6

1 Month Later

Nyla West

It's the day of my interview with the big company Louis informed me about. After the convincing and begging he did the first time this interview came up, I seemed to have decided on giving it a try pretty easily. Even though a part of me agreed just so Louis wouldn't nag me on about forever.

I'm still working at the same restaurant I've been at for the past five months, but haven't told my boss that there might be a chance of me leaving soon. I didn't exactly think that far ahead to quitting my current job because I know that there's a bigger possibility of me not getting hired for this new one. Sure, it seems like a great job that would give me a pay I've always dreamt of, but with a boring resume like mine, there's no way they'll accept me. I'm setting myself up for rejection, really.

Louis has been extremely adamant about this job, but I can't exactly blame him for his constant convincing because throughout this month I've had instances where I'd tell him that I'm not going to the interview. Insecurity took over me and my mind convinced me that I wouldn't be good enough for this job. But Louis made sure to push the doubt out of my head every time by praising me about almost everything I did. I appreciate the confidence he has in me, it makes up for the lack I have in myself.

"Hello? Earth to Nylaaa..." Louis says in a sing-song voice, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, sorry I zoned out." I apologize, leaving my thoughts to focus on myself in the full length mirror in front of me.

Louis invited himself over to my house today because he told me he couldn't miss the day of my interview. But I know he came just so he could choose my outfit and to make sure I don't show up in a black hoodie and leggings. He's spent around an hour getting me to try on different outfits which are a bit too over the top for my liking. Louis went through my closet, taking out the selected pieces I've bought over the years that have sat in my closet. Not having anything to do but work or stay home doesn't really allow you to dress up for anything.

"Louis, I'm not wearing a dress. I look so uncomfortable and not to mention I literally look like a rectangle." I turn to him sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Are you crazy? Can you not see how hot you look right now? You've got the most banging bod and you hide it engulfing yourself in baggy clothes!" Louis shakes his head, throwing his hands into the air.

"Oh, shut up." I playfully roll my eyes at him. "But why are we aiming to look hot? It's just an interview. I don't get why I can't wear a simple t-shirt and jeans."

"Because, you got to look the part as well as play it. If you show up in something simple, they might not take you seriously. Come on, get out of your comfort zone a little. It's just for today and it's for a special occasion, you're getting a new job!" Louis jumps on his feet to stand behind me, holding onto my shoulders while we both stare at the mirror in front of us.

"Nyla, look at you," he gestures his hands at me. "You're already gonna wow them with your amazing personality, so showing up in a cute dress like this will just impress them even more. Please, you know I don't fuck around when I compliment you, I really mean it, you look absolutely fucking beautiful." He squeezes my shoulders, giving me a big grin through the mirror.

I take a deep breath, giving myself a once over as I take in the light pastel green dress covered with small white flowers that ends right above my ankle. The v-shaped neckline makes my collarbones pop out, the pearl necklace Louis made me put on with gold hoop earrings compliment the dress as well. The short sleeves are flowy and the dress is tighter around my waist but gets more loose fitting past it. There's a slit on the side which starts at the bottom and almost reaches to the middle of my thigh, leaving my right leg mostly exposed.