19

Nyla West

A faint ringing seems to be the reason my sleep comes to an end. With my eyes still shut and squeezed tight to block out the brightness of the room, I groan in need of a deep stretch. I roll to lay on my back, my arms coming above my head as I reach into the air to stretch my muscles out, doing the same to my legs but on the other opposite end of the bed. The ringing hasn't stopped yet, making me frustratingly force my eyes open. A rapid set of blinks are needed in order to refocus my vision and adjust to the brightness of the room. I'm met with a white ceiling.

A long yawn escapes my lips as I turn my head to find where the ringing is coming from, it must be my phone's alarm. My head turns to see the majority of the bed not touched and the pillows still made, I must've fallen asleep in this position, sideways at the bottom of the bed instead of on the pillows at the top.

My hand taps around the comforter trying to feel for my phone. I finally feel it, grabbing the device and squinting at the bright screen to turn the alarm off. My phone falls back down next to me and I sigh once the ringing has stopped- only it didn't. There was still another alarm ringing and I groan in frustration.

I lift my torso up, resting my weight on my elbows in search for where the ringing is still coming from. I try shielding my tired eyes from the light with the back of my hand as I throw my legs off the foot of the bed to stand up-

"Ow!"

A loud whine coming from the floor was enough to shock me fully awake, causing a squeal to come out of my mouth and my legs jump back onto the bed. I quickly look down to see none other than Harry laying on his back sprawled on the white rug.

"Harry?" I question with wide eyes.

Only a muffled grunt comes from him, making me realize that I stepped on his stomach when I see his hand holding it.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I'm quick to apologize, hopping off the bed and over Harry's body so I could kneel next to him on the rug. "Are you alright?" I ask warily, looking at his pain contorted face.

"Well you did just fucking step on me, so no. I'm not alright." He mumbles with his eyes still closed.

"I'm sorry I stepped on you, I didn't see-" I'm mid sentence when I realized that I touched him, my eyes only going wider. "I touched you. Harry, oh god I'm sorry. I swear I didn't do it on purpose, I just didn't see you on the floor I'm sorry again, I-"

Harry opened his eyes, sitting up and resting his weight on one arm behind him as his other held onto his torso. "Shut up. Just shut up." He muttered.

My chest panted with guilt, he's mad at me. I messed up bad. "Please don't be mad, I really am sorry." I pleaded.

He shakes his head, running a hand down his face. "No, no. Too loud, everything fucking hurts." He groans and tries getting up.

Oh, so he's not mad at me. I discreetly let out a relieved breath.

Harry moves his body slowly until his back rests against the front of the bed and his legs lay straight out in front of him. "Turn that shit off." He refers to the ringing.

"I think it's your phone."

"Then turn it the fuck off." He sternly repeats again, rubbing a hand down his face. His voice is raspy and deeper than usual.

I take that as permission to grab his phone off the rug and turn off the alarm on the screen. Harry hums at the silence and rests his head back, closing his eyes again. I can't help but stare at him while sitting on my knees next to his legs, a small chuckle leaves me before I could stop it.