38

Nyla West

Harry and I are walking down the busy shopping center, passing shops of all sorts. The heat of the sun blankets my skin in warmth, the sky clear and blue. I stopped looking at the sky and turned to glance at Harry next to me who was a complete opposite of the beautiful day. I looked away from him but only after I sent him a smile to which he scoffed at and walked further away from me, opening the door to a store. I quickly followed him in.

"Alright, so what do you usually shop for?" I asked while walking beside him through the clothing store. I didn't know the name of it, but everything looked so pretty. All the clothes here were bland and neutral colors, but that's Harry for you. Plus, I already saw things I liked.

"Are we just gonna keep walking or..." I tilted my head to look at him.

"You're not buying me shit, West. You're poor." He muttered, turning into an aisle of t-shirts.

"Could you stop being so stubborn and just let me buy you stuff?" I said while getting slightly distracted and sifting through the cute shirts here. But I stopped looking through stuff and I squinted at Harry who was leaning against the wall and smirking at me. "Did you just call me poor?"

"Yep." He gave me a fake smile only for a second before letting it drop.

I rolled my eyes but turned and picked up a plain black shirt, holding it up to display it for Harry. "How about this? I know you already have like twenty of these but this can be a new one for your weird collection!"

"No."

"Seriously?" I dropped my arms to my sides, still holding the shirt in my hand. "Well, I'm getting it for you and you're gonna wear it." I swiftly turned around but I didn't even take two steps before my wrist was grabbed.

I was turned around by Harry, facing him until he yanked the shirt out of my hand and tossed it over a shelf. I parted my lips to speak but he simply took out the hanger of the shirt I was looking at for myself and held it out to me.

"You like this, yeah?" He asked impatiently.

"Um, yes but—"

Harry left me.

He turned around and walked off towards the cashier and I panicked so I grabbed his plain black shirt too and speed walked towards him.

"Harry!" I whisper-shouted, trying not to cause a scene but I was practically running past the couple other people in line. "Sorry, sorry." I mumbled to some people I accidentally bumped shoulders with.

"That'll be $15.99." The lady at the cash register said right as I approached them and slid over the black shirt to her as well. She gave me a confused look and was about to speak but I cut her off.

"I'm with him." I smiled and pulled my card out.

"Sadly." Harry muttered to which I swatted his arm lightly.

The lady glanced between Harry and I weirdly until she nodded. "Okay, so this one too?" She held up the black shirt.

"Yes, please." I nodded at the same time Harry said, "No."

I looked at him with a clenched jaw before looking back at the lady, "Yes, I want that. Scan it, please."

She gave us an awkward look, glancing at Harry like she was waiting for his approval too. "Yeah, whatever, add it." He mumbled.

I grinned as she scanned it and spoke our total. "$35.63."

But of course right when I try inserting my card, Harry shoves me away. "Stop it right now, Harry. I'm being serious." I glared at him and pushed his hip to move him away.