Realm Buried in the Depths of Sea

*SLASH!*

A Pyro Abyss Mage struck in horror as he watches his comrade sliced in half right in front of him. His shield is also down, leaving him in a vunerable state. "W-what do you want from us?!" That high pitched distorted voice shouts desperately.

Vranz grabs the cloak of the weakened Abyss Mage and raise him into air easily with one hand. He didn't answer with words. Next you could hear the sound of cracking bones similar to the sound of twig breaking. Only after that the red seal on the treasure chest turns golden and undo itself.

"Vranz!"

Upon hearing Paimon's call, Vranz turns his head. "Took you long enough. I even cleared the area. Did you find anything in the ruins?"

"We saw a bunch of old books written in ancient text. The place used to be a library of sorts. Then there's this guy in Inazuma's basic  garment studying the books." Aether summarizes his findings.

"Yeah! Paimon's surprised he could even read that! Those books are like- super old! Not to mention this place is buried and forgotten from history." Paimon shrugs.

" Paimon shrugs

'Basic garment... Probably an NPC. If that guy is in this godforsaken place then that means his role is to give out a quest.' Vranz suspects something weird about the NPC's setting but decides to shrug it off. "What's his name?"

"His name is Enjou." Aether replies.

'Enjou? Sounds close to the word Bonjour. Is it a French word? This Fontaine-France reference does not match his Inazuma clothing. No, maybe it is a Japanese word. He's also into research? Isn't that a setting for Sumeru people? The fact that Fontaine NPCs' are obsessed with building machines instead... WHY IS HIS CHARACTER SETTING SO CONFUSING?!!' Vranz pinches his nose bridge.

"Vranz? Are you okay?" Aether waves his hand in front of stressed Vranz.

"Oh, nothing. Just organizing my thoughts. So did he ask you to do him a favor?" Vranz meant to ask if Enjou had given them a quest.

"Actually yeah- wait, how did you know?" Paimon blinks in surprise.

"Everyone keeps asking you two favors to the point I'm not even surprised." Vranz bluntly says. 'Currently I'm lack of information. Slowly uncovering secrets of this world... Isn't this what that exploration maniac likes the most?' Vranz facepalming on the inside remembering his sister that had unusually too much time on hand to do exploration.

While Aether and Paimon led the way ahead, Vranz took a picture of a scene he considered photogenic and sent it to her sister through a social app. Usually he would send pictures to the family chat group but in this world, only his sister is an option to chat with.

A few seconds later, Alastor also sent a pic. It was a map. Enkanomiya map to be exact. One of the islands has reached 80% exploration. The pic was accompanied by a Childe chibi sticker.