Competition

Mary Anne's pov

"FINALLY WE ARE HERE!" I screech as we get off the bus at our hotel. I rush to the side of the bus to get my suitcase because it's FREEZING and quickly walk inside. I find Annie Mae at the check-in counter getting our room keys. She turns around and hands me the card. "Thanks. Now let's go."

We get in the elevator after telling Miss Liane we are heading to the room, and make our way to the third floor. I open the room and run inside. I quickly claim the bed closest to the bathroom as mine and lay all my stuff on top. I look at the clock and realize it's only nine. I look over at Annie Mae.

"What should we do?" I ask.

"We are going downstairs with Clay and Abby and we are getting in the hot tub." Annie Mae says.

"Great."

*******

After the hot tub Annie Mae and I get back to the room and quickly take showers. We both get onto her bed, which is closest to the tv, and turn on a movie. I don't even remember what it was about because I fell asleep five minutes into it.

The next morning I wake up to find Annie Mae and I still on her bed with the tv still playing. She is asleep beside me. I gently shake her as I realize it's 9:30 and free breakfast is almost over.

"Annie Mae! Get up! Breakfast is almost over." She sits up and rubs her eyes. We both don't bother putting on normal clothes and just go down in legging and t shirts. When we get there I see Clay and Abby at a table. I quickly get breakfast and then head over to their table.

"About time. I was afraid you wouldn't make it!" Abby says as I sit down. Clay doesn't even look up from his phone.

"Clay? You there?" I ask waving my hand in front of his face.

"Huh? Oh hi. I'm just texting Matt. He will be there at eleven so we got to go soon." He says putting his phone down.

We quickly eat and go grab our costumes, makeup, and other dance competition necessities from our rooms and we go down to the bus.

When we get to the auditorium where the competition was taking place, we immediately go to our reserved dressing room. It had a sheet over half of the room that could be pulled aside, so we put the boys on the other side. I had to help Annie Mae get ready for her trio. I did her hair while she did her makeup. Afterward she helped me get ready for my dance with Clayton.

At 12 the entire group headed out to the theatre. Clayton met Matt on the way in.

"Matt!" He exclaims hugging him and giving him a quick peck.

"Hey."

Annie Mae had to leave to go backstage. I wished her good luck and headed into the auditorium with Clayton and Matt. Annie Mae and her partners made their way on the stage.

"SPARKLE BABY!!!" I yelled at them. It was my way of showing encouragement.

Annie Mae's number went flawlessly. But next up was me and Clay. I ran into John and Sherlock on the way backstage.

"Hey Mary Anne! Good luck." John says giving me a hug.

"Ok Mary Anne. We've got this. We look great. We are going to do awesome." Clayton says once we are backstage. I nod and hug him.

"Please welcome to the stage Mary Anne and Clayton performing Problem." The announcer says. I grab Clayton's hand and walk out on stage once in position I let it go and turn my back to him.

"SPARKLE BABY!" I hear from somewhere in the auditorium. I smile. The music comes on and we start our dance.

" THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!" Clayton whisper shouts as we walk off the stage. He hugs me and spins me around. We run out to meet our team.