Back to Dance

Mary Anne's pov

"We want to adopt you."

My head snaps toward John.

"What?"

"I said we want to adopt you." he says with a little less confidence this time.

"Why?"

Before John can answer Sherlock speaks.

"Because we have both come to care about you over the past month and you have nowhere else to go so we thought 'why not just adopt her?'"

My face was probably one of shock so John quickly said

"You don't have to have an answ-"

"Yes!" I interrupted him.

"You want to?" he asked.

"Yes! I would love to!" I say jumping up to hug them. John hugged me back, but Sherlock kind of awkwardly patted my head.

********

The next day I was getting ready for my first dance class of the season. I heard a knock on the front door and I ran to open it, thinking in was Annie Mae here to pick me up. But when I opened the door I saw a man who I didn't recognize.

"And who are you?" he asks sneering down at me.

"I'm Mary Anne. And who might you be?"

"I'm Mycroft Holmes. Why are you in my brothers apartment?"

"Oh Mycroft! Wonderful surprise!" I hear John behind me say.

"Oh yes. I was here to talk to you and Sherlock about a case. But who's the child?"

"This is mine and Sherlock's soon to be daughter. Didn't Sherlock tell you?"

Mycroft, who by that time had gotten over his shocked phase said Sherlock hadn't said anything to him. I was going to say something when Annie Mae came up the stairs. She stopped when she saw us at the door.

"Am I interrupting something?" she asks.

"No." We all say. I say good bye to John and walk out with Annie Mae.

"Well that was interesting!" I said once we were out if the building and on our way to the dance studio. I quickly filled her in on the five minute walk there.

"Wow." was all she could say when I was finished.

"Yeah." I said walking into the studio.

"Mary Anne!" I could hear 8 people calling my name. I smiled at my dance team.

Annie Mae, Clara, and Abby were all on my dance team. The others were all my friends but were older then I was. I was the youngest on the team. My best guy friend Clayton, who was two years older than me and gay, practically picked me up when he hugged me.

"Girl I haven't seen you in ages!" he says.

"Clay I talk to you on the phone all the time. " I was only in eighth grade while he was a sophomore. We don't go to the same school so I don't see him.

"I know but I haven't seen you." He said. I laughed. "How are you. Are you ok. I'm here if you ever need to talk." He said crushing me in a hug again.

"All right everyone! Time to stretch!" my dance teacher, Miss Liane, said as she walked in.

"Clay! Help me stretch." I said going over to the wall.

After I was stretched I helped him stretch.

After stretching the entire class sat in a around Miss Liane and she told us what dances we would have for this competition season. There were 4 solos. I was one, because it was my tenth year of dance, a girl named Sarah got one, a guy named Seth got one and Abby got one. She then told us there would be one duo and one trio. Annie Mae, Clara, and a girl named Tia got the trio and Clayton and I got the duo, which I was very excited about.

"Right, the group routine is a musical theatre number." Miss Liane told us.

"Yes!" I yelled as the others laughed. They all knew musical theatre was my style.

"The number is called 'Phantom' it is a medley from the musical The Phantom of the Opera."

"Alright!" me and Clayton said together as we high-fived. That was our favorite musical.

"The leads will be Clayton." He cheered. "Seth" he cheered as well. "And since it is her tenth year of dance, Mary Anne." I cheered the loudest. Our teammates clapped for us.

"I suggest all of you who haven't seen the musical go watch it on Netflix. It will help you get into the mindset of your characters. Now all of you will come to me individually if you're a soloist or with your teammates if you have a duo or trio. Go and work on your tricks and stuff while I sort out the music."

Clayton, Annie Mae, Abby, Clara, and I go over to the corner to get the mats to bring out to the floor to practice tricks on. The room was huge so we had a lot of space.

"So Mary Anne. You're going to have a solo, a duo, and a lead! That's great!" Abby says as we work on our scorpions.

"I know! I'm excited."

"Mary Anne and Clayton!" Miss Liane calls. We walk over to her.

"You will have a hiphop/jazz number. It will be to the song 'Problem' by Ariana Grande." We smiled and cheered.

She turned to me next.

"Mary Anne you will have a contemporary number for your solo. It is called 'Invisible'. It's to the Hunter Hayes song." I nodded thinking of the song.

We walked back over to our friends and started gossiping.

"So Clayton, got your eye on any cute boys?" Clara teased.

"Actually I do. His names Matt." He says blushing.

"Oh sounds hot." Abby said. He laughed.

"Oh he is girl."

*********

"Alright class is over! I'll see you all tomorrow." Miss Liane said two hours later. We had dance on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It was a lot but I loved it. We all said our goodbyes and I walked home with Annie Mae. When I got in the flat, I was immediately bombarded with questions.

"How was dance? Was it fun? Are you tired?"

"It was fun, yes I'm tired so I'm going to take a shower and go to bed" I told John. Sherlock was somewhere unknown.

"Alright goodnight!" he says turning back to the tv.

After my shower I felt a lot better and when I fell on my bed I was fast asleep.

************************

A/N Hey guys! I know it's been along time but I've had school and it sucks. I promise I will try to write more though.

Keep being fabulous

-Maegan