31

Nyla West

Was it weird that I was currently staring at Harry sleeping? Yes, very weird actually, and I needed to stop watching him like a damn creep. But I couldn't seem to take my eyes off him.

I woke up barely ten minutes ago to the sunlight entering through the cracks between the drapes over the windows. We slept in this guest bedroom overnight accidentally, I'd been so tired last night I barely moved a muscle as I slept. But when my eyes first opened, I almost choked on a gasp as the side of Harry's face was the first thing I saw. I've never slept next to anyone before, let alone wake up next to one. So my instant reaction was to jump out of bed, though as my heart rate came down and I took a minute to realize where we were—which was still Niall's mansion—I rested my head back onto the pillow, selfishly allowing myself to look at Harry. Really look at him.

The space that was left between us last night stayed intact. Harry hadn't moved a muscle either, his arms crossed over his bare chest and hands curled into fists as he laid on his side. The comforter was pushed down past his stomach, his bare chest steadily rose and fell with every breath he sucked in through his nose. I glanced up to his face, his cheek squished into the pillow as his pink lips stay barely part, his eyes closed tightly as an indent occupies the space between his eyebrows, almost like he's frustrated or in pain. I wanted to brush my thumb against it, to help him relax, but I refrained from doing so once his throat vibrated a low groan, almost similar to a moan, signalling his consciousness slowly coming back from his sleep.

My eyes widened, not knowing whether I should honestly jump out of this bed like I originally planned, or stay put and pretend to be asleep, both of which I'd probably embarrass myself with. It seemed to be that my body didn't want to move a muscle though, leaving me stuck in this position, letting my eyes stay open as Harry slowly awakened.

I tried to act as normal as possible, my arms held tightly against my chest as Harry's hands uncurled from their fists and stretched his arms out by his sides. He let out a soft breath, finally fluttering his eyes open. Though I barely even met his eyes before his own went wide and he sucked in a sharp breath until he rolled over a bit too much away from me. It was almost as if he had read my mind, because before I knew it, he was the one jumping out of the bed.

And landed with a thump onto the floor.

"Harry—!"

"Jesus fuck!" He groaned from a place I had no sight in as my own eyes were pinned wide at the abrupt awakening he just had.

I lifted myself out of my lying position, the comforter having gone down with Harry. I kneeled on his side of the bed, looking down onto the floor where he was flat on his back, rubbing his eyes awake.

"What just happened? Are you okay?" I instantly ask, concern etched on my features. But I tried so hard not to smirk at the sight, I bit the inside of my cheek to try and contain my laughter.

"I'm fine." He muttered, but didn't meet my eyes just yet, keeping his palm over them.

I furrowed my brows, still looking down at him. "Then why'd you just toss yourself onto the floor?"

Harry huffed out a sigh, bringing his hand away from his face. "I, uh, just didn't expect to wake up to...you." He more so mumbled.

I squinted my eyes at him, moving to shuffle myself so I sat on the edge, my legs dangling off the bed next to him. "Jeez, I knew I looked bad in the morning, but I didn't think I looked bad enough to make you throw yourself off the bed." I chuckled, grinning at the way Harry's eyes went wide.

"What? No, no, that's not what I'm saying—I didn't mean—fuck, I swear, Ny—"

I threw my head back in a laugh, giggles leaving my lips at the guilty look on his face. I glanced down to see his brows further crease, this time in confusion. "Fuckin' laughing at me?" His jaw clenched, funnily still laying on the ground.