22

Harry Styles

The amount of time I've been staring at Nyla is far past the point of creepy.

But I couldn't help it. My eyes have been locked on her for who knows how long as I lay in the same position on the floor with my head turned to look at her.

She sleeps on her side, her hands tucked under her head as her steady breaths leaves her slightly parted lips, the breaths so quiet that I only hear it because of the silence surrounding us. I've had a clear view of her face that could be described as peaceful. A multitude of thoughts crossed my mind as I observed her. I found myself thinking about the entire day that led me here.

I had left work after the initiation meeting for Nyla, wanting to get a couple hours to myself. What she had done shocked me to say the least; handing me the bag of food Mum usually makes me. I wondered if Nyla knew she had been speaking to my mother at her coffee shop. I'd assume she made small talk with my mother more than once since I saw Nyla holding a coffee cup with the cafe logo on it a couple days ago. But then again Nyla didn't say anything that could hint at her possibly knowing.

When Father told me to pick it up today, I already made up my mind that I wouldn't see Mum's face again, at least for right now. Everytime I did see her, it only made me feel worse about myself, I didn't need the pity food and I especially didn't feel like cursing her out just so I'd make sure I didn't show an ounce of care. Father does it on purpose, he knows Mum is my weak spot yet forced me to see her just so he could be right, I'd never understand the way his sick mind works. I dreaded the punishment I was going to get since I planned on not going to the cafe. That was until Nyla showed up to my office with a brown bag that had Mum's cafe logo on front of it. I knew exactly what it was.

The fact that Nyla eavesdropped on Father and I's conversation wasn't even on my mind when she placed the bag on my desk. It's the fact she heard the word punishment, probably then my decline to go, and she took things into her own hands, which shocked me. I was confused at first and most of all curious as to why she would do such a nice act for me when all I am is a bitch to her.

Until I remembered she wasn't at her desk when I walked into my office. She was late, and that had her last chance taken. She was finally going to get fired and her face showed that she knew it too. She even told me she was sorry for being late. I was going to scold her for stupidly being late and using her last chance to stay at this company. I was going to tell her harsh words because I was mad at Father for this move , I'd take it out on her, and then I was finally going to get rid of her.

But when I realized why she was late, I couldn't make the phone call to Father and let him know. My hand hovered over his contact, my mind went back and forth on whether or not I should just do it. And in a quick decision, I said fuck it and I shut off my phone, not calling my father.

Then came the initiation meeting and with those couple hours prior, I had time to think. Was I appreciative towards Nyla for saving me a punishment? Sure. But was I going to verbalize that and act nice all of a sudden? Absolutely not. She eavesdropped, she made her choice, acted on it, and saved me a punishment. That was all. If she thought this would change anything between us, she was utterly mistaken.

With the initiation meeting ending, I took off, heading to Niall's place for a while knowing I couldn't even go to my own fucking penthouse since she'd be there in an hour or two. I needed time alone.

4:00 pm then passed, meaning she was out of work and heading back to my place. I drove back to work since she wouldn't be there, deciding on finishing up some paperwork on jobs I'd have to complete. I expected the folders Nyla had completed to be on my desk, but I hadn't found any. So after spending a couple hours at work, I drove back to my place to yell at her for it.