Assailants

*Shing!*

The teleport waypoint at the border of Liyue and Mondstadt glows propitiously. Two figure, Vranz and Alastor, materialized. Both are unenergetic after a battle against a monster type included in their hate list.

"Ugh... I'm full..." Alastor let herself fall. She "Brother, why are we able to defeat a boss solo but having a hard time fighting lesser monster such as Geovishap?" She punch the ground a few times in frustration. "Tsk tsk tsk! My damage is pathetic! Just you wait! Imma have revenge on those lizards! Horaaaa!" From frustrated into spirited one.

"Horaaaa!" Vranz naturally follows his sister's antique. He too, hate the Geovishap family.

*Swooosh! Crack!*

Without warning, an arrow imbued with Cryo element was shot, hitting Vranz. "Ow! Hey!" Three assailants; Cryo Hilichurl shooter, Hydro Samachurl and Hydro Abyss Mage. Before they could apply hydro which would turn Vranz who's on freeze status into an ice statue, Alastor pushed him away from Samachurl's area hydro attack, so the wet status applied on her instead.

"Kill the Cryo shooter!" Alastor insructs without filtering her words.

"Got it! You deal with the Samachurl!" Vranz gave instructions too in return. It took them less then a minute to deal with them. "Now... there's only one left." The Hydro Abyss Mage.

"You fools! You really think you weaklings can go against the Abyss?! Kekekeke"

"Ha! That's where you're wrong! Who said we're fighting against the Abyss?" Vranz smirks.

"Eh?" The Hydro Mage paused.

"Our target is you as individual, not as Abyss. You attacked us, so why not let us return the favor? I'm sure that us getting rid of incompetent members will be huge help to Abyss Order as well~" Alastor had twisted smile on her face. She got her Skyward AK-47 ready in her hand. The Hydro Abyss Mage may got chills from the two siblings. On instinct, it activated its Hydro shield. As bonus, it shoots the Hydro bubble that will trap it's enemies.

[Damn, how much I miss Endora event. I can trap them in the same way!]

*Bam!*

Alastor shot the bubble as she used to during her previous fights against Oceanid.

"What?! How?!" The creature panicked. No enemies had ever destroyed his bubbles before. During its ignorance, Vranz dealt tons of physical damage while Alastor provides elemental damage. Geo element from Alastor attacks resonates with Hydro, crystallizing temporary Hydro shield for close-combatant Vranz. The shield was broken. The unguarded Hydro Abyss Mage has no where to run. "Ack!" Vranz stepped on it. "P-please spare me!"

"Aww, poor you. Okay~" Vranz looks at his sister disbelievingly. Sensing malice from her, he decided to ignore the statement from earlier. "But with ooooone teeny weeny condition~" Vranz can guess what's coming next.

"R-really? What's the condition?" Vranz felt slight pity for the naive Abyss Mage.

"Answer my question. What lines goes after... Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you the fandango?~"

"Uh... I will?- Ack!" Upon giving incorrect answer, its robe was grabbed and thrown into the lake. Any Abyss Mage can't float above water without their shield. The water is deep and it couldn't swim. Its hands flails, struggling to stay on water surface.

"Wrong~ Thunderbolt and lightning! Very very frightening!" A bottle of electro potion (stolen from the Treasure Hoarders) was thrown to the drowning Hydro Abyss Mage. The electro shock drains every single drop of its last HP, killing it. After one minute of full silence, Alastor spoke up. "... Demmit. The items went underwater."

"We can always get more (by killing more Abyss Mages)." Vranz patted Alastor's back. He couldn't reach her head since she's now taller than him.

"Hmm... yeah. Okay brother."

Not far from where they are, Aether, Paimon, Venti, Jean and Diluc just arrived. They intended to deal with the Abyss assailants but the two had finished them first. "Eh? Aren't those... the crossdressing siblings!" Paimon exclaims.

"Another nickname Paimon? Really?" Aether sighs.

"Crossdressing siblings? Aw, their nickname is better than mine. Don't you think calling me 'Tone Deaf Bard' is too much?" Venti comments with a chuckle.

"Huh... it seems the assailants were swiftly dealt with. Are they acquaintances of yours?" Diluc keeps his claymore since there's no battle going on. His eyes are focused on the two people he haven't seen before.

"Yeah! Vranz and Alastor from Adventurer's Guild. We took the gliding exam together. Last time we saw them, they said they were heading to Liyue. Paimon don't know much about them. All Paimon could say is they are not bad guys."

"If the two of them able to defeat the Abyss Mage, then they're no ordinary adventurers. Anything else to note?" Jean looks over to Aether.

"Before they left, they gave me a tip on how to defeat Dvalin. That's not an advice you would get from a regular adventurer." Aether reveal left them speechless for a second.

"Yo! It's Aether and Paimon! Eh, why are you all here?" Vranz walks to where they were standing, followed by Alastor. The serious atmosphere is a contrast to their innocent face who had no idea what's going on.

"Oh! H-hey!  Nice to see you two again! Is the trip to Liyue fun?" Paimon break the silence.

"Yeah, its fun as hell." Alastor replies sarcastically with an unsuspecting smile. There's no way facing Geovishap family counted as fun.

"Really? What did you two do in Liyue?" Paimon doesn't take the hint.

"You're curious? Well, I challenged the Geo Hypostasis." Vranz took out Basalt Pillars. "I won, obviously. Here sis, let's trade." Vranz hand them over to Alastor.

"Here." In return, Alastor hand him the Cleansing Hearts. "The Oceanid is annoying, but I managed."

"G-Geo Hypostasis?! Oceanid?! Those monsters are far stronger than Mitachurls!" Their claim might be outrageous, but they have proof of their victory. Paimon can't say they were lying.

"Yeah, so?" They replied at the same time.

"Eeeeh... Paimon thinks you two are insane. Who on their right mind would go on a trip to challenge strong monsters." Paimon rubs her forehead.

"Well well well, these two are quite capable. Say, how about a round against Dvalin? Though, please refrain from killing him." Venti requested.

Alastor turns her head to Aether. "Huh? You haven't defeated Dvalin yet Aether? Sigh... I thought I already told you its weakness. The crystals placed on its backbone, where lots of fibre in the body that transmit impulses of sensation to the brain or spinal cord, and impulses from these to the muscles and organs- Mmph?!" Vranz shoves Grilled Tiger Fish into her mouth.

"Sure, if you count this as a commission." Vranz replies to Venti.

"*Cough!* Geh! Brother you meanie! I was getting to the juicy part!"

"What part of that is juicy?!"

"Biology is cool! Understanding how living beings function is life-hack! Biology supremacy!"

"Nah, I still hate it."

From Diluc's observation, these two tend to be honest. From their appearance, they seemed blood related for sure. What surprises him is they did not back down from a request to defeat the Stormterror. He won't let his guard down any time sooner until he trusts them.

...