Lead The Way!

Aside from the prescribed herbal concoction, Alastor was advised to do regular exercise starting with strolling inside the forest-

*RATATATATATATATATATA!!!*

Alastor adjusts her sunglasses. The Sunsettia flavored lollipop in her mouth has yet to finish. She wipes the sweat trickling down her forehead, combing hair strands with her fingers. "After all this time, my hair length didn't change... Damn it." Although she is just slightly annoyed, her face shows a very pissed off expression.

*Shak!*

Reloading the amo, she turns to aim at a bush that seems to be moving. "Die."

"WAAAH! WAIT! I SAID WAAAIT!!!" The person hiding in the bush earlier revealed himself... And fell face-planted onto the ground. When he lifts his slightly dirty face, you still can see his distinct, medium length dirty blonde hair and sharp eyes with red irises. His hair hangs down the back of his head, complimented with some red hair clips holding his hair, and a slight braid. On his left, he wears a blue feather tucked under one of his hair strands and above his ear. He also sports a pair of golden, angular ear ornaments with small red and blue squares inside of them. Although with all those perks, he looks rather pitiful.

Alastor retracts her weapon. "Sorry, I thought you were a Fungi."

Upon receiving non-hostile reaction, Kaveh sighs, his hope to live seems possible. 'I almost lost my composure. He's so scary! What's with that weapon in his hands anyway?!! It's so ruthless!' The obvious stare he got didn't seem to reassure him. "Is there anything y-you want to tell?" The gaze from that unsmiling face gives him goosebumps all over.

"Oh, nothing much. I just thought your hair is pretty stylish." There are other parts of Kaveh's outfits that she wanted to compliment but she held herself back. If she mentions every nook and cranny wouldn't she seem perverted?

"I- uhm... *Low voice* that took me by surprise *normal voice* Well, thank you."

Alastor held out her hand. "I'm Alastor from Adventurers' Guild. This is my first time visiting Sumeru. To be honest, I've been struggling navigating through this new environment . Can I tag along until we reach Sumeru City?"

He receives the handshake with ease, putting his trust on the mention of the Adventurer's Guild. "Of course! By the way, I'm Kaveh. I was a student of the Kshahrewar Darshan of the Sumeru Akademiya. After graduating with honors, you can say I'm the most renowned architect in Sumeru!"

"Kshahrewar? Darshan?" Alastor's head spinning to comprehend new vocabulary.

"You don't know these terms?"

"No. It's my first time hearing such terms." Alastor tilts her head with a light smile on her face. "Please tell me more about Sumeru. Also, while my academic background is not that profound, you can count on me when it comes to dealing with monsters."

"Hahaha... Sure!" Kaveh sweat drops.

Along the journey, Alastor discovers Kaveh is a very talkative person, so much that she almost thought Kaveh's real identity is a walking radio.

Second, he's in huge debt. From his story, it sounds like the person who hired him kinda scammed him.

Third, whenever he complains, he always mentions this dude goes by the name Alhaitham. Alastor isn't interested in finding out the reason, but whoever that is, he sure is something to make Kaveh this angry.

Alastor is relieved that she was sent here to recuperate instead of an undercover mission. Kaveh is truly a nice person. He also taught her a lot of things regarding Sumeru.