Chapter 7

"We'll both get out of here. I promise." I looked over at Kyle who had whispered that to me.

"You don't know that." I whispered back to him. After Black ski mask killed the man, they dragged his body over to where the mothers body laid. "I've never played any game before, and they don't seem the type to just let us go."

He looked at me, confusion mixed in with the fear that had been plastered on both our faces since we got here. "What do you mean? They told us that they keep their promises."

Before I could respond, Black ski mask stepped forward and spoke up again. "We're gonna change the game now." After saying that, he turned around and helped his friends switch to a different game.

"Well? What do you mean?" Kyle had leaned forward, trying to get my attention.

"He seemed really mad that you beat him." I took a deep breath before continuing. "I just... don't think they're gonna let us go."

Kyle leaned back, the relief that he had on his face after beating Black ski mask seemed to go away. Before I even thought about anything, I moved closer to Kyle and hugged him. He seemed a little taken aback at first, but then hugged me back.

"We'll try our best to get out of here." I whispered into his ear before pulling away.

He nodded his head and I looked over to the masked people to see if they were done yet. They were all occupied with getting the thing set up, except for a guy in a V for Vendetta mask, he was staring at me and Kyle. He was quite tall, with black slightly curly hair. I couldn't see his eyes though, they were in shadow. He was wearing black jeans with a black T-shirt and a black jacket. If I had to guess, he was probably in his twenties.

"The Vendetta dude is staring at us." Kyle whispered into my ear. He was still quite close to me, and his left arm was wrapped around me.

"Yeah I know." I whispered back.

I continued to stare at the guy until Black ski mask came forward again. "Alright, we're done." He looked at each of us hostages before continuing. "We're now gonna play Call of Duty. It is a shooting game, for those who don't know." He turned around to face his friends. "Who's starting this time?"

I had expected Clown mask to step forward, but instead the Vendetta guy stepped forward. "It's my turn." He sounded kind of angry, and he was still looking in me and Kyle's direction as he said that.

"Ok, who are you choosing?" Back ski mask gestured to the people who were left.

Vendetta didn't hesitate as he walked straight over to where me and Kyle sat. He reached down and ripped me out of Kyle's arms. Kyle had gotten up as soon as Vendetta grabbed my arm, but Vendetta just ignored him and dragged me over to the chair. I couldn't help but thrash around, as did all their other victims. Once sitting down in the chair, I looked back over to Kyle.

Black ski mask had come forward and pressed his gun against Kyle's head. "Sit the fuck down, and don't make me repeat myself."

Kyle continued to stand there and stare at me. I gave him a nod, trying to communicate for him to just listen to what they say. Kyle gave a glare at Black ski mask before sitting back down.

I turned back around to Vendetta, who had given me the bloody controller. That was the first time I saw his eyes. They were a striking blue.