight to my heart. It was the way we had meant. Our past. Something so big that couldn't be forgotten. She was right. I did still lock the doors and get worried she would try to leave. I think that's just the way things were meant for us. It broke my heart to know she still felt that way. All that progress we had made, in that moment it felt like square one all over again.

"Av, honey I-"

"Please just save it. There is nothing you can do or say. I just want to be alone. Please just respect that." She turns away from me.

"Okay... I love you. I guess I will head upstairs, will you be up?"

"Eventually." She mumbles.

I let out a sigh and sulked up the stairs. I knew I had to do this. If I respect her wishes everything will be fine in the morning. She still loved me. Everything was just fine.

Avery's pov:
I couldn't help but feel upset with Liam. I know he was lying straight through his teeth. Ryan wouldn't dare lay a hand on me. No matter how much he wanted to, Liam would kill him if he did. It hurt me to know that I had changed so much for him but he couldn't do the same for me. I know Emma is probably furious with me. My only other outlet here other than Liz and now it's gone. All because Liam had to say something. I don't care that he apologized I still feel angry at him.

Things were just going so well. I couldn't wait to come back home him and I and cuddle up. Think about our future together with Wren and Liliah. But now I just felt homesick more than anything. I just needed a moment alone from Liam. I wanted to be with him more than ever but I know we needed some time to think.

I decided it was finally time to write that letter to Chase. Maybe that's what was holding me back. I think I'll feel better after that. Then I can go snuggle up with Liam. Yeah. That will be perfect.

Liam's pov:
I tossed and turned in the bed. I couldn't fall asleep without her. I needed her. I hated that we were fighting. It just felt like old times and I didn't want it to be that way anymore. We were doing so well.

My phone vibrated. I had gotten a text from Ryan.

Ryan: what the fuck did you say to Emma? I found her upstairs crying and she won't tell me what happened.

I have to let out a laugh.

Liam: nothing worse than what you said to Avery.

I loved my brother but he could be an ass sometimes. I didn't say anything bad to Emma, not like Ryan did to Avery. I was just simply trying to protect my darling wife and I's relationship.

It was 10:30pm usually Avery is passed out by now. I really hope she comes up soon.

Another hour of tossing and turning passes and I finally hear the door open. I pretend I am sleeping.

I hear her let out a sigh. I don't feel the bed dip like I expect it to. I peek an eye open to see what she is doing. She is staring out into the window.

"I miss you so much." She sniffles.

Both my eyes went wide open.

Who did she miss? Why did she miss them? Was it Chase? She couldn't. She wouldn't.

Whoever she missed I needed to do everything in my power to keep making her happy. I can't let her miss whoever it is or think about them. No one can get in the way of our happiness.

Avery's pov:

I plop into the desk chair and pull out a pen and paper. I fiddle with the pen in my fingers. What are you suppose to say to the ex love of your life?

"Sorry I know we were supposed to get married but I fell in love with the man that kidnapped me and forced me to marry him and he raped me, but we are in love now."

It didn't sound too great. I let out a sigh and rub my temples.

"What to say, what to say." I mumble to myself.

After finally trying I finally figure out what to say.

Dear Chase,

I don't think you'll ever see this but I wanted you to know everything. You deserve to know the truth. You were an amazing boyfriend, fiancé and almost husband. I'll cherish our memories forever Chase. You were my first everything. I can never forget that. But it's time for us to part our ways. I'm pregnant with Liam's children. We are having twins. Wren and Liliah. I can't wait to meet them. I'll be due soon. Emma and Ella are doing just fine. Emma was supposed to have another baby but they had a miscarriage. You know, I didn't really ever think I would love Liam. It didn't mean to happen really... but I think I had convinced myself that was what needed to be done. I had to be a good mother and wife. Especially a good mother. I need to do what's best for them. I wanted to escape, but in the end I believe this is what is best for them. This was one of the hardest decisions for me Chase. I still love you more than anything. But Liam has a part of my heart too. I'll love you forever. Thank you for everything you've ever done for me.

Love always,

Avery

She better hide that note somewhere good so Liam doesn't find it!! My heart breaks for Chase😭 I really liked how this chapter turned out, I hope you guys loved it!!! I probably won't be updating for a bit going on a lil weekend trip🤪 comment and vote!!💕💕