Prank Gone South

Today is another day that has no particular meaning for Alastor. Even if she's a Genshin Impact enthusiast, she also has no relation to this world. Thus, for a meaningful day, she had to do something.

After completing her 4 daily commissions, Alastor wanders somewhere in Qiongji Estuary, hoping to trigger some side quest. Vranz went to visit his Hilichurl friends in Dragonspine and she doesn't feel like wanting to trudge through deep snow today.

'Tch! I thought there were no blankets so I slept without one. Then I found out that it was under my pillow this whole time! And I'm the only one who didn't notice! Vranz was able to sleep peacefully with his!' Her face of no concern is the opposite of her mind.

"Achoo!" she sneezes. 'Great, my nose is itchy. Usually, I sneeze when there are impurities in the air. Is it sand particles? Dust?'

Strangely, as she walks, she witnesses some Hilichurls near Wangshu Inn that is giving off dark energy just as a guy with a strange mask is performing some sort of exorcism art. After that seal was revealed, the Hilichurls with the sinister aura ran away.

'What? My nose reacts to dark energy too? What a funny discovery.' She thinks while watching the interaction between Paimon, Traveler, and someone who claimed to be an Adepti named Starsnatcher.

"Ahem. Hello! Allow us to introduce ourselves, this..."

"Please, if you're here to thank me, there's no need. Cleansing the world of evil is the duty of an adepti. Think nothing of it - I certainly don't." Before Paimon could finish, the guy cuts off her speech. "...Wait, who are you? One had assumed that you were followers, but on closer inspection, it seems that we have not met."

'Wow, very Adepti-like script. Even for a side character, that confidence is notable.' Alastor comments.

"We're just travelers passing by," Aether responds.

"My name's Paimon! And this is my sidekick, Aether."

'WHO'S YOUR DAMN SIDEKICK HUH EMERGENCY FOOD?!' The corner of her eye twitched. She too once experienced this scene in the game.

"One sees. One too shall introduce oneself, for it is good manners to comply. Ahem... the one before you is an Adeptus, Master of Stars, though one is better known to one's followers as Starsnatcher. One descended from one's mountain abode to cleanse the world of evil, whereupon fate saw fit that our paths should cross. Now... tell me that which you wish for"

'Hmm, his confidence is really impressive. If he's not an adult I would call him a chuunibyou.' Alastor nods to herself while evaluating his acting skills.

"Our wishes? Paimon thought that the Adeptis in Liyue were good in battle... You mean you can grant people's wishes too?" Paimon smugs with her head tilts to her left side.

"Hah... there are different levels of adepti... are not the stars loftier than the mountains, clouds, and moon? Yet, it is unbecoming of an Adepti to boast of one's power. One would have you first speak to one's followers, and only then make your verdict."

'In other words, this guy just confessed that he can't fight. He also can't boast about his power since he never had one, to begin with!' Alastor summarized. 'Asking to interrogate the ones who are fooled by his tricks is not valid! They would side with him!' She scratched her head in frustration. Hearing the interrogation between Aether and the believers is enough to give her a migraine. These believers already gave away a large sum of money for his service and advice! One of the believers even gave half of her wedding budget because she feels grateful for his advice! A DAMN PIECE OF ADVICE! Compared to this faker, even Zhongli's pocket is empty!