26

Trigger Warning: Physical Abuse

Harry Styles

12 Years Ago

Mum got me a toy today.

She surprised me with a truck when she came back from the store. It's blue and it's a garbage truck. I had a lot of toys to play with but this one is my new favorite. It makes a beeping noise when I press the button on the back, a sound of a garbage truck backing up.

I smile and roll around my new toy in the living room. I sit in the corner of the floor, Mum always tells me to keep my toys in one place, she tells me to stay in this corner when I play too.

"Let's get the garbage from the kitchen." I say to truck. I like talking to my trucks. Mum sometimes talks to me, but not all the time. Father doesn't like talking to me.

I look around the living room, I'm alone and it's quiet, they must be upstairs. I want to sneak my toy to the kitchen to play there.

I roll my garbage truck on the floor, I take it with me while I crawl on my knees to the kitchen. I make truck noises with my mouth, giggling to myself. I'm in the kitchen now, the floor is smooth and my truck rolls better on it.

I go near the sink. I sit on the floor keeping my truck in the middle of my legs. There is lots of space, a long drive my truck can take down to where the fridge is. I hold it and use both my hands to push it. It rolls all the way down and hits the bottom of the fridge, I laugh, I like how fast it went. I want to race my favorite truck with another one.

I hurry up and stand so I can run back to my toys in the living room. I want my red car, this one was fast too. I pull open the bins Mum gave me to put my toys in. I can't find my red car, I look through all my bins, I want to play with it-

"Son of a bitch!"

I hear yelling from the kitchen. Father. I don't move, he only yells like that when he's very mad. Now I'm scared.

"Harry!" I turn around away from my toys and see Father walking fast to me. I see what's in his hand. My new garbage truck.

I scoot away, he will punish me, I'm going to be hurting again. I don't want to hurt, I just got better.

"You made me twist my ankle on your fucking toy!" I shake when he yells at me, his voice is loud. "Why was this in the kitchen?! You are not allowed to play there!"

"I'm sorry." I feel like I can't breathe. I don't want him to be mad at me all the time. It was a mistake.

"I don't want your fucking sorry. Get up!"

No, no, I am getting punished. I shake my head, scooting into the corner of the floor. But Father gets more mad, he says bad words to me and grabs me by my shirt. "No! Father, I said I was sorry!" I scream. He holds me by my shirt, dragging me into the kitchen.

"I told that bitch to stop getting you stupid toys. You leave them everywhere!" He screams.

"Don't touch me!" I try taking his hand off my shirt. But he's stronger, he will always be stronger than me. Father throws me to the floor. I feel pain on my shoulder, he will make me feel more pain soon.

"Was this worth it?" Father holds up my new toy.

I don't want him to break it, Mum just got that for me. "I'm sorry. Please don't break it." I have to remember to breathe, my chest hurts.

"You don't fucking deserve it! You ruin everything, Harry!" I watch Father throw my truck against the floor very hard. I feel sad when I see it break into pieces, it makes the beeping sound but it stops after it is broken. I feel the water in my eyes.