56

Harry Styles

I lie awake, wondering how my life has come to this. How everything I've done and that's happened to me has led to this moment right now. My fingers slowly move through the softness of hair, something I never knew I'd find comfort in. I listen to the hushed breathing of sleep. Every exhale brushes against the skin on my chest, reminding me this is real. How I'm getting to feel warmth and safety from a singular person feels like insanity, but the best type of insanity. I'd stay insane for eternity if it meant this moment would last for the rest of my lifetime. I don't think I'd ever be sure of what moment led me to having something this...amazing. But I'm here, and I don't deserve it.

And I most definitely do not deserve her.

What I'm doing is wrong. I hated her. I never got the chance to know her and I hated her from the start. I'm sleeping with the person I'm supposed to hate the most, but I don't hate the feelings inside me she manages to bring out.

Nyla, you have no idea how much I don't hate you.

She's been asleep for the past couple of hours. I've been simply staring at her while my fingers never stopped brushing through her soft hair. I should sleep a little, but I don't want to waste minutes with my eyes closed looking into darkness, when they could be looking at her.

It's currently nine am. My stomach rumbles softly. I squeeze my eyes shut hoping it wouldn't wake Nyla. She stays fast asleep. I continue staring up at the ceiling, not minding my hunger as it's overpowered by my need to stay warm in this bed with her.

Until an urgent knocking pounds the door downstairs.

My eyes snap wide, bending my neck to see if Nyla's awake. She continues to stay sleeping, letting me let out a breath of relief. I shut my eyes briefly, hoping whoever it is goes the fuck away. But not even two seconds after the knock, more assault the door.

I pinch my eyes closed before reopening them and finding a way to slowly shuffle from Nyla on my chest without waking her. I gently replace my chest with a pillow under her head and stand from the bed. She softly hums but stays asleep thankfully. I re-cover her with the blanket slowly and take one last look at her before exiting her room.

The knocking hasn't stopped, causing me to curse whoever the fuck it is in my head.

Quickly stepping down the stairs, I yell through, "Alright, I'm coming!"

With Nyla's safety in my mind first, I look through the peephole to make sure it isn't some burglar or some shit. But with the person in view, my heart drops.

I wish it was a burglar.

"Fuck." I mumble under my breath. I take in a deep breath to collect myself before unlocking the door and pulling it open.

He storms in before I get a word in, turning around after I close the door. I stay frozen in my spot, staring at his face full of fury.

"Father." I acknowledge.

Father stares at me like I'm the worst disappointment he's ever seen before spewing out venom. "What the fuck happened?" He mutters through gritted teeth, the veins on his forehead protrude.

I grow confused for half a second before I realize what he's on about.

The kidnapping.

"I-"

"You what?" He cuts me off and steps closer. "I was looking for you after the party only to see that you left. I looked for Zayn, Liam, and Niall, and found out they left as well. Thought Nyla stuck around for fucks sake and she was gone too. Then I'm getting messages talking about Nyla missing, Harry missing, the whole fucking lot missing!" He seethes, throwing his hands out.