10

Nyla West

"Come on." Harry's tone is in complete urgency, walking past me as soon as I get out of my car in the parking lot at work.

My feet pick up it's pace to catch up to him. I'm right behind as he opens the glass door for himself and lets go once he's inside. I roll my eyes, yanking the door open for myself and going inside towards the elevators.

The usual open and spacious lobby I walked into yesterday is now packed with scattering people busy attending to where they need to be. People rush up the grand staircase to my right, pushing through doors, others waiting in line for one of the many elevators lined up towards the back of the lobby. Today being Monday could explain the crowd.

I sift through people, trying not to lose Harry from my sight. He takes long and fast strides towards an open elevator filled with a couple other people. I hurry in just in time before the doors closed.

Harry leans against one side of the elevator and I take the spot next to him, keeping some distance between us. I take this moment to catch my breath.

But I can't help but feel as if I'm being stared at. Silence fills the elevator. I glance up to the three other people standing in front of me, catching their eyes directly on me. Their eyes are widened slightly like they're shocked and are almost trying to stay as far away from my side of the elevator as possible, cornered to the opposite wall.

My eyebrows crease, wondering why they're acting so weird. I look to my left to see Harry too carried away on his phone to even notice anything. But then I realize that they aren't just staring at me, but at him too.

It's obvious he's known around this company for being the owner's son which is why I'm guessing they are staring at him like that. But I think they're also staring at me because they are shocked to see me standing near Harry, they look afraid of him.

The elevator opens and stops at another level which make the three people rush out. We ride up silently to Harry's level. Both of us get out at the same time, walking down the aisle so I could get to my desk and Harry to his office.

I turn to my desk, pulling my phone out of my pocket and taking a seat on my chair.

But I look over to Harry when I hear his voice, his hand on the handle of his office door. "No, come into my office. I have to inform you of the rules on my level." He opens his office door entering it, leaving it open for me.

His rules?

I walk into his office and close the door behind me, taking a seat in one of the chairs placed in front of his desk. His office walls are also floor to ceiling windows, bringing in the bright morning sunlight. Harry's office is much cleaner and simpler than Desmond's one I went into yesterday. There's only his big desk he sits behind on a rolling chair, two chairs in front of the desk, where I'm sitting, and storage drawers behind him.

He clears his throat, signaling to pay attention, I snap my eyes back to him. "Sorry."

With a roll of his eyes, he continues. "As I was saying, there will be folders left on your desk each morning and throughout the day for you to complete. Some you just have to sign off on, others you will have to input every piece of their information onto your computer. If you're confused just ask Sabrina, she's the desk on the right of yours." His tone is sounds bored like he's said this same explanation too many times to count.

"Okay." I nod in agreement.

"What else..." He scans his brain for missing pieces of information I need to know, pursing his lips. "Oh, you start at 8:00 am, end at 4:00 pm, an hour lunch break anywhere between noon to three, and the coffee's free in the break room." He casually leans back on his chair.