Realization

(Quick note I changed Mary Anne's age from 13 to 15)

Sherlock's Pov

John and I went back to the hotel once it was announced that they had lost the phone's signal. They, once again, couldn't get an exact location, but they did find out that the signal came from east of Athens, so all the search parties to the west were rerouted to the east. After listening  to the recording of the conversation, we found a forest to the east of Athens that was large enough to to hold hundreds of houses, but we started our search there, because of what Emily had described. We did think of the possibility of her lying, but she helped Mary Anne and sounded genuinely scared when she heard Kale and Moriarty return.

Greg told us to go back to the hotel and that he'd call us if anything happened. At first we didn't want to leave, but then he threatened to put us back on a plane to London if we didn't, so with many complaints we hailed a taxi and went back to the hotel.

Once back in the room, John walked slowly over to the couch and collapsed on top of it. I sat down next to him and put my arms around his body as he laid his head against my chest. I felt my shirt become soaked as he started to sob. I laid my head on his and started rubbing his arms.

"Hey hey it'll be ok." I say try to calm him down.

"No Sherlock it's not ok! We are never going to find her! W-we can't even track a damn phone because he's so far ahead of us!" He says, standing up and starting to pace the floor. I quickly stand up and stop him before he wears through the carpet.

"Look at me." I say as I tilt his eyes up toward mine. I gently kiss his nose and then his lips. "Breathe. Ok we will find her. The call may not have given us her exact location, but we have narrowed it down so far. We're so close to finding her, but I need you to be strong for me and for Mary Anne." He laughs slightly as he wipes at his eyes.

"I know but it's been two months. We haven't seen her face in two months. She's only 15. She shouldn't be going through this. She should still be living her childhood."

"I know. But it's not going to help her thinking like this. We have to be strong and confident for her. Because she has no one else to do it for her." I say, starting to tear up. John takes his hand and caresses my face. He gently wipes a tear that rolls down my cheek.

"Look at you, being all emotional. I've never seen you like this. You've not slept for a case before, but never this long. That's why I was so worried earlier. You looked like you would pass out at any moment."

"First,I've never had my daughter kidnapped before. Second, I know I wouldn't be able to get through it without you. I love you."

"I love you too." He says leaning his head against my chest. I sit us back on the couch, but this time he's in my lap, face buried in my neck. "I just want to sleep without the nightmares." He says as he yawns.

"Go to sleep. I'll be right here if you need me." I say as I kiss the top of his head.

*********

Mary Anne's Pov

My stomach hurt like hell. My head was spinning. I had been left alone in the room again, this time with Kale's and Sherlock's words in my head.

Sherlock says he wasn't at the warehouse. John said in the first phone call that it wasn't Sherlock that hurt me. But if it wasn't him, why did I see him?

Kale said he was going to burn the hearts out of my family. But I couldn't figure out what he was going to do. He's already made me tell them that I want to stay here. They already know how badly he's hurt me. I couldn't imagine what worse he could do 

But boy was I about to find out.

After what felt like 8 years, Moriarty walks in with some clothes in his hands. He walks over and hands them to me.

"We can't have you wearing that bloodstained outfit, so you need to put this on." He said as he walked out. I sigh and examine the clothes I was given.

The outfit consisted of only a pair of black booty shorts and a black sports bra. It looked like an old costume of mine. One I put it on, I realized it was. The booty shorts had jewels across the waistband, and the bra had the dance studio across the back. I was very confused as to why I was wearing this, because dancing wouldn't burn John and Sherlock's hearts out. And besides, I couldn't dance in the state I was in anyways.

I look down and examine my wounded body. I have several other cuts and bruises in addition to the worst one on my stomach. I'm sure my face is just as bad.

The door swings open again, and this time it's two men I don't recognize. They grab me by the arms and drag me out of the room.

I'm dragged to a room down the hall. Once I was pushed into the room, I realized exactly what was happening. I had seen enough crime shows to know that the chains that were hanging from the ceiling were for my arms to be held up, and the stick thing in the corner was a branding iron. I start to fight back at the men, but their grips just tighten on me as they chain my wrists and pull them up. They leave the room and I'm left alone. I look around the room and notice the video camera in the corner.

So this was how they would burn their hearts out.

******

A/n TWO UPDATES IN TWO DAYS IM IN FIRE!!

-MaeBae