221b's couch

Mary Anne's Pov

'Oh my God. I'm gonna die." I think as the figure I saw earlier steps out of the dark. He's tall, handsome and has a gun pointed at my godfather's face.

"Kale, let her go." The man said looking harsh for a moment.

He digs the knife deeper into my throat.

"And why should I do that?" He asks calmly.

"Because we have you surrounded." I hear a voice from my left say. I look with out moving my head. This man is considerably shorter than the first man. Another comes out from the right side. We are surrounded.

"You can't run. But if you give me Mary Anne I'll tell the jury you cooperated." the first man said.

Mr Kale pushes the knife even deeper into my throat causing me to choke and a trickle of blood to run down.

"But she's mine." He says in a menacing tone. "I took her away from her awful family. And she'll never have to go back now!" he exclaims sounding extremely happy about that fact.

By now I'm crying but I can't do anything. I gave to put my life in the officers hands.

"Help." I manage to croak out before I loose consciousness.

******

Sherlocks pov

I watch as Mary Anne goes unconscious in the hands of her captor. He looks horrified with himself.

"What did I do?" I hear him ask quietly before he drops Mary Anne and runs off.

"Go! I've got Mary Anne!" John yells at me and Lestrade. We chase after Kale.

After about 10 minutes of running we finally manage to catch him and bring him to the police car, kicking and screaming, saying he'd done nothing wrong. 

"Yeah. Tell it to the judge." I told him as I slammed the door.

I walk over to John and Mary Anne, who by that time had woken up and been given a shock blanket.

"You'll be fine sweetheart." I hear John telling her. I can see that she's shaking.

"Mary Anne? Would you mind  if I asked you a few questions?" I ask 

"Sherlock she's in shock you ca-" Mary Anne interrupts john.

"No it's ok. I just want to get out of here as fast as possible." She says sounding determined.

"Ok. What was your relationship with Kale Tracy?" I ask already knowing the answer. I wanted to start out with easy questions.

"He was my god father." She says.

"Did he ever show any signs of wanting to hurt you or you're parents?" I ask.

"No."

"Can you tell me exactly what's happened in the last three days?" She takes a deep breath before she starts.

"On the first day he was nice to me.  Thought  if he was nice he'd get what he wanted. But I didn't give it to him so he took it by force and locked me in a room with chains on the walls. He beat me when I didn't say or do what he wanted. It was horrible." she says starting to cry again. John put his arm around her and I kind of stood there awkwardly. After a minute she's ok again and asks the big question.

"Are my parents and sister really dead?" she asks.

"I'm very sorry but..... yes I'm afraid so." John tells her. Good I'd probably be to blunt and offend her.

"Do you have anyone you'd like us to call?" I ask

"No. There's no one who can take me. My parents were only children and all of my grandparents are dead." She says softly.

"Sherlock!" I hear Lestrade call me. I walk over. "What are we gonna do with her. There's no one we can call. Maybe we could put her with Donovan?" he says thoughtfully.

"No! you are not putting that child with that witch. She'll stay with me." the words come out of my mouth before I had time to think about it.

"You. With a child. Are you sure?" he asks unsure.

"Well I'll have John with me. He's considered a responsible adult. We'll be fine. "

"You do realize that she'll probably have to stay with you until the trial?"

"Yes "

"Which could be months away."

"Uh huh." I say getting annoyed.

"Ok then. Let's go tell John and Mary Anne. "

I walk over to Mary Anne.

"Mary Anne, how would you like to stay with Mr Holmes and Mr Watson for a while?" Lestrade asks. John seems to perk up a little at this.

"Yeah and then I can keep an eye on her. " He says.

I turn to Mary Anne. "What do you say?" I ask smiling at her.

"Um. Ok sure." She says standing up.

"Goodbye Sherlock. John. Mary Anne." Lestrade says as he walks away.

"Let's get her home John. We have a lot of stuff to do. "

**

Back at 221b John and I are arguing over who gets the couch and who's room Mary Anne's going to sleep in.

"John she'll obviously be more comfortable in my room." I state.

"I'd really just prefer the couch." Mary Anne says from the kitchen.

"No!" John and I both yell.

She sighs.

She comes back in with tea for all three of us. We both gladly take a cup. She yawns and that's when I realize how late it is.

"Mary Anne. Where do you want to sleep?" I ask.

"The couch." She says laying down. I throw her a blanket.

"We'll get stuff for the upstairs room for you to use later. " I say. She nods and turns over going to sleep.

"Goodnight John." I say heading to my room.

"Goodnight Sherlock."