Phone Calls

John's Pov

We landed at the Athens airport around 6 in the evening. On the ride to the police station my phone starts to ring. I quickly grab my phone to see that it is a number I don't recognize. I let it go to my answering machine, thinking it was a telemarketer. Once at the police station the same number calls again. By now I'm a little annoyed but I try not to be to bothered by it. A few seconds later it calls again and this time I pick up.

"What the hell do you want?!" The other line is silent for a moment.

"John?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

"Oh my god Mary Anne!" Sherlock whips around. "What how are you calling me?"

"I snuck into Kale's room and found a phone. I called you because I thought you might still care."

"Of course I still care sweetheart." I said putting the phone on speaker then handing it to a tech woman to try and trace. "You are our daughter after all."

"But Sherlock said that you guys would be better off without me." I was confused for a moment, but then I remembered the horrible video.

" No that wasn't him, I swear."

"But-"

"Look I'll explain it all to you once we rescue you but for right now I need you to stay calm and-" I was cut off by a loud scream on the other line.

"Why hello John. And Sherlock I'm sure you're there as well." I heard Moriarty's voice on the line.

"Moriarty." Sherlock said in a cold voice.

"I know you are trying to trace this phone call right now but I want you to know you won't be able to."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"To burn the heart out of your beloved Sherlock." Another scream came through the line. "Ta-ta now." The line went dead. Sherlock was mad beyond words. He shouted cuss words I didn't even know existed.

"How does he keep three steps ahead of us?!" He shouts. I quickly grab his hands and pull him into the other room before he punches something. I could tell he was trying to not breakdown. I didn't know how much longer either of us could hold on.

******

Mary Anne's Pov

I couldn't believe I got caught. I couldn't believe I was so stupid. My freedom to go anywhere in the house I liked was taken away from me. I was locked in a new room with a wooden cot and dull walls. This room also had no windows, so I had no idea how long I had been in there. No one had brought me anything to eat, and my stomach was constantly grumbling.

After God knows how long, someone finally came in my room. It was Emily. She brought a plate of food she must have made for me. She had a black eye.

"Did they do that because of me? I'm so sorry."

"It's ok it not your fault." She said leaving the room. I sigh as I pick up my sandwich, only to find a note on the bottom.

Kale and Moriarty are leaving soon for a few days. They trust me to stay because I've been here so long they think I've been brainwashed. But once they leave I'm coming to get you out of the room and bring you the phone out of Kale's room, since I now know the combination.

I reread the note, skeptical that it may have been planted there by Kale or Moriarty. I would just have to wait and see

********

A/N Hey guys. Yes I'm the worst I get it. But here's another update for you.

-Maegan