A Slip Of The Tongue

*Zzzzzzz...*

Diluc drags the person who is sleeping peacefully in the sleeping bag with Lyudmila following them from behind. It's as if he's carrying a giant yellow cocoon on his back.

"So this is your new supervisor?" Diluc starts a conversation.

"Apparently. Let me remind you not to bother him with questions about our agendas. He wouldn't know even if you ask. We have factions that have different responsibilities." Lyudmila warns him. In case Diluc will interrogate this supervisor in the future, he will eventually dismiss the idea. Besides, she doesn't know how secretive this new supervisor is. Whether he is reliable or not, it is better to take early precautions.

They entered another room with a closed giant door right in front of them. In the middle of the room, a big bright red glowing key floats ominously.

"What is this? A key?" Diluc observes the strange object cautiously. He touches the key, but no energy fluctuations or anything.

"I have seen these strange keys one or two times. I also have no idea what it's for."

*Yawn* Vodka yawns and unzipped the cocoon, casually getting out of it while rubbing her eyes.

"About time. You, what is this?" Diluc points to the floating red key.

'???... Is this a quiz?' Vodka, with her still blank mind, touches the key. "For fighting monsters."

Monsters immediately spawn from the mysterious smoke. The red key turns blue and numbers are moving on the ceiling. A countdown using numbers Vodka knew well.

"Ignorant fools! Those who mess with the Abyss, shall be drowned in irreversible suffering!" A Pyro Abyss Mage appears among the other monsters.

"Oh? Pyro Abyss Mage? So you're the one who burned one of our camps here, yes?" Vodka ignored his edgy warning and get straight down to business.

"Heh! So what are you gonna do about it? Anyone who dares stands against the Abyss shall be eradicated! You're next!"

"Wow... You're not even sorry." Vodka takes out her Skyward Spine and hit the bottom tip hard onto the ground, making the ground shake. A massive carter was created as the result. "Now I'm mad." Vodka never tolerates those who are not sorry for their actions.

Scared, the Pyro Abyss Mage orders the monsters to attract the group. "Lyudmila, Diluc, you take care of these monsters. I'll take down their boss." Vodka gave the instructions.

"Since when do you have the qualifications to order me around?"

"Diluc, shut it! Just focus on fighting!" Vodka cuts the drama with a firm order. Dissatisfied, Diluc watches Vodka goes into battle before he activates his vision, burning all the monsters nearby.

Lyudmila got rather good reflexes. She dodged the opponent's arrows and headshot them in return. Whenever someone got too close, she will change her fighting style, kicking, elbowing, and even punching the enemies.

Meanwhile, Vodka hits the Pyro shield furiously. Every hit creates a temporary pyro shield shard due to Geo reaction. The shield bar goes down bit by bit. Vodka dodges the spiraling fire that the Abyss Mage shot. Seeing this, the Abyss Mage summons three fire-spitting bird heads, each aiming towards Vodka in the middle. Vodka accumulates the Geo energy, manifesting a shield that protects her from all sides.

"Impossible!" The Abyss Mage cries.

"Impudent." Vodka lands another hit with her Geo energy spear, breaking the Pyro Shield. The Abyss Mage fell like a rag doll.

"Hehehehe~ Not oh so powerful now, are we?" A glint of sinister smile plastered onto her face. She picked up the weak and weightless creature.

"You!... The Abyss Order wouldn't let you get away with this!"

"Who's going to report if we silence you right here and right now?" Vodka adds. The Abyss Mage paused. "Just as I thought." Vodka activates the Geo energy. "Crystalize."

Slowly, the Abyss Mage turns into stone. He struggled to his last breath, but that was all in vain as Vodka doesn't even slightly appease his pleading.

*CRACK!*

The Abyss Mage's stone figure cracked and fell with its pieces everywhere.

The blue key in the middle is now gone, replaced by a brighter blue key behind the tree altar.

"The exit is here." She announces like it's a normal occurrence.

*SHING!*

Diluc pointed his claymore towards the Supervisor. Vodka looked at him in bewilderment. Lyudmila readying her arrow towards Diluc's forehead. "You... How many people have you killed?" He glares at the Supervisor who looks as if he's pretending to be dumb.

"Uh... I never count the exact number, but does Treasure Hoarders included? I don't remember killing any ordinary civilian as far as I'm concerned if that's what you worried about. Also, I mostly kill monsters. Why do you ask? I mean, it's not like you haven't killed anyone, right?" Vodka sees Diluc's glare get more intense, but he finally put away his Claymore. He throws the neatly folded sleeping bag, walks past them, and goes straight to the exit waypoint.

'Huh? Did I say something wrong- OH SHIT! HIS DAD! OMG, I FORGOT ABOUT THE WAY HE DIES! I'M SO SCREWED!' Suddenly she was hit by realization, but it was too late.

"I MEAN, TREASURE HOARDERS ARE PEOPLE TOO RIGHT? BUT I'M TOO USED TO FIGHTING MONSTERS I FORGOT THOSE PEOPLE ARE FRAGILE! DILUC! HEY! I DIDN'T MEAN WHATEVER YOU'RE THINKING RIGHT NOW! ARE YOU LISTENING?!! TELL ME YOU DIDN'T MISUNDERSTAND ME!" Vodka frantically tries to explain herself.

Lyudmila puts down her bow. "Supervisor forgot his sleeping bag... Who gave that child such strong power?" She sighs. Even if she acknowledges Vodka as the Supervisor, Vodka is still a bit childish. She picks it up and exits the domain last.