44

Nyla West

I might die today.

It's a thought that's been on a constant repeat in my head. But I don't want to call myself dramatic because it's a possibility. It's been a possibility and a large one at that since the second this "plan" was first talked about.

I've been so distracted with everything that's been going on. Harry being the one that's taken up most of it. I haven't had time to actually sit down and think about what I'm walking into tonight at the Pier.

Sydney is fucking crazy, I know that. Which is why I'm afraid of finding out what's to come. I now understand why Zayn was so adamant about keeping no me safe. It's because I might actually die today at 7pm.

It's not something I even want to think about, but I was forced to. Along with another thought, what has my life come to? And, I should have never let Louis convince me to apply for this goddamn job.

I don't even know what to think anymore, I'm so tired. Thankfully my mind went blank on the drive back to my mother's house. But not blank enough since I've been fully aware of the sleek black car that's followed me from behind the whole way to my mother's house.

Harry was...confusing me to say the least. I fully hated him this morning, I was absolutely livid. But as the day progressed, he did that thing he tried doing last night when I was drunk, acting like he cared about me and my feelings. I couldn't stop myself from letting go of the tension that surrounded us.

I don't forgive him and he knows that, not yet anyway. With the way I've been treated during my time living with him and working at Desmond's company with Harry as my boss, I won't let things slide anymore. Especially when he came that close to literally killing me.

But I can say Harry's made improvement...and I hate it. I don't hate that he's becoming nicer to me, it's because he's become nicer to me when I'm supposed to be mad at him. And it's pretty darn hard to stay mad at that playful smile and little waves he's currently sending me from across the road in his car.

We made it to my mom's house and Harry stayed true to my wishes and parked a bit further away so my mother didn't see him. I don't need her asking questions I can't handle like she did last time.

I bite the inside of my cheek when I couldn't contain my lips urge to grin back at him. I suffice with a quick wave and I'm forcing myself to turn to the door and unlock it with my key. I can't back out now, not when there's a good chance I might die tonight. So with that courage, I open the door to my mother's house and walk in.

"Nyla? Is that you?" I'm immediately greeted by the worried tone from my mother.

"Yeah." I call out and stick my keys into my pocket while I walk into the living room. I almost laugh when the worried tone my mother gave me completely contradicts the way she's casually laying on the couch with none other than beer bottles of course. Suddenly I wasn't surprised she couldn't stay sober.

I find myself standing in the entryway of the living room, staring at my so-called mother sitting on her ass acting like she cares about where I've been for this long. She's munching on some chips when her eyes finally drag from the television in front of her to then my eyes.

"You look like shit." She comments, looking me up and down.

My neck still has some marks on it, though covered with the makeup I wore to work. But since I put my hair up they're a bit more visible. I'm sure I have eye bags from the lack of sleep I got last night from the uncomfortable feeling in my neck. Combined with my paler than usual skin from puking everything I have this morning. But I didn't take anything she says to heart because honestly, I'm fucking used to it.