Checkmate

John's Pov

Mary Anne was standing in front of me, looking ragged and beaten. She was screaming for me to find her, to not forget about her. I didn't know why she would even think that I could forget her. Kale and Moriarty appeared in the room and drag her into the darkness. I was trying to scream at them to leave her alone, but I couldn't make any sound come out. I heard Moriarty's voice booming around me.

"Checkmate"

I woke with a scream, Sherlock nowhere to be seen.

"Sherlock?!" I yelled worried. I ran to the kitchen to find him there, blankly looking at a cold cup of coffee. I walked over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at me, his eyes red from tears. I'd never seen Sherlock cry before, so I brought him into a bone crushing hug. He loosely hugged me back, before he handed me a piece of paper that made me want to break down again.

'Checkmate'

**********
Mary Anne's Pov

When I awoke from my slumber, I found a plate of food in front of my face. I looked around to see Kale standing there smiling at me.

"Good morning sweetheart! I made your favorite! An omelette  with tomatoes and cheese!" He looked so proud of himself. I sat up in bed and eyed the food. It looked really good considering I haven't eaten in who knows how long. But then again I didn't want to be drugged again.

"I promise I didn't poison it. Here." He says taking a bite of it. "See."

I took the fork from him and practically  inhaled the omelette. After I was done he took the plate from me and put a bracelet on my wrist.

"In case you try to run away again. I'm going to leave the door open, you can go anywhere in the house except my room on the first floor. That's off limits."

"How very Beauty and the Beast of you." I said rolling my eyes. Apparently he didn't get that it was a snide comment, so he laughed.

"Jim has a couple servants around the house somewhere if you want to hang out with someone. Just be back in this room by nine at night. I'll be here waiting and then I'll lock you in." He says walking out. I stared out the door after him.

I get up and walk slowly out the door. The stairs are right in front of my room, so I decided to go downstairs.

The house was truly beautiful, with intricate carvings on the walls and beautiful small statues everywhere. I hear a noise coming from the kitchen, so I walk over to it slowly. Once inside I see how large it is, with state of the art, well, everything. There is a girl around my age working at the stove. I walk over to her.

"Hello?" She jumps and turns around.

"Oh hello! You must be Mary Anne! I'm Emily and I'm here for anything you need me for." She says brightly, shaking my hand. She looks around to see if we were alone. Seeing that we were, she pulled my farther into the kitchen, away from the door.

"Are you ok? I know how awful it is. My kidnapper lived here too. Moriarty killed him when he messed up a deal and I thought I was going to be free. I was wrong though because he kept me here as a servant."

"I'm so sorry." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

"It's alright. I'd much rather be a servant than in the hands of Dan." She shuddered. "But I'm going to help you ok. I don't know how much I can do, but I know having a friend will hopefully make things easier." I pulled away from her.

"Can you help me escape? I could take you with me."

"There are guards all around this place. I've tried to get out so many times. The only way you are going to get out is if you get to a phone or something. The only place they are are in Moriarty's office or one of their bedrooms. The office has a retina scanner so there is no way you will get in there. But the bedrooms have a padlock and a lock. If you could figure out the combination and pick the lock maybe you could get one. But you would have to be quick. It would have to be a day where both Kale and Moriarty were out of the house."

"That's a risk I'd have to take. I have to get out. I have to get to my...family." I said tears welling in my eyes. She grabbed me in another hug.

"You will get out. I promise."

******
A/N Another update for you guys!

Keep being fabulous!
-Maebae