20

The picture above is similar to the sunset Nyla will be describing in this chapter, hers is just more colorful and vibrant. :)

Nyla West

"The biggest gang in Los Angeles, little one."

Niall's words repeated in my head for the rest of the day.

Mindlessly staring at my computer screen, I dissect every time I've stepped foot in this building with the knowledge of it being a finance company when in reality, a big lie is what it is. I found myself turning in my chair to casually look around this level of people working for a company that doesn't even exist. What are they working on if Capital Finance is fake? Is that why Sabrina told me they don't have much work to do? Or does Harry give them work that secretly has to do with their business without the employees knowing? Or are they just entering useless information for eight hours straight?

And I can't forget the fact that Sabrina doesn't know. I've been happy to have an actual friend here who is kind to me, and I'd just began enjoying our time spent together. I don't have friends except for Louis, so when Sabrina came around, I was excited to be able to have another friend by my side. But now I have to keep this secret from her on top of everything.

I got overwhelmed and tried ignoring all of it. I put it in the back of my mind so I could finally be caught up with the folders on my desk, but it didn't seem to work as my thoughts never silenced. At least Harry can't be mad at me for not completing them by the end of the day since I'm getting fired anyways.

The work's phone on the corner of my desk started ringing right as I was about to shut off my computer for the day. I answered, the voice on the other side being Desmond's. He gave me a short explanation just asking me to meet him at his office after I finish up here. I couldn't stop my pulse from picking up at the thought of this actually happening, he's calling me in so he can fire me.

That leads me up to now, walking down the level for sadly the last time as I make my way to the elevators. A frown stays on my lips, I press the down arrow for the elevator and patiently wait for the doors to open up. I couldn't even say goodbye to Sabrina since she left work already. I walked inside the empty elevator with one final look of the level.

A short and silent ride later, I go down the same hallway I once did on the day of my interview. I start getting flashbacks to my first time walking here, meeting Zayn for the first time, him giving me a little pep talk before I walked into Desmond's office. I smile at the thought, but it doesn't stay long since I'm back where I started. Right at Desmond's black double doors, but this time to be fired.

I pause myself at his closed doors, taking a moment for myself to calm my nerves. I'm hoping Harry isn't inside there, I am not sure if I could handle his cruel words right now on top of everything.

After that quick moment, I'm knocking before I could overthink anymore.

"Come in!" Desmond's voice comes through the doors. With that, I'm opening it and walking inside, gratefully not seeing Harry anywhere present.

"Hi." I greet him as he sits behind his desk like normal. He wears a black suit, going well with the constant theme of that color around this building.

"Great to see you again!" He smiles. I return a smile, but I can't keep the memory of his conversation with Harry this morning out of mind. I almost find myself not wanting to smile back when I remember how rude he was to Harry.