Outlaw of the Waves

Vranz does the morning stretch to start yet again another day of hell. Before exiting his hideout, he bid farewell to the passive state Hydro Hypostasis. "I'll be back. See you later." And he proceeds to get out of the cave through the second exit without looking back.

'Excuse me??? What am I? Your pet? This is my home to begin with.' Hydro Hypostasis sweat drops but cannot say anything in return because it has no mouth.

As he exits, his face basked into rays of sunlight. Although there are some trees on this island, the density is not thick enough even to be called a forest. The skinny tree trunk and branches are common. Only fools would think they could hide behind such trees. In this island, if you really want to hide, it will be places that normal people wouldn't set their eyes upon. If you take the Sangonomiya Temple as the centre, common hiding spots are places that are higher than the temple itself, caves, and somewhere between these rocky landscapes.

Why am I rambling about this? While it seems like I'm planning ahead of time where to run, it's not that case. Well, to put it simply, hiding spots means mobs.

"Hehehehehe~ Let's see what items these Inazuma mobs will drop." Today is rather a lovely day except Vranz got too excited on his first farming in Inazuma.

...

"General Gorou! We- we have an urgent matter to report, sir!" A soldier from the Abalone Squad saluted.

'Ugh... I was about to have my lunch...' Gorou frowns while holding a plain looking fish that's been cooked on fire. "What is it?" He asks. 'What is it that had you stopping me from having my lunch?! The reason better be good, or else! Woof! Wait- damn it! I shouldn't bark in my own thoughts!' At this moment, Gorou seems composed on the outside with his eyes closed but only he knows the battle inside of him, fighting his doggy nature.

"While guarding our posts, we heard screaming!" Another soldier from Caviar Squad starts.

"Wwww-what?? G-ghost?!! *Doggy whimper*" Gorou shook his head fast to return to his senses. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Ah- my deepest apologies General. It wasn't a ghost. Rather, it's the scream of the Nobushi and Treasure Hoarders." The captain of Bluefin Tuna squad adds.

"Wait- what are you all doing here? Aren't you from different squads?"

"That... It's because the phenomenon didn't happen in a single place. It occurred near other posts too. That's why we decided it is best to report it to you."

...

"ARGHH!!" The Nobushi groans in pain, the last sound he made before he completely vanish.

*Clink!*

"Woah, he dropped an artifact. Nice- oh, the stats are trash as usual." Aside from the artifact, Vranz picked up the  Old Handguard. "Oooh, nice. It's like those prehistoric stuff. Oh wait, the setting here is kinda like that. Even Kamera from Fontaine seems like they came from 19th century." Vranz analyzes, then divert his attention to the amount of Mora he got. "Today's haul isn't really that impressive. Fighting mobs from those yellow Leylines of Wealth can give me more. Though... it needs 20 resins. My resins are already used up."

Vranz's Resin: 1/160

"Hold it!"

Vranz hear the voice of an unfamiliar VA. He turns his head and sees a character. Yes, those detailed eyes, that fan service type of clothing, big doggy ears and fluffy tail that begs you to touch it.

"...!#$%^&*(!&&*&^%$*Hey! I'm talking to you!" Vranz returns to reality. He spaced out just by looking at those tail. 'That was dangerous.' He takes a mental note to watch out for this person.

"Ha? What do you want doggy?" Vranz provokes.

"Wh- Wha! D-don't call me doggy! ARF! ARF!- ARGHH DAMN IT!!!" Gorou fell onto his knees, lamenting his defeat.

"General Gorou!"

"Oof, he must have took that personally." Another soldier commented.

'Although that's cute, now I feel guilty.' Vranz sweat drops while facing this scenario.

Seeing their general has fallen into a state of gloom, one of the soldier takes over the investigation. "Well, back on topic, we suspected that you're the one behind the series of screaming from Nobushis, Kairagis and even Treasure Hoarders. Please come with us for further investigation."

"What if I tell you I did? There's no need to follow you right?"

The soldier scratches his head, thinking how to deal with this. "There are a few other things we need to know. Please cooperate, miss-"

*BAM!!!*

Vranz gives him a good punch to the soldier's jawline. One or two of his teeth are probably flying elsewhere at this rate. "DON'T CALL ME MISS!!!" Unlike his sister, Vranz cannot tolerate being mistaken as a woman. He felt insecure.

Because of that sudden reaction, the soldiers also took out their weapons out of reflex.

"S-shorry... mishter..." The unfortunate soldier holds his cheek where the punch landed.

Vranz coughs twice to get their attention. "From now on, I'm the new outlaw of this place. You better remember that!" Vranz activates his hydro vision and creates a bunch of water spheres, trapping them. He ran back to his camp during this few seconds of delay. The water spheres exploded, but by that time, Vranz was no longer in sight.

"That outlaw... is a Hydro vision holder?"

"Whoa, that was close! I thought we're as good as dead!"

"Why didn't he finish us off? Is it because he can't or doesn't want to?"

"*Sigh* This is a lot more complicated than I thought"

While the other soldiers thinking out the possibilities, Gorou try sniffing the air, but no avail. The suspicious person's scent have been washed by water. 'He escaped by water path. The problem is I cannot track his scent or his footprints because of the structure of the beach is mostly rocky, meaning there would be no footprints. Damn it! I will definitely apprehend that outlaw for the sake of Watatsumi Island! For I am, GENERAL GOROU!' "AWWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"G-general?! Hey, do you think he's mad at us?"

"How am I supposed to know?! I'm not a dog expert!"

"Oh yeah! I've read this in a book! It says dogs howl to attract attention, to make contact with others and to announce their presence."

"Like... Asserting dominance?"

"Wha-"

"..." The previous soldier who got a punch from Vranz can only stay silent among the chaos.