15

Nyla West

The minutes are quickly passing by until I have to go on this mysterious job with Harry.

The day went by with me still figuring out the basics of my job. I spent time entering information from the folders given to me by Sabrina, still having about two more to get to which I hope to finish later today. I surprisingly got the hang of it, entering the correct names and numbers to the correct spaces on my computer screen. It sounds simple but I make sure to read over every line of every page, which can get tiring. That took up a lot of my time, until a phone call made the work telephone on the corner of my desk start ringing.

Luckily Sabrina was still at her desk, and I had her help me through it. She showed me the correct buttons to forward the call to the specific levels in the building. The person on the other line needed to be forwarded to the billing department which was a simple task for me to do after Sabrina's help.

That was the only call I got today, the rest being spent on continuing to work through the numerous folders Sabrina kept gradually placing on my desk.

Lunch time came around and I took my break with Sabrina when she offered to eat with me. We sat on the floor in front of the large clear windows after we both got food from a sandwich shop across the street. There was a spacious area on our level where she led me to and we simply looked out to the view while eating our sandwiches. We talked for a bit until I headed back to my desk to finish off some more folders. I could have finished the last two, but this job is interrupting that, so they stay unfinished for now.

Which leads to now as I sit on my rolling chair, staring at the clock in the corner of my computer screen, waiting until it hits three so I can go to Harry's office. I found myself becoming quite curious on what happens on a typical job.

The clock finally strikes three, causing me to shut down my computer, grab my phone, and hurry to Harry's office door, knocking. As I suspected, he yells through and allows me in. I walk in to see Harry standing by his desk, rummaging through his things, slamming drawers open and closed.

"It's three." I say as he turns around so his back is now facing me. He opens drawers from the filing cabinet, like he's frantically searching for something.

"No shit." He bluntly replies. I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest, and suddenly not feeling so curious about this job anymore, realizing that I'll have to tolerate his god forsaken attitude.

I stay silent until he finally closes the drawers and turns around to face me. His hands fiddle behind him, but his desk is blocking most of my view to see what he's actually doing.

Harry brings his arms by his sides now. "Let's go." Walking over to his door, passing me without another word. I follow him right out and close his door shut.

We silently take the elevator down until the doors open again with me following Harry out. Walking through the lobby, I keep my eyes down, silently trailing behind Harry until he comes to an abrupt stop. I luckily stopped right before I could bump into his back and accidentally touch him, my heart stopped for a moment at the thought.

Taking a few steps back, I keep distance between us. His body stiffened for a moment before I realize he's talking to someone I can't get a full view of because Harry's height is in the way. I catch on to some parts of what they are talking about.

"I'm expecting you at the meeting tomorrow." A familiar voice spoke.

"I know, I'll be there like I always am." Recognizing Harry's voice saying that.

"Have you told her yet?"

"No of course not, you think a stupid brain like hers will be able to handle this shit so soon?" Harry grounded out.